New Rule Changes

Started by Wanderer, March 06, 2021, 01:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wanderer

What are folks seeing in terms of potential impacts that can influence SC scoring due to new rule changes, i.e stationary man on the mark and limited interchange?

Some of the early signs or potential impacts include:
- ease of playing on and passing from a free kick or marking situation with stationary man on the mark
- longer time on ground, especially for players that can be swung into resting positions forward due to limited interchange
- games opening up more than usual late in quarters and late in games due to less interchanges
- players with big tanks and running capacity might get more opportunities to get possessions and score more points
- less congestion around the ball, which might lead to less ball ups and less tackles

The rule changes might not be hugely significant in the scheme of things, but when picking between player A and player B (or even looking for those POD players), I think there is merit in considering the impact of the rule changes.

Happy to hear the thoughts of others or am I just overthinking things?

shaker

They are certainly some big changes but we only get to see teams play once before the season and coaches will still play around with positions of players as well in these games so I guess we just have to pick who we would normally pick and then go on a trade frenzy once the season starts to fix all the flower ups  ;D

Mat0369

If run and carry players are going to benefit I think the one to seriously look at is Gaff. He is well priced at 570k, has a huge tank and can be that link up player with a damaging boot.

Wanderer

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 07, 2021, 01:17:14 AM
If run and carry players are going to benefit I think the one to seriously look at is Gaff. He is well priced at 570k, has a huge tank and can be that link up player with a damaging boot.
Agree, and would be a good POD