Colliwobbers 2021

Started by Colliwobblers, March 09, 2021, 05:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

Great team & yes, I would plump for Danger because you know he'll be a top 6 forward by season's end. Taranto a good pick but highly unlikely he's a top 8 mid.

Mat0369

Taranto is in my team but I don't have Rowell. I did a bit of research and found a lot of the SC guns of recent time had a huge breakout season in year 5 of playing games in the AFL system. Taranto is currently in that bracket and with his pedigree I feel he is hard to pass up. Some of the guys that had breakouts in their 5th season

Fyfe - 106.4 to 122.3
Trac - 81.2 to 117.5
Danger - 80.3 to 118.7
Oliver - 109.3 to 122.2
Tom Mitchell - 103.8 to 118
Treloar - 105 to 111
Pendles - 106 to 110 (next season he was a super premo at 120+)
Neale - 104 to 112
Zorko - 100 to 108
Rockliff - 97 to 109.6 (went 113 two years prior and 131 the year after)
Cripps - 97 to 119
Docherty - 108.5 to 115
Gawn - 102 to 118

I think Macrae had his breakout in year 6. Some guys topped their 5th year season later on but it is generally the start of their prime which sees the spike in scores. This is why Simpkin from North is also super tempting for me and is completely under the radar with his huge ceiling.

Bully

I think Taranto is the pick of the mid pricers, I suppose it comes down to your expectations. 110 probably a stretch but you never know.

Mat0369

The GF and his 140 feels like a lifetime away

Colliwobblers

good stats Mat and believe me i do love me a stat. this sites ancient history can show that...

I think phillips and rowell are the big risks here and while the dreamer in me wants to see huge profits or keeper from them the realist says two wasted trades for sub prime returns....

almost hoping the rooks named round one force my hand and i end up with danger and all the best rooks and neither or those two.

but lets see. no one wins this thing without points of difference, but that doesn't mean one needs to start with a point of difference, difference can come later...

Samsturmfels

Quote from: Colliwobblers on March 11, 2021, 12:28:37 AM
good stats Mat and believe me i do love me a stat. this sites ancient history can show that...

I think phillips and rowell are the big risks here and while the dreamer in me wants to see huge profits or keeper from them the realist says two wasted trades for sub prime returns....

almost hoping the rooks named round one force my hand and i end up with danger and all the best rooks and neither or those two.

but lets see. no one wins this thing without points of difference, but that doesn't mean one needs to start with a point of difference, difference can come later...
I tried pods during the 2nd half of the season and it really burnt my team. I picked guys like Williams, Jack Martin, Walters, Big O.... the list goes on. Although I nearly grabbed Walsh at the start of his scoring streak but fell 1k short so i picked Angus Brayshaw instead  ;D

Colliwobblers

Played with the rooks after the AFL.com article and the super coach show on fox - completely contradictory.... IMO

freed up $45k and hopeful,

SERIOUSLY toyed with the idea of Lloyd to Daniels to get a budderick type on field in defence just to lock it down, but kozi should do any if my def bench isnt playing i won't be alone.

if a couple of the cheapest rooks don't play that may still need to happen.

pretty set otherwise apart from the endless rowell - cripps - dusty debate at M4

no! PRETTY SET :D

RoughRed

I like the setup for what that i worth
I still question TPhillips and Rowell but I think you have "good bones"
How do your byes look, or are you not worrying at this stage?

Colliwobblers

Havent even looked but I will pre- lockout.

not too worried at the start, but will make every upgrade on the way to them with them in mind.

I'm more questioning rowell + tarranto over premium + rook, than i am phillips. but im gambling on phillips being a premium, too dear for a worthwhile cashcow.

I'm just not so desperate to have any other premium, neale im certain i can get cheaper and you have to upgrade so why not make him one of the upgrades, the other premiums none have really scremed you have to have me....

Bully

Neale at 120 for the next 6 rounds will leave him at 654k, will be making him my first upgrade. Even better if he throws in a stinker.

Honestly reckon Neale comes back to the pack this year, can't see another Brownlow performance.

Telescopic

What do you think TFlip can average? I see his ceiling being at 95 and find it unlikely he goes above 90 this year

Colliwobblers

i think he has it in him to be a premium, this year...? not sure , good pre-season looked good in game, not a full squad but still.

priced at 84.5 I believe good coin to be made if I flicked him with an average of 95 if he isnt making the top tier this year.

But yeah I'm not convinced, and how can you be convinced on rowe, or cripps or phillips either.

I think anyone over $350k that isnt a premium keeper is a risk

Still good scoring on field and a $100k minimum price rise isnt a bad return from a mid priced player?

I have 3 but I'm feeling like one may have to go if rooks named don't fall my way, a lot of mine are basement priced.

Telescopic

Quote from: Colliwobblers on March 12, 2021, 05:10:19 PM
i think he has it in him to be a premium, this year...? not sure , good pre-season looked good in game, not a full squad but still.

priced at 84.5 I believe good coin to be made if I flicked him with an average of 95 if he isnt making the top tier this year.

But yeah I'm not convinced, and how can you be convinced on rowe, or cripps or phillips either.

I think anyone over $350k that isnt a premium keeper is a risk

Still good scoring on field and a $100k minimum price rise isnt a bad return from a mid priced player?

I have 3 but I'm feeling like one may have to go if rooks named don't fall my way, a lot of mine are basement priced.

Who knows, I may be inflicting bias because I don't like him as a footballer... I guess its a risk you're willing to take, like I am with my rucks. Totally fair enough!

Colliwobblers

For better or for worse this is how I'll line up for 2021, rooks aside, but don't expect many changes to them.

10 Premiums - or is it 13 time will tell.

Colliwobblers

10 maybe 13 pffft.

probably kick myself on rowell but late withdrawl and crippa in.