2021 Injury Listings

Started by Ringo, February 10, 2021, 10:12:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OZDocker

James Frawley will miss 8-10 weeks after scans confirmed he has a significant hamstring tendon injury.
Jake Carlisle and mature-aged recruit Tom Highmore are in contention to replace Frawley for the round one clash against Greater Western Sydney on March 21

Mat0369

Rayner looking like he may have torn his ACL

enzedder

"The scans have indicated that Rory has done significant damage to his posterolateral corner in his knee.

"There is a lot of other damage in there as well, including a strain to the ACL. The good news is that there is no tear to the ACL.

"We were concerned around some meniscus damage as well but … the surgeon's opinion is that there is no surgery required.

"Rory will be in the brace for about six weeks and then we will reassess from there.” / AFL website re:Lobb

Darcy was said to be touch and go for R1 yesterday or day before.
Treacy or Meek may have a look in but which one and for how long?

Bully

Quote from: enzedder on March 09, 2021, 06:04:40 PM
"The scans have indicated that Rory has done significant damage to his posterolateral corner in his knee.

"There is a lot of other damage in there as well, including a strain to the ACL. The good news is that there is no tear to the ACL.

"We were concerned around some meniscus damage as well but … the surgeon's opinion is that there is no surgery required.

"Rory will be in the brace for about six weeks and then we will reassess from there.” / AFL website re:Lobb

Meek needs at least 5 games to make him worthwhile, think I will stick with the Briggs/Flynn double act.

enzedder

Quote from: Bully on March 09, 2021, 06:07:48 PM
Quote from: enzedder on March 09, 2021, 06:04:40 PM

Meek needs at least 5 games to make him worthwhile, think I will stick with the Briggs/Flynn double act.
Yeah I have Briggs and Flynn atm as well.
At least Freo are one of the earlier games and we will get the chance of seeing if Treacy is in. Wouldn’t mind him at F8.

Wanderer

Paddy Ryder taking personal leave.

HoleMeal

Max King set to miss Rnd 1 after being knocked out today playing......golf  ;D ;D

IntegralX

Any word on the Adelaide KPDs? Talia, Doedee, Kelly and Butts are on the injury report but I can't find any info regarding the latter 3. We know Talia is out for 3-4. Very important info for those considering Murray at D8.

Ringo

Quote from: IntegralX on March 14, 2021, 07:59:27 PM
Any word on the Adelaide KPDs? Talia, Doedee, Kelly and Butts are on the injury report but I can't find any info regarding the latter 3. We know Talia is out for 3-4. Very important info for those considering Murray at D8.
Doedee is listed as test and both Kelly and Butts are listed as TBC on the injury listings.

Fid

Matt Crouch will miss the season-opener and potentially more games with a groin injury....

https://www.afl.com.au/news/563929/crows-lose-gun-mid-no-timeline-on-return

OZDocker

Geelong recruit Jeremy Cameron will miss the Cats' season-opener with Adelaide after re-injuring his hamstring at training on Wednesday.

RoughRed

Quote from: OZDocker on March 19, 2021, 11:01:56 AM
Geelong recruit Jeremy Cameron will miss the Cats' season-opener with Adelaide after re-injuring his hamstring at training on Wednesday.
AFL site is saying 4 weeks

Wanderer

Rowell subbed out in the 1st with a knee injury. Didn't look serious though.

RaisyDaisy

Dew just said that they don't think Rowell's injury is too serious, but it will keep him out for a few weeks

More to come, but sounds like he has to be traded

shaker

Why is Gold Coast hellbent on making Rowell an instant mid gun he is a kid and needs to be eased into AFL like all kids , he needs to be used outside or half forward or even some time in the 2's or his body will be flowered before it has a chance to mature and is the reason I didn't pick him.