Money Shot 2021 Campaign

Started by Money Shot, December 30, 2020, 12:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

You have Paddy Dow as your avatar but not in your team. I would have thought at his price $202k you may have had him instead of rookies. 

Good side and like most hope we have enough rookies playing to keep prems.

Have you a plan if Whitfield not right for Rd 1 as well.

Mat0369

Quote from: Ringo on February 14, 2021, 06:22:51 PM
You have Paddy Dow as your avatar but not in your team. I would have thought at his price $202k you may have had him instead of rookies. 

It's Cripps as his avatar  :P

I'd 100% moving on from Whitfield and Heeney. Whitfield has an injury history and already picked one up in pre-season. Heeney is in doubt and expected to play deep forward where he scores meh.

Money Shot

Thanks Ringo!

Although I do believe Paddy Wow will breakout im not sold on him starting round 1! If he does I reckon I will get him in my side.

If you take out Whitfields injury score last year of 8 he averaged 110. So for me if he lines up round one I’m happy to take a punt on him. Alternatively, Mills with more midfield time or Stewart who is Uber consistent will come into my side.

I’m banking on him getting up for round one though.

Money Shot

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 15, 2021, 01:50:55 AM

I'd 100% moving on from Whitfield and Heeney. Whitfield has an injury history and already picked one up in pre-season. Heeney is in doubt and expected to play deep forward
where he scores meh.
Thanks Matt!

In regards to Heeney, where is the proof that his scores are meh? He’s always played deep forward to the best of my knowledge and has always averaged around the 95-100 mark doing so. For me that’s enough for F6.

Also happy to take the punt on Whitfield if he’s fit for the reasons I mentioned above. Plenty of cheaper options though if he isn’t.

tommy10

Quote from: Money Shot on February 15, 2021, 07:41:44 AM

I'd 100% moving on from Whitfield and Heeney. Whitfield has an injury history and already picked one up in pre-season. Heeney is in doubt and expected to play deep forward
where he scores meh.
Thanks Matt!

In regards to Heeney, where is the proof that his scores are meh? He’s always played deep forward to the best of my knowledge and has always averaged around the 95-100 mark doing so. For me that’s enough for F6.

Also happy to take the punt on Whitfield if he’s fit for the reasons I mentioned above. Plenty of cheaper options though if he isn’t.
Problem is Heeney's in doubt for round 1 MS. But agree, even if he's playing more fwd, he averages 95-100. Wait and see.

Money Shot

Quote from: tommy10 on February 15, 2021, 12:08:57 PM

where he scores meh.
Thanks Matt!

Problem is Heeney's in doubt for round 1 MS. But agree, even if he's playing more fwd, he averages 95-100. Wait and see.
Yeah obviously if he isn’t lining up round one he goes.

But for me even if he plays predominately forward he should still get his 95-100 average which is more than enough for F6!

Mat0369

He was used as the deepest forward when Buddy was out and his scores were generally trash in those games. There was a season a couple of years ago where he came out and suddenly played deep forward in the first couple rounds and scored pretty mediocre. A bunch of people traded him out, he went to the midfield the next game and lit it up while resting forward and kicking goals.

Considering the Swans lack of midfield depth the tactic was pretty questionable since Buddy was currently playing at that point and he was arguably their most dynamic midfielder with X factor.

With Buddy being a non factor and closer to retirement all the talk has been about playing Heeney forward more and he will likely get used as the deepest forward. His best asset is his ability to get up the ground and be a link man with his overhead marking which he loses in that situation. Add in that he has struggled all pre-season and may not even be ready for round 1 you're asking to get burnt. In that role you're likely to see him drop 10 to 15 points per game at best from the 97 he averaged in his two best seasons.

Money Shot

Very good points Mat!

Definitely something to consider....

Money Shot

New and Improved post Marshall team!!!

Lloyd, Laird, Williams, Milera, Jones, Gould (Wehr, Highmore)
Neale, Oliver, Danger, Cripps, Rowell, Heppell, Valente, Bianco (Durdin, Downie, Rioli)
Gawn, Grundy (Treacy)
Dunkley, Martin, Ziebell, Daniher, Macrae, Cockatoo (Rowe, Laurie)
$1,900

Definitely my most balanced side yet.

Milera is the one I’m not sure on and could easily become a rookie if funds permit but at his price point he is the most likely to become a premium with the half back flank rolling through the middle role that looks likely.

Rest of my team I’m pretty happy with!

Got rid of Whitfield, Marshall and Heeney who all have doubts fitness wise and I feel a lot more confident not having them in my team.

crowls

good balance ms,   with the injuries this structure will be  the new norm for a lot of coaches

Money Shot

Quote from: crowls on February 19, 2021, 09:01:14 AM
good balance ms,   with the injuries this structure will be  the new norm for a lot of coaches
Yep!

Surely 6 on field rookies (2 on each line) will get up and be decent scorers. I hope...

Ashmore62

Quote from: Money Shot on February 19, 2021, 11:13:15 AM
Yep!

Surely 6 on field rookies (2 on each line) will get up and be decent scorers. I hope...
Great side MS.. strong across all lines. Hopefully your right with on field rookies as mine are very similar. There will be more injuries( Prestia hamstring 4 weeks) and surprises b4 we start.

Money Shot

Quote from: Ashmore62 on February 19, 2021, 04:43:32 PM
Quote from: Money Shot on February 19, 2021, 11:13:15 AM
Yep!

Great side MS.. strong across all lines. Hopefully your right with on field rookies as mine are very similar. There will be more injuries( Prestia hamstring 4 weeks) and surprises b4 we start.
Thanks for the feedback!

I’ve toyed with bringing in Impey for Dunkley as I think he is priced really well and has good scoring potential but it really does through the whole side out of balance.

Definitely watching Impey in the pre season though.

Colley Dogs

Strong team!

Standout is Dangerfield at M3, allowing for Dunkley at F1. Different from a lot of teams that are going for Walsh (M3) / Dangerfield or Dunkley (F1).

Is this a decision against Walsh?

...Or a decision for Dunkley?

With question marks over Rookies, the only thing I'd like to see is Impey at M5. But really, this is nitpicking.

Good luck for the season Money Shot. I'm sure you'll smash it!

Money Shot

Quote from: Colley Dogs on February 23, 2021, 11:14:32 AM
Strong team!

Standout is Dangerfield at M3, allowing for Dunkley at F1. Different from a lot of teams that are going for Walsh (M3) / Dangerfield or Dunkley (F1).

Is this a decision against Walsh?

...Or a decision for Dunkley?

With question marks over Rookies, the only thing I'd like to see is Impey at M5. But really, this is nitpicking.

Good luck for the season Money Shot. I'm sure you'll smash it!

In terms of overall points I think Dunkley and Walsh will score similarly.

The key difference is 105 will be a top forward but won’t be a top mid.

I like picking premiums that I am confident will be top in there positions come seasons end. Unfortunately, I’m not sure if Walsh fits that category.