Bully's Boys 2021

Started by Bully, March 07, 2021, 06:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

So a solid week, 2356 & into rank 121 which is a solid launchpad heading into the byes.

Now this week I'm thinking I should just bite the bullet & bring in Steele, Jordon has some legs still but with a lack of downgrade options
this is probably the best play. Next week I'll look at bringing in Heeney & I'm still hanging out for Hurn. Zerrett probably my final mid upgrade.

Bully

Quite a few curve balls thrown this week so this is how I'm thinking of lining up, fingers crossed L.Jones gets named because I'm facing a donut in defence.

Bit of a risk with Heeney but the plan is to use him to get Danger in when the time is right.

mjmmjm34

How many trades left?

Team structure very similar to mine, 1 extra gun FWD, 1 less gun DEF.

Bully

Down to 13 trades but I'm comfortable with the fact I only have 3 upgrades to go.

Next week Flynn can be culled & I'll look at bringing in a gun mid. Then it will be Hurn for the last defensive post.

Mat0369

You've done a really good job in having so few upgrades to go heading into the byes. My gut tells me only one of Jones or Bergman will play this week. That could shape a lot of trades. I'd be inclined to turn Bergman into Jones using DPP if he does get dropped.

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 20, 2021, 11:15:19 PM
You've done a really good job in having so few upgrades to go heading into the byes. My gut tells me only one of Jones or Bergman will play this week. That could shape a lot of trades. I'd be inclined to turn Bergman into Jones using DPP if he does get dropped.

Bergman actually has sub written all over him, that effectively destroys his value. I reckon Jones plays by the way, Hinkley wouldn't be rushing him over otherwise.

Mat0369

I could also see Woodcock or Mayes as the sub as well. I guess we find out tomorrow which is nice for a change.

Bully

Managed to hold my ground despite the Brayshaw calf injury, up to rank 93 which is pleasing nearing the half way mark.

This week it's premo mid time & I'm plumping with Zerrett who I think will be let off the leash a bit due to the rise of Parish.

As you can see I'm holding Flynn & bringing in Treacy so I can cash in with 1 trade. Hurn is the plan next week & then I'll combine Poulter & RCD for that last mid upgrade.

Feeling ok with the byes coming up, have a rough idea of my trade plans. Guthrie & Danger my two main targets.

Ringo

Nice team - Great to to see Sidebum finally delivering as well.  Not sure of trades left but may need a sideways trade to strengthen in due course,

Congratulations on the rank and well done.

Bully

11 trades left which is fine considering I only have 2 upgrades remaining. Should have 4-5 injury trades when the dust settles.

Will be doing sideways trading over the byes, moves such as Brayshaw to Guthrie, Heeney to Danger on the cards.

Mat0369

Flynn is ideal to hold up until his bye. He should play again with Mummy against the Lions before being ripe to downgrade

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 24, 2021, 02:12:43 PM
Flynn is ideal to hold up until his bye. He should play again with Mummy against the Lions before being ripe to downgrade

Will assess next week, might cull early if Hurn dips below 400k.

Mat0369

Bye is next week so it's one more price rise this week and gone

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 24, 2021, 02:28:58 PM
Bye is next week so it's one more price rise this week and gone

Nice BE too, hoping for a 40k cash injection.

Bully

It's over! The bye circus is done & I'm thereabouts with a ranking of 35. Here's the final cut with one notable absence.

Pretty happy with the set up, need a plan to get Danger & also need to open up the ruck link. Only 2 trades in the bank but if Reeves comes back that will be sorted.