Bully's Boys 2021

Started by Bully, March 07, 2021, 06:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Any thoughts of getting Marshall and then getting Treacy as R3 in the future.  Think we all hope Highmore gets a game this week to get some cash generation going.
Assuming team is after trades,

Mat0369

The Tiges also want to get games into Naish. I heard Collier-Dawkins got the nod this week because they wanted the bigger body up against the Dogs mids. Richmond rookies worry me a little because they could be rotated in and out of the side pretty quickly. I think next week we have Poulter, Bryan, Byrnes and RCD so it might be the best week for a double down.

Bully

Quote from: Ringo on May 03, 2021, 04:04:24 PM
Any thoughts of getting Marshall and then getting Treacy as R3 in the future.  Think we all hope Highmore gets a game this week to get some cash generation going.
Assuming team is after trades,

I could get Marshall this week but he'd be stuck at R3 until I can bring in Treacy or another DPP, possibly should have done this earlier instead of Macrae but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 03, 2021, 04:05:54 PM
The Tiges also want to get games into Naish. I heard Collier-Dawkins got the nod this week because they wanted the bigger body up against the Dogs mids. Richmond rookies worry me a little because they could be rotated in and out of the side pretty quickly. I think next week we have Poulter, Bryan, Byrnes and RCD so it might be the best week for a double down.

RCD has moved ahead of Ross in my opinion, Prestia still well off & Cotchin now out. I reckon another steady showing & he's got a guaranteed block of games.

RoughRed

Rank is solid, 475 but things can change rather quickly.

Excellent position, keep it up

CD has moved ahead of Ross in my opinion, Prestia still well off & Cotchin now out. I reckon another steady showing & he's got a guaranteed block of games.
Good observation on RCD. I did not watch the game but heard some good reviews (from non Tiger fans) on how he fitted in
Big body helps

Bully

Bitter sweet week, moved up to 417 but missed the bounty with Titch & copped Brayshaw's crud score. Feel I've made a horrible mistake but time will tell. Brayshaw's TOG hugely concerning.

So I'm fixing D6 this week, $900 short on Rich who is a lovely POD but Docherty not a bad back up. Powell has to go & I'll cross my fingers & toes these rooks get the job done. I'll loop Poulter this week and hope for the best.

Mat0369

M7/M8 are pretty thin. A lot of teams will have Powell/Jordon at those two spots right now so you could be coughing up a ton of points. Doc in is a pretty good in, but the mids are a little worrying.

Bully

The difference between Docherty & Kosi is about 45 points, I think with looping I can cover the loss better in the midfield.

Next week I'll look at culling Flynn to a DPP, getting Jordon up to Marshall and moving Zorko to the mids. That will leave me with 3 rooks to upgrade.

As far as the scores go for RCD, I'm bullish as I know his game is largely contested & is more handball centred which should translate to fewer clangers.

This strategy could crash & burn of course, particularly if players get dropped, but when you are contending you have to take a few risks.

Bully

This is another option with a view to getting Fyfe back to the mids next week & bringing in a defender.

Mat0369

I was thinking Mansell on field for this week. If Highmore somehow gets a game this week that would be the option I'd roll with

Bully

Think I'll roll with Titch the more I think about it, probably need an extra mid in there.

Ringo

Congrats on the rank. Well done

Like the Titch option and seems to be finding his mojo at last. Also keep an eye on injuries this week Rich was a collected late in the game and although he played on was a bit ginger in his movements so that may assist you if he misses.

Bully

Rich has a BE of 93 so won't escape into the stratosphere but might be able to squeeze him in using Jordan & Flynn/McNeil/Jones/Bergman.

Don't feel entirely comfortable with the defensive set up but I hear L.Jones not far off & that would completely change the complexion of my defence.

Trades are another thing I have to consider, down to 15 with 4 upgrades to go, also need 7 for the bye period which has been pretty standard over the years.

Want to get the team sorted with 5 injury trades once I have a completed side.

Mat0369

Mitchell feels the safest bet and looks best for your structure.

Jones might be a nice downgrade for Mansell in a couple of weeks as well. I'm curious to see if Fredrick holds his spot because Bonnar and Leinart have been killing the SANFL.

Bully

I'm hearing Mansell a good chance to get a rest so it's probably Docherty & I'll have a close look at both Titch & Steele this week.

Flynn might also make an appearance which would be sensational timing.

Mat0369

It's normally 2 on and 1 off for Mummy so he is due for a rest