Winx's Buttler 2021

Started by Hoggyz_a_legend, February 17, 2021, 12:02:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggyz_a_legend

Finally happy with my team layout. Took a lot of tinkering, and it's very left of centre, but I think it could work.

Def: Lloyd, Laird, Z.Williams, Grainger-Barras, Jones, Gould, (Thompson, Highmore)
- Gone VERY cookie cutter here.

Mids: Neale, Oliver, Merrett, Dangerfield, Phillips, Campbell, Powell, Valente, (Macrae, E.Smith, Downie)
- Gone light on, but I think the mids is where cash will be bleeding from after potential scaling increase to scores last year. Picked the 3 mids I feel are the most likely not to drop much in price, plus Danger, who will obviously be a top 6 fwd.

Rucks: Gawn, Grundy, (Treacy)
- Gawn will defs lose cash, and I could still swap to Preuss to bolster the mids, but I feel that the risk of not having Gawn for his inevitable massive scores is too risky at the start of the season.

Fwds: Dunkley, Marshall, Rozee, Ziebell, Daniher, Impey, (Cokatoo, Rowe)
- And here is where the risks come in. Reckon Ziebell, Danier and Impey present too good value to leave any out. Yes, they may all scores 60s or 70s. But with their JS, I'd take that over a rookie who can be dropped after one bad game.

Bank: $45,100

By my calculations, there's 11 keepers, 1 midprice (Rozee), and a lot of high price rookies.

I may not go in to Rnd 1 with this, but with doubt over the number quality rookies, these fallen non-premos could be the way to make cash for the first 1/3 of the year.

Money Shot

Although I don’t think I could bring myself to go as light as you in the mids I totally understand why you’ve done it.

Makes the rest of the team look really strong and I also agree that the forward line is the line to take the risks in.