Bully's Boys 2021

Started by Bully, March 07, 2021, 06:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

I feel Boak will slide or have a lull in the second half of the season. Mitchell is probably the mid that is best bang for your buck right now. His ball use is probably hurting him because he was sitting on about 95 and slid to around 87 with a bit left in the last quarter. O'Meara is being left free to do what he wants while Mitchell is getting the tag. I think teams might switch and look to send someone to O'Meara and Mitchell could be in line for some monsters.

I also think Sidebottom over Zorko is the play for this week. Collingwood are in trouble and they'll throw the experienced heads around the ball. Worst case he averages a 90 the rest of the way which is still good enough for F6. Otherwise if you can squeeze the cash together I would look at Marshall who will be a nice option for ruck cover down the track as well.

Bully

Quote from: RoughRed on April 26, 2021, 09:46:56 PM
Good result!
Sound trades
You dodged the Neale bullet last week too

Yes mate, huge sigh of relief with Neale, if it wasn't for the backline chaos he'd probably be in my team & I'd be down a trade.

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 26, 2021, 10:01:03 PM
I feel Boak will slide or have a lull in the second half of the season. Mitchell is probably the mid that is best bang for your buck right now. His ball use is probably hurting him because he was sitting on about 95 and slid to around 87 with a bit left in the last quarter. O'Meara is being left free to do what he wants while Mitchell is getting the tag. I think teams might switch and look to send someone to O'Meara and Mitchell could be in line for some monsters.

I also think Sidebottom over Zorko is the play for this week. Collingwood are in trouble and they'll throw the experienced heads around the ball. Worst case he averages a 90 the rest of the way which is still good enough for F6. Otherwise if you can squeeze the cash together I would look at Marshall who will be a nice option for ruck cover down the track as well.

Boak is good for 110 this year, he should play most games too, just want a meat & potatoes guy for the moment. Had earmarked Titch but I suspect he's offside with Champion Data, have seen it in years gone by with certain players, Brad Crouch a recent example. Happy to watch
& wait, BE 144 & he could hit 520k, happy to jump on when he hits some form.

I'm totally 50/50 with Zorko vs Sidebottom but my gut says Zorko sees more midfield time over the next 2 months. Sidey could be relegated
back to the forward line at any stage, the calf issues also worry me. Tagging Zorko probably more likely but aside from Touk he has a reasonable
run. Would take Marshall if I had the funds but will try and grab him if he stinks it up this week.

Bully

Apologies for the formatting, something not right with my browser.

Mat0369

Quote from: Bully on April 26, 2021, 10:21:04 PM
Boak is good for 110 this year, he should play most games too, just want a meat & potatoes guy for the moment. Had earmarked Titch but I suspect he's offside with Champion Data, have seen it in years gone by with certain players, Brad Crouch a recent example. Happy to watch
& wait, BE 144 & he could hit 520k, happy to jump on when he hits some form.

I'm totally 50/50 with Zorko vs Sidebottom but my gut says Zorko sees more midfield time over the next 2 months. Sidey could be relegated
back to the forward line at any stage, the calf issues also worry me. Tagging Zorko probably more likely but aside from Touk he has a reasonable
run. Would take Marshall if I had the funds but will try and grab him if he stinks it up this week.

103 average over the last 3 for Boak and 107 over the last 5 with the 160 against North. He may be a bit of a flat track bully with his scoring this year with the other 2 scores over 120 coming against a lifeless Saints and Dons.

Quote from: Bully on April 26, 2021, 10:25:21 PM
Apologies for the formatting, something not right with my browser.

It's whatever m0nty has done in the update. Nothing formats correctly in the preview/quote view and it's terrible on mobile.

Bully

Titch projected to be under 500k in 2 weeks, that would be a buying signal for sure.

Bully

Think we tend to mark Boak harshly at times but he's knocked up 5/6 tons & three of those 120+. With Port winning a few Boak should be fine.

Ringo

Nice result and nice trades. Do not mind the Boak pick.

Bench like most of us leaves a lot to be desired.

Bully

With the Boak news might just roll with this for the time being. Can afford Marshall but still want to wait a week.

Next week Kosi to Flash & Warner to Marshall, forward line done & dusted.

Mat0369

Grabbing both isn't exactly a bad option. It gives you a failsafe in case one fires this week and one doesn't. Both are probably long term forward prospects that will make their way into most line-ups come the end of the season. Having said that I feel the forward line is probably the last line to finish with the strongest rookies being on that line in most sides. It's probably worth grabbing a big gun mid if possible and banking the cash. Also looking at your forward line this week you will need to field one of Jones/Macrae/Mansell which could be a disaster. It's something you can't really avoid even if you nail your trades due to the Dusty concussion.

Bully

Can afford any mid up to 563k, Boak really the only good option in my opinion. Titch still a wait & see.

Petracca I'm keen on but by taking him I'm left with few other options. Heeney possibly but he's due to fall.

By picking up these two now I at least get them nice and cheap, priced at 90 & that would be their absolute floor.

Next week can look at a big gun mid or Marshall, can do Warner to Frederick via Laird & get Sidey back to the forwards.

That would give me 290k which combined with Powell gets me Steele, Walsh or Petracca.

As for the rookies, I'll loop Scott, Mansell & McNeill & cross my fingers that a couple get the job done.

Bully

Not a bad week with 2126 but could have been a hell of a lot better if Maxy didn't put in such a shocker. Was left with taking 144 + 23 or going for a Maxxy/Jones combo. Was half right but still lost valuable points in the process.

So this week's movements will be bringing in a fallen mid, considering Brayshaw, Titch & Jelly but gravitating towards Brayshaw at this stage. Rank is solid, 475 but things can change rather quickly. 

Mat0369

17 keepers is pretty solid at this point. The forward line looks great and Jones might actually start earning some cash in the forward line.

Brayshaw looks to be an amazing pick at his price. D5 is a bit of a worry moving Laird because I don't trust Kosi to keep up this scoring. However the rest of the team looks good enough to cover. I think the week after the key is going to be culling Flynn for maybe Bryan and upgrading that D5 spot.

Bully

Yep, was planning that exact move although I'd love one more price increase from Flynn. Will have to wait and see but looks as though Mummy is the number 1.

Kosi should be 280k so the Flynn money will be enough to grab a fallen defender, had earmarked Hurn but will have to wait on team sheets.

Mat0369

After 30 touches in the VFL Highmore should hopefully get a game for the Saints as well in the next fortnight. The Saints will be reluctant to make changes to a winning team this week but at least he looks to be in contention for a spot.

Bully

Highmore should get games at some point, the sooner the better. Will also consider a double down if Highmore plays. Collier-Dawkins looked AFL ready and is on my watchlist.