RoughReds Training Run

Started by RoughRed, February 24, 2021, 11:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoughRed

Sending my team out for its1st training run.
Not all the jumpers have been given out yet but...

B: Lloyd, Laird, Williams , Duggan, xx, xx, (xx, xx)
M: Neale, Oliver, Brayshaw, Walsh, Hately, xx, xx, xx (xx, xx)
R: Gawn, Grundy, (xx)
F: Dunkley, Bolton, Rozee, Impey, xx, xx (xx, xx)

Cash on hand $150k to $240k depending on Rooks

Backs, Lloyd plus 3 backs primed to run through the mids. Rooks in consideration include Jones, Wehr, Highmore, Bianco, Fyfe, Gould plus Heppell

Mids: 2 true guns Neale and Oliver plus emerging players Brayshaw, Walsh and potential bolter, Hately,
Rooks Powell, Robinson, Valente, Smith, Macrae

Rucks: GG following Preuss, Marshall falling down. Rooks under the 'scope are Flynn, Treacy and Meek

Forwards: the weakest line, Dunkley a gun plus potential breakouts Bolton and Rozee, potential keeper in Impey. Rayner, Danger, Daniher in the range. Rooks Durbin, Hutchesson, Cockatoo

Potential 14 keepers ...(he's dreaming)

Peter

Very good start, nearly same as mine, just Cripps for Rozee

RoughRed

Rehash following the weekends frolics
working on a"team on the field" approach with option to go more G'n'R depending on selections

B: Lloyd, Laird, Williams, Duggan, Young, Jones (Highmore/Fyfe)

M: Neale, Oliver, ABrayshaw, Walsh, TGreen, Caldwell, ESmith, CDownie (FMacrae, Gulden, Bianco)

R: Gawn, Grundy (Meek)

F: Dunkley, Ryan, Daniher, Impey, Bergman, Durbin (Treacy, Henry)

Cash 39.7K

Backs: Loaded up with Laird, Williams and Duggan all looking at mid time this year. Played with dropping Lloyd to Mills (may still happen) which would give another 100K plus but it cost me not having the seagull from the start last season. Keeping an eye on Chugg and Wehr

Mids: Have gone to absolute guns, 2 emerging guns and 2 possible breakouts as my core. Again depending on selection have Green+Caldwell+Duggan dropping out for Danger+JClark+Def Rook.

Rucks: GG plus Meek or Flynn with Treacy as a backup

Forwards: Weakest line and most problematic. Not sold on Martin early in the season and gone off Bolton. Still watching Rozee but worried about the "hot" foot. Ryan looks like attending CB for WCE and showed late last season what he could do round the middle from R12. Rayner also in consideration

This team is banking on lots of break-out  ::)

Reckon 12 solid keepers

RoughRed

B: Laird, Daniel, Short, Young, Clark, Kos (Briggs, Highmore)

M: Oliver, Merrett, Brayshaw, Walsh, Green, Caldwell, Smith, Downie (Powell, Gulden, Scott)

R: GG (Meek)

F: Dunkley, Butters, Ryan[/b], Campbell, Bergman, Rowe (Treacy, Rowe)

$204K left
Dropped Lloyd because of knee knock ::) ???

if Lloyd fit

Team 2
B: LLoyd, Laird, Daniel, Short,Clark, Kos (Briggs, Highmore)

M: Oliver, Merrett, Brayshaw, Walsh, Green, Caldwell, Smith, Downie (Powell, Gulden, Scott)

R: GG (Meek)

F: Dunkley, Ryan, Ziebell, Campbell, Bergman, Rowe (Treacy, Rowe)

Cash 41K

Mat0369

Team 2 looks better with Lloyd in that's for sure.

Some interesting POD's like Brayshaw. Do you think he can finish top 8-12? He would have to outscore or get ballpark to guys like Neale, Oliver, Fyfe, Macrae, Bont etc.

Ringo

Interesting mid structure with Brayshaw and Walsh but you have to take risks to get the candy.

