Ashmore's 2021 Journey.

Started by Ashmore62, December 24, 2020, 10:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabretooth Tigers

:)

Nice team Ash. If Cunnington comes back well it gives you 13 keepers including the top 2 rucks.   The only other worry is the amount of rookies you have on the field. But until selection night we don't know if that is a worry. Ryan in only 9% of teams, almost a POD. If you take byes into consideration your 13 keepers would be   2 / 5 /6  so might have to plan trades on a slight bias. Like it, cheers.

Ashmore62

Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on February 08, 2021, 01:31:39 PM

Nice team Ash. If Cunnington comes back well it gives you 13 keepers including the top 2 rucks.   The only other worry is the amount of rookies you have on the field. But until selection night we don't know if that is a worry. Ryan in only 9% of teams, almost a POD. If you take byes into consideration your 13 keepers would be   2 / 5 /6  so might have to plan trades on a slight bias. Like it, cheers.
Quote from: Ashmore62 on February 02, 2021, 05:20:07 PM
Def: Lloyd, Ryan, Williams, Jones, Bianco, R Thompson. Subs: Gould, Laurie.

Mids: Neale, Steele, Bonts, Rowell, Cunnington, Macrea, Cockatoo, C Dawkins. Subs: Stephens, Berry, Schofield.

Rucks: G & G Sub: Treacy

Forwards: Dunkley, Marshall, Dusty, Ziebell, Daniher, Bergmann. Subs: Rioli, Spicer.

Please rate.

Cheers ST. Was going to replace Ryan to Stewart.. Rookies are always a worry . Thankfully 30 odd days to sort out.  :) Am happy with current structure.

Ashmore62

Def: Lloyd, Stewart, Williams, Jones, Bianco, R Thompson. Subs: Gould, Laurie.

Mids: Neale, Bonts, Cripps, Rowell, Cunnington, Heppell, Macrea, Cockatoo, Subs: Stephens, Durdin, Schofield.

Forwards: Dunkley, Marshall, Dusty, Ziebell, Daniher, Bergmann. Subs: Clugg, Rowe.

Steele to Cripps, Ryan to Stewart allows Heppell at M6.Minor adjustments to rookies hoping to start. Keeps G & G in tact. 14 possible keepers.. My extra coin will be Ziebell to Hagen. Allows 70k for rookie adjustments. Is that to risky at M4 M5 M6??
Thoughts. :)

Money Shot

One of the stronger teams I’ve seen in my opinion.

If we have the luxury of starting 3 on field rookies down back this is a great side.

Ashmore62

Quote from: Money Shot on February 11, 2021, 09:16:14 PM
One of the stronger teams I’ve seen in my opinion.

If we have the luxury of starting 3 on field rookies down back this is a great side.

Cheers MS, appreciate your comments. It's just the rookies now. Hopefully we get it right.

Ashmore62

Def: Lloyd, Laird, Williams, Jones, Bianco, De Koning . Subs: Gould, Laurie.

Mids: Steele, Bonts, Cripps, Rowell, Cunnington, Heppell, Powell, Macrea, , Subs: Stephens, Cockatoo, Schofield.

Forwards: Dunkley, Marshall, Dusty, Ziebell, Daniher, Bergmann. Subs: Clugg, Rowe.

My back up squad if Neale's calf doesn't come up .Steele now obvious M1.  Can upgrade Stewart to Laird who will be playing most minutes in the mid field. And Powell to M7 is an almost certain lock..

Money Shot

Really like the team.

You planning on keeping Marshall even if he isn’t lining up round 1?

Also what are you contingencies for if you don’t get enough backline rookies come round 1?

Ashmore62

Quote from: Ashmore62 on February 17, 2021, 07:13:49 PM

Mids: Steele, Bonts, Cripps, Rowell, Cunnington, Heppell, Powell, Macrea, , Subs: Stephens, Cockatoo, Schofield.

Forwards: Sidebottom, Dusty, Zorko, Ziebell, Daniher, Bergmann. Subs: Clugg, Rowe.

