2021 Player X vs. Player Y

Started by SilverLion, December 23, 2020, 12:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ingram

Time to offload Meek to Treacy pocket the 110K? Dropped to Peel Thunder might not get another crack for a while.

Thewizz71

Need to offload Danger.
Fyfe v Oliver v Walsh.
Thinking Oliver.
Uncertain about Fyfe going forward and whether or not Walsh can keep it up.

frenzy

Lachie Jones ruled out, source Herald sun webby. Will miss a month source Port webby.

Mat0369

Doc vs Bowes

I need one to bring in as an upgrade this week for Jordan Clark. Unfortunately I don't have the cash for a Rich/Ryan who I prefer.

RoughRed

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 23, 2021, 11:22:11 PM
Doc vs Bowes

I need one to bring in as an upgrade this week for Jordan Clark. Unfortunately I don't have the cash for a Rich/Ryan who I prefer.
IMO Docherty over Bowes ...
Not a lot of logic to it but i have seen Doc play live (in the past and last week) and think in a good side he is great, and in a bad side he is awesome
so ....

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 23, 2021, 11:22:11 PM
Doc vs Bowes

Bowes I worry about with the kick outs, don't think he's as polished as Lukosius & as the season progresses I reckon he'll see less of it.

Docherty has a monster game in him, he does it every year, his floor is also rock solid.

I prefer the other too as well but you can't win them all if cash is limited. Grabbing Doch should be good for 100+ however, that's ok for D6.

Mat0369

Quote from: RoughRed on April 23, 2021, 11:31:10 PM
IMO Docherty over Bowes ...
Not a lot of logic to it but i have seen Doc play live (in the past and last week) and think in a good side he is great, and in a bad side he is awesome
so ....

He had iffy disposal when he first came to Carlton but he really cleaned it up and became a dominant ball winner out of the back half that would launch our attacks from defence. I don't think teams will key on him the way they did last season but he has had a few shanks which has hurt his scoring. When you look at his numbers they aren't too dissimilar from 2016 when he averaged 108. The main difference is his tackling where he is averaging under 1 per game but that has a lot to do with our midfield putting zero pressure up the ground so the ball is moving around pretty cleanly inside 50.

Quote from: Bully on April 23, 2021, 11:31:26 PM
Bowes I worry about with the kick outs, don't think he's as polished as Lukosius & as the season progresses I reckon he'll see less of it.

Docherty has a monster game in him, he does it every year, his floor is also rock solid.

I prefer the other too as well but you can't win them all if cash is limited. Grabbing Doch should be good for 100+ however, that's ok for D6.

I currently have defenders 1, 2, 4 and 7 based on average. The other guys are Bowes (3), Rich (5) and Mills (6).

Bowes has slowed down after his big round 1 to average around 90 over the last 3. It's not great but it's serviceable and more than fine for a D6 option. The floor seems to be coming from the kickins.

Rich and Mills I can't afford and I'd be inclined to grab Ryan over both for the rest of the season.

Doc is averaging 105 over the last 3 which is 9th in that frame. Again probably good enough for D6 in the long run.

I also really like Houston but the knock could probably see him miss this week and he will bleed cash.

IntegralX

Discount Brayshaw vs Walsh? Is the 110k a factor, or take the top-10 lock in Walsh?

Bully

Quote from: IntegralX on April 29, 2021, 09:58:57 PM
Discount Brayshaw vs Walsh? Is the 110k a factor, or take the top-10 lock in Walsh?

I'd be aiming for a top 10 mid at this stage.

Fid

Quote from: Bully on April 29, 2021, 11:08:49 PM

I guess it depends on how many mid premos you have already. I have just traded in Brayshaw and he's my M6 atm

tommy10

Quote from: Fid on April 30, 2021, 06:49:52 AM

I guess it depends on how many mid premos you have already. I have just traded in Brayshaw and he's my M6 atm
Same thinking here. If I trade him for Gulden, he'll be my M6.

IntegralX

Quote from: Fid on April 30, 2021, 06:49:52 AM

He would be my M5, with Taranto at M6

frenzy

Clarry or Titchell and save $83k

Bully

Quote from: frenzy on May 03, 2021, 02:12:51 PM

Tough one, I'd probably take Clarry but depends on how you plan on using the 83k.

My dilemma this week is Brayshaw vs Titch vs Josh Kelly, reckon this order is about right.

Mat0369

Quote from: frenzy on May 03, 2021, 02:12:51 PM

Oliver. You want to be bringing in the guys you're certain are going to be in the top handful at this point. Oliver fits that and is probably worth the extra cash.