Obviously Team 2 with Lloyd fit preferred

RoughRed

B: Laird, Daniel, Stewart, Short, Clark, Kosi (Sharp, Highmore)

M: Oliver, Merrett, Dangerfield, ABrayshaw, Walsh, Powell, Brookman, Gulden (Berry, Scott, ESmith)

R: GG (Flynn)

F: Dunkley, Caldwell, Ziebell, Impey, Campbell, Bergman (Fullaton, Rowe)

Captain decision  Gawn => Merrett (if need be) or ..... spend the balance of my $ and go Oliver => Neale
I am banking on Caldwell living up to his hype rather over the Daniher and his hype :)
Rooks on the field is a serious decision and I will be keeping ESmith at this stage

RoughRed

R1: 2124

B: Laird, Daniel, Stewart, Short, Clark, Highmore (Sharp, Kosi)

M: Oliver, Merrett, Dangerfield, ABrayshaw, Walsh, Powell, Brookman, Gulden (Berry, Scott, ESmith)

F: Dunkley, Caldwell, Ziebell, Daniher, Campbell, Rowe (Fullaton, Bergman)

Cash: $40.7k

Reasonably happy with the result. Kept ESmith (not named) rather than swapping to Jordan. Nearly spent coin on going to Neale for captain coverage with Gawn, kept Walsh rather than taking Rowell (touch and go there)

Question is what to do with Dangerfield. Even if 2 weeks coverage is limited and the risk of a rook fail is too high for me, so who to trade?

TMitch is in the frame as is Macrae, TKelly is tempting and of course McGrath

Mat0369

I feel Danger to Dusty is going to be pretty popular for those that don't have him. You could also grab Mills or Ridley using Laird's DPP.

RoughRed

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 22, 2021, 01:45:03 PM
I feel Danger to Dusty is going to be pretty popular for those that don't have him. You could also grab Mills or Ridley using Laird's DPP.
Yes I had a look at that - could have my backs finished early once Sharp is cooked :)
Liking the Tmitch/Macrae options more especially with coverage in the R14 byes
Probably Tmitch on the $$
Dusty historically has been such a roller-coaster (especially when he comes into my team) so I see him more as a later season upgrade - I would prefer to settle early with someone boring churning out regular 110+  ;D ;D

Bully

Titch is a super safe pick & may not be this cheap again, he's also a great pick with the byes in mind.

RoughRed

R2: 2199
Round Rank: 20,497 oops!
Season Rank: 5,703 (+1,904)
Trades Left: 29
Cash: $40.7K

B: Laird, Daniel, Stewart, Short, Clark, Highmore (Sharp, Kosi)

M: Oliver, Merrett, Mitchell, Brayshaw, Walsh, Powell, Brockman, Gulden (Berry, Scott, ESmith)

F: Dunkley, Caldwell, Ziebell, Daniher, Campbell, Rowe (Fullaton, Bergman)

Good setup poor completion
Traded in Mitchell last week
Kept changing Captains Gawn/Mitchell/Dunkley => Took Mitchell - no viable loophole son 218 it is!
Scott and Rowe on the field, plus poor outing by Daniel and Stewart and Caldwell with a hamstring
Scored ok considering

Trades:
ESmith => Jordan
Caldwell => Walker
Thought about holding Caldwell for the loophole this week Dunkley to Gawn!

Cash: $93K

Colliwobblers

Your off to a solid start, i'd pull the trigger on both trades, something has to go seriously wrong for gawn not to score 150 against the giants if they dish up the same rubbish they did this week.

Mat0369

Can't complain with those trades. Both will make solid cash

RoughRed

Quote from: Colliwobblers on March 30, 2021, 12:07:11 AM
Your off to a solid start, i'd pull the trigger on both trades, something has to go seriously wrong for gawn not to score 150 against the giants if they dish up the same rubbish they did this week.
Happy to see a close game ... so long as Gawn hits 140+