Ashmore's 2021 Journey.

Started by Ashmore62, December 24, 2020, 10:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashmore62

Quote from: Ringo on February 22, 2021, 11:43:24 AM
Nice Team ash but would reconsider Fullarton though as he will not play unless injury intervenes as hard to see him being used with Daniher, Hipwood and McStay up front.  Will more than likely be first called up though when injuries strike. Easy downgrade when date I say it injury to Ziebell or Daniher comes up based on their history.
Cheers Ringo, have now come back to Bergman now at F6.

Ashmore62

Latest squad.. getting closer now. Been critical of Danger, but with Cats adding quality pick ups including Higgins, Smith, Cameron, recon Danger is going to have a lot more freedom.

Def: Lloyd, Laird, Williams, Jones, Bianco, Gould . Subs: Wehr, Clugg.

Mids: Neale, Petracca, Danger , Rowell, Cunnington, Phillips, Macrea, Valente,  Subs: E Smith, Dawkins, Downie

Rucks: G & G Sub: Treacy

Forwards: Dunkley, Dusty, Heeney, Ziebell, Daniher , Impey Subs: Durdin, Rowe.

Heeney looks good to start Rnd 1. Now just trying to sure up rookie Rnd 1 starts..

coglan13

Defensive rooks might be a problem. Can't see five cheap ones showing up. Keep some coin handy.

Ashmore62

Quote from: coglan13 on February 26, 2021, 10:40:55 PM
Defensive rooks might be a problem. Can't see five cheap ones showing up. Keep some coin handy.
Cheers Coglan, my back 6 have been a worry, so with much thought I've beefed up defence and some changes to Mids and forwards, hopefully expecting my on field rookies to start Rnd1.

Def: Lloyd, Laird, Howe, Williams, Jones, Gould . Subs: Wehr, Clugg.

Mids: Neale, Danger, Welsh, Rowell, Taranto, Heppell, Macrea, Valente,  Subs: E Smith, Rioli , Downie

Forwards:  Dusty, Heeney, Ziebell, Daniher , Impey, Bergman Subs: Durdin, Rowe.

Ashmore62

Def: Lloyd, Short, Howe, Duggan, Jones, Koschitzke . Subs: De Koning, Sharp.

Mids: Neale, Petracca, Bont, Danger, Taranto, Campbell, Bruhn, Downie,  Subs: Durdin, Gulden, Trew.

Forwards:  Dusty, Heeney, Ziebell, Daniher , Warner, Bergman Subs: Briggs, Rowe.

Have gone on current form and best rookie choice to start on field.. Bench is a work in progress.. Don't think Williams will get off tonight, but if he does will slot him straight in for Duggan...and thinking Bolton for Heeney.
Thoughts very welcome.

Colliwobblers

looks good, i'd move heeney on.

Mat0369

A couple things to consider. The appeal of Duggan was more midfield time and the expectation he would have an impact around CB's. He attended 8 CB's compared to Xavier O'Neill's 9 and was 4th on the team in this area. This was also without Tim Kelly and Yeo (who we don't know when he will return). It doesn't feel like a huge boost and I don't know if he can really match Laird, Ridley, Daniel, Stewart, Ryan, Mills etc.

I'm also not a fan of Heeney's role but I don't know if Bolton is the option. I feel you need to also bring in another defensive premium or mid price option because it is highly unlikely that we get 4 competent rookies in the backline come round 1. Downgrading Heeney is probably the way to do that and with Danger in the midfield it's an easy way to go about it.

Speaking of the defensive rookies, there is 0 to no chance De Koning lines up, Briggs is a 50/50 proposition (even though you currently have him forward), Jones came on for only a half and we're unsure if Sharp is going to get Rayner's spot. The only player I feel confident in getting a game is Kosi but playing key forward in a terrible team spells 40's against decent opposition.

Ashmore62

Def: Lloyd, Daniel, Short , Docherty, Jones, Koschitzke . Subs: Briggs, Highmore.

Mids: Macrea, Bont, Danger, Fyfe, Rowell, Taranto, Bruhn, Powell.  Subs: Durdin, Gulden, Downie.

Forwards:  Dusty, Ziebell, Daniher , Warner, Fullarton, Bergman Subs: Scott, Brockman.

This is it till next week..

Ringo

Nice team there not much to fault with it.  Perhaps just personal absence of Laird and Maybe Flynn over Treacy

Sit tight and wait for rookies.

Money Shot

This team is almost identical to mine in terms of structure!

Bully

Quote from: Money Shot on March 10, 2021, 07:20:04 PM

Mine also once you use the DPP links

Ashmore62

Quote from: Ringo on March 10, 2021, 07:17:57 PM
Nice team there not much to fault with it.  Perhaps just personal absence of Laird and Maybe Flynn over Treacy

Sit tight and wait for rookies.
Quote from: Bully on March 10, 2021, 07:25:44 PM

Quote from: Bully on March 10, 2021, 07:25:44 PM

Thanks for the feed back gents.. Bloody hard work but shedloads of fun. Bring on next week.

Samsturmfels

Nice team. Whats the appeal of Fullarton and Bergman on the field and ahead of players such as waterman and rowe? Also not sure if Durdin will be playing rd1?

Ashmore62

Def: Lloyd, Laird, Stewart , Short , Jones, Koschitzke . Subs: Briggs, Highmore.

Mids: Macrea, Petracca, Bont, Danger, Taranto, Heppell, Phillips, Bruhn.  Subs: Scott, Gulden, Downie.

Rucks: G & G Sub: Fullarton

Forwards:  Dusty, Ziebell, Daniher , Campbell , Bergman, Rowe, Subs: Treacy, Brockman.

Can't help myself.. Heppell option at M6 for Rowell. Adds extra depth across most lines.. Most punters have gone with Ziebell and JD which has some risk. Heppell will be off half back and if he averages 85-90 at M6 will be happy with that and cash generation.

HoleMeal

which Jones is that in your backline?