Bully's Boys 2021

Started by Bully, March 07, 2021, 06:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter

Well done and great luck!!!!

Ringo

May the supercoach Gods look favourably on you over the next few weeks well done.

With 2 trades I would just sit and use when needed. Can not see how to open the Ruck DPP.  Just hope Reeves is available if needed.  May just have to rely on getting Danger.  Not sure how much cash you have though.

RaisyDaisy

Well done Bully, having a fantastic year!

With just 2 trades left, I think you definitely have to forget about Danger and just sit on your hands. The team you have right now is the final team

There's still so much footy to be played, and you're going to make up ground by having trades later in the season

I know the mindset is to get in Danger/more points now to bridge the gap, but when the injuries come (and they will) you'll fall behind more than what you'd possibly gain in the short term by trading in Danger etc

I would be putting those 2 trades aside and ONLY using them for LTI's

If you're fortunate enough to get through the next 4-5 weeks unscathed, then I'd consider using the 2 trades to get in another upgrade, but until then it's a defiinte hold

Bully

Quote from: Ringo on June 22, 2021, 08:25:28 AM
May the supercoach Gods look favourably on you over the next few weeks well done.

With 2 trades I would just sit and use when needed. Can not see how to open the Ruck DPP.  Just hope Reeves is available if needed.  May just have to rely on getting Danger.  Not sure how much cash you have though.

Cheers Ringo, plenty of luck required from here, hoping Grundy doesn't make it this week to be honest.

The original plan was Treacy up to R3, Reeves to Danger. Still possible of course but not whilst he's not getting games. Can also grab cheap DPP & trade L.Jones to Danger. Reeves is the key here.

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on June 22, 2021, 09:18:39 AM
Well done Bully, having a fantastic year!

With just 2 trades left, I think you definitely have to forget about Danger and just sit on your hands. The team you have right now is the final team

There's still so much footy to be played, and you're going to make up ground by having trades later in the season

I know the mindset is to get in Danger/more points now to bridge the gap, but when the injuries come (and they will) you'll fall behind more than what you'd possibly gain in the short term by trading in Danger etc

I would be putting those 2 trades aside and ONLY using them for LTI's

If you're fortunate enough to get through the next 4-5 weeks unscathed, then I'd consider using the 2 trades to get in another upgrade, but until then it's a defiinte hold

Wasn't planning any trades for a few weeks, reckon I need 2 trades heading into the final month, hopefully no 4 week injuries, will hold anyone under that. Plenty of luck required but Grundy missing will help immensely.

Bully

Quote from: Peter on June 21, 2021, 09:21:20 PM
Well done and great luck!!!!

Cheers mate, luck required but I will give it my best shot.

Bully

Looks like Grundy is in which means I'm probably losing 10 points a game at R2 from this point onwards. A slight concern but maybe a possible shark move on the cards if he's eased back this week. All depends on the funds generated.

I'm also considering Hawkins if he spuds it this week, reckon there is potential for some big scores.

upthemaidens

700th with 10 trades left, let's see if I can chase you down.   :)

Peter

Good luck to you both - get inside top 100.
Trying to get there myself, but too hard from 4989

Bully

Held off on the Neale trade due to Impey, whether that comes back to bite remains to be seen. Neale's shoulder doesn't look great so probably good in the long run.

So this week I'll see how CCJ/Treacy fare & then make a call on F5. Toby Greene on standby!

Bully

So the push to the summit continues and I find myself ranked 17, a slight worry my F6 is exposed but CCJ seems to be getting more ruck time.

I took the plunge on burnman Greene & he was solid, not my ideal choice but the whole forward line seems to be a bonfire of burnmen.

Still have the 2 trades up the sleeve, not having Grundy worries me, not having Danger worries me. I gained 140 points by trading Grundy but that has been cut to 111, hopefully that gap holds for awhile.

No trades this week and I'll look at possibilities to manufacture a player from my bench funds. Jones to rookie & possibly Treacy to Danger if all goes to plan.

Peter

Keep holding Bully - 8 to go. You are still moving up

Bully

Quote from: Peter on June 28, 2021, 05:33:29 PM
Keep holding Bully - 8 to go. You are still moving up

The next few weeks will be crucial, if I emerge injury free then I'm in a better position to sort out F6. Hawkins is one I'm seriously thinking about, very doable with the cattle I have & very capable of busting out a 160.

Peter

Many options but don’t be tempted- you will need them

Bully

I would say that's game, set, match for this year's campaign. Just needed one more decent game from CCJ & one quietish game from Danger. Can't see any way to get Danger now, spose you can't win them all.

Peter

He will only go up $30k. Be patient with only 2 trades