The Process 21

Started by Mat0369, January 28, 2021, 01:34:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

Brockman played well, his 2 goals were pure class, no way he gets dropped.

Scott goes before McNeill but I reckon both might be on the chopping block, can't see JJ missing again.

Mat0369

Quote from: Bully on March 22, 2021, 08:52:30 PM

Scott goes before McNeill but I reckon both might be on the chopping block, can't see JJ missing again.

JJ was trash in the VFL. Wood, West and Ugle-Hagan are the threats. Dale was apparently playing down back. They could go McNeil to Wood and move Dale forward.

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 22, 2021, 09:10:43 PM
Quote from: Bully on March 22, 2021, 08:52:30 PM

JJ was trash in the VFL. Wood, West and Ugle-Hagan are the threats. Dale was apparently playing down back. They could go McNeil to Wood and move Dale forward.

Think it will be Scott to Wood & perhaps McNeill to West. The only hope for McNeill is the fact Bevo tends to allow some continuity, particularly given they got the 4 points. That small forward role still up for grabs, I picked him for JS in all honesty but 8 clangers & some god awful decision making puts him under severe threat.

Mat0369

I didn't watch the game so I can't comment on performance, I just know the Dogs really rate Scott. He has come through their VFL program and I believe was named the captain before he got a shot in the AFL team. Clubs generally aren't keen to mess with a winning formula so it's a wait and see. Worst case scenario is both get dropped and are named emergency/sub. That will cause some chaos

Mat0369

Round 2

Lloyd, Laird, Daniel, Stewart, Clark, Highmore (Kosi, Sharp)
Neale, Macrae, Fyfe, Mitchell, Cripps, Taranto, Gulden, Powell (Brockman, Campbell, Scott)
Gawn, Flynn (Hunter)
Dunkley, Ziebell, Daniher, Impey, Dow, Warner (Bergman, Rowe)

Round Score: 2210
Overall Rank: 6796
Total Cash Left: $18,300

Positives: Lloyd, Laird, Highmore, Macrae, Mitchell, Gawn captain. Dunkley, Gulden, Flynn, Impey, Warner, Brockman, Powell
Neutral: Stewart, Clark, Daniher, Ziebell, Dow, Bergman, Rowe (on bench but cash gen killed)
Bad/Disappointments: Daniel, Cripps, Neale. Taranto, Fyfe (concussed), Kosi, Sharp, Hunter, Scott, Campbell on the bench

I'm at a bit of a loss what to do. Fyfe played forward the whole game before getting concussed in the third quarter. He now misses against Carlton (a team he has routinely destroyed) but hopefully when he comes back he should be able to move into the midfield again with Walters and Treacy in the side. He is a hold right now.

No idea what happened in the Dogs game but Daniel must have had some awful clangers. to finish on what he did. That hurts because I was tossing up him, Ridley and Mills with the other two scoring better.

Taranto started the first quarter with a bang and then completely disappeared. I missed the majority of the games this weekend so if anyone can shed some light on what the f happened here it would be appreciated. The score stings based off how he went last week.

Hunter looks like he is for the bin. I know he went up against Gawn but the scores have been atrocious. Same goes for Scott and Sharp.

Cripps spent basically the entire third quarter in the forward line and only started to score again when he pushed onto the ball late. Carlton have no idea how to use their midfield rotation right now and it's hurting them all. Dow falls into this basket as well and I was looking to trade these two before Friday night happened.

Daniher was looking for the scrap heap before he salvaged his score. However Lachie Neale is a whole other story. Back to back 70's at 700k is a complete failure. He hasn't handled the tag/attention at all. At his price I'm thinking it might be worth trading before he takes a dip and then bringing him back in later when he inevitably drops.

So of the guys I don't have these are probably the ones worth looking at

1. Jordon - Looks to be scoring surprisingly well and should be in there for a while with Harmes out
2. Tex Walker - Talk about a potential cash gen goldmine.
3. Clayton Oliver - Has killed it the first two rounds and is shaping as a must have.
4. Ridley - Another must have down back. Essendon suck so the ball is going to be down his end.a lot.
5. Heeney - Proven as a scorer in past years and has had back to back tons
6. Butters - Was spoken about as a breakout contender and may have just had his signature game on the weekend.

Any suggestions on which way I should go. In a way I'm leaning towards Neale>Jordon and Scott>Walker using Campbell. I can make as much cash as quickly as possible and then start upgrading. Although I feel it's a waste of a trade since I'm turning a keeper into stepping stone essentially.

Mat0369

I forgot to add Dusty tot he list.

7. Dusty - He is a high deviation player but he will be a lock for the top handful of forwards.

Bully

Neale to Dusty, Dow to Jordon.

Swing Campbell to the forwards I reckon.

That leaves a decent war chest to get Oliver in a couple of weeks.

Mat0369

Swap Dow with Scott and it's currently what I have. Left me with 177k

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 29, 2021, 12:44:24 PM
Swap Dow with Scott and it's currently what I have. Left me with 177k

Still looks good from my perspective, when Dusty has parity with Neale you will be in a strong position.

Mat0369

Ended up going with Neale to Ridley and Sharp to Jordon. It allowed me to cull my dead weight rookie in Sharp and bring in a keeper. I can always bring back Sharp at a later point if he comes back and has an okay third game but with Scott getting named with JJ and Wood in the side I think he will get a decent crack. He will also make a little bit of coin this week which is a positive. Same goes for Dow.

Rookies on the chopping block in coming weeks are Bergman, Hunter, Scott, Kosi and Dow. The rest seem to be in an okay situation.

Bully

Any decent downgrade targets? That's my major concern at this point.

Mat0369

Quote from: Bully on April 02, 2021, 01:22:33 AM
Any decent downgrade targets? That's my major concern at this point.

Robertson, Waterman, Perkins, Phillips, Treacy and Parks will all probably be available in about a fortnight as downgrades. I have Dow and a couple more 200k options that would net a ton of cash in these trades. Particularly to Parks/Treacy/Waterman 102k types.

Downie should hopefully be available soon.

Mat0369

Neale to Ridley has been an excellent trade so far. Especially with Highmore getting dropped

Bully

Yes mate, Cripps to Ridley may turn out to be my best trade this year. Will be 600k very soon & potentially very difficult to get in.

coglan13

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 02, 2021, 01:08:53 AM
Ended up going with Neale to Ridley and Sharp to Jordon. It allowed me to cull my dead weight rookie in Sharp and bring in a keeper. I can always bring back Sharp at a later point if he comes back and has an okay third game but with Scott getting named with JJ and Wood in the side I think he will get a decent crack. He will also make a little bit of coin this week which is a positive. Same goes for Dow.

Rookies on the chopping block in coming weeks are Bergman, Hunter, Scott, Kosi and Dow. The rest seem to be in an okay situation.

Hunter being dropped means he is now 4th choice. Martial might be available next week, Ryder is back at the club, and McKernan and Carlisle did the rucking this round. I think he has to go now.