My back up squad if Neale's calf doesn't come up .Steele now obvious M1.  Can upgrade Stewart to Laird who will be playing most minutes in the mid field. And Powell to M7 is an almost certain lock..
Quote from: Money Shot on February 18, 2021, 08:25:46 AM
Really like the team.

You planning on keeping Marshall even if he isn’t lining up round 1?

Also what are you contingencies for if you don’t get enough backline rookies come round 1?
Cheers MS.. never a dull moment. Dunkley to Sidebottom Marshall to Zorko.. pleased I went with G & G combo now. Looking to fit Barras at D4,could down grade Ziebell to Hagan if defence rookies don't come up.

Forwards: Sidebottom, Dusty, Zorko, Ziebell, Daniher, Bergmann. Subs: Clugg, Rowe.
Thoughts.

Money Shot

Not starting Neale is a massive risk in my opinion...

In saying that 13 keepers + Heppell, Ziebell and Daniher!

If Neale starts slow I reckon this is a great starting side!

Ashmore62

Quote from: Money Shot on February 18, 2021, 02:10:43 PM

Thanks MS, have slotted Fullarton in at F6 as DPP and insurance in Ruck. Fagan has been talking him up as a likely starter for Rnd1. Maybe Ringo can confirm that. Pretty sure Neale will get up but calves can linger for weeks.

Forwards: Sidebottom, Dusty, Zorko, Ziebell, Daniher, Fullarton . Subs: Clugg, Rowe.

Cheers.

Ringo

Quote from: Ashmore62 on February 18, 2021, 03:09:21 PM
Quote from: Money Shot on February 18, 2021, 02:10:43 PM

Thanks MS, have slotted Fullarton in at F6 as DPP and insurance in Ruck. Fagan has been talking him up as a likely starter for Rnd1. Maybe Ringo can confirm that. Pretty sure Neale will get up but calves can linger for weeks.

Forwards: Sidebottom, Dusty, Zorko, Ziebell, Daniher, Fullarton . Subs: Clugg, Rowe.

Cheers.
Neale is scheduled to start in the practice game against Suns.  If he does worth monitoring.  Calf injury has been kept reasonably quiet.

Regarding team I am not 100% sold on Zorko. Watch the practice games and preseason to see where he plays predominantly as reports from intra club have Rayner spending more time in mids. (Zorko and Neale have not played though).

Ashmore62

Back to more traditional squad.

Def: Lloyd, Laird, Williams, Milera, Jones, Gould . Subs: Wehr, Clugg.

Mids: Neale, Petracca, Bonts, Cripps, Rowell, Heppell, Powell, Cockatoo,  Subs: Valente, Durdin, Davies.

Forwards: Dunkley, Dusty, Ziebell, Daniher, Fullarton, Macrea. Subs: Laurie, Rowe.

Recon my best side.. 4k left. Thoughts.

Sabretooth Tigers

Nice one Ash but be a little weary of playing 5 rookies on field. That basically means you need at least 12 playing rookies selected for Rd.1 by the time you add your emergencies to those on field. Try saving an almost rookie free playing side somewhere so that you can easily work backward if the worst happens selection night. Then when most  are panicking you've already covered the problem. Cheers, and best of luck.

;)

Money Shot

Quote from: Ashmore62 on February 21, 2021, 09:27:33 PM
Back to more traditional squad.

Def: Lloyd, Laird, Williams, Milera, Jones, Gould . Subs: Wehr, Clugg.

Mids: Neale, Petracca, Bonts, Cripps, Rowell, Heppell, Powell, Cockatoo,  Subs: Valente, Durdin, Davies.

Forwards: Dunkley, Dusty, Ziebell, Daniher, Fullarton, Macrea. Subs: Laurie, Rowe.

Recon my best side.. 4k left. Thoughts.

Almost identical to mine.

Extremely balanced and if the rookies get up I think we will both do very well.

Petracca and Bont v Oliver and Danger are the two key differences...

Ringo

Nice Team ash but would reconsider Fullarton though as he will not play unless injury intervenes as hard to see him being used with Daniher, Hipwood and McStay up front.  Will more than likely be first called up though when injuries strike. Easy downgrade when date I say it injury to Ziebell or Daniher comes up based on their history.