Previous topic - Next topic

tommy10

Quote from: Gavdroid on April 13, 2021, 09:07:05 PM
Quote from: Bully on April 13, 2021, 08:57:56 PM
Quote from: B. on April 13, 2021, 07:54:39 PM
Brining in a defender-
Ridley or
Mills/Short and use the 70/80k spare from them for future upgrades

Grab Ridley I think, looks to be a cut above.

X2
lock it in and throw away the key

Thewizz71

Need to offload Caleb.
Short or Bowes?
Both look very similar but Bowes that little bit cheaper. Thinking Bowes to be that little bit different.

Bully

Quote from: Thewizz71 on April 14, 2021, 07:31:39 PM
Need to offload Caleb.
Short or Bowes?
Both look very similar but Bowes that little bit cheaper. Thinking Bowes to be that little bit different.

Decent POD but Short the better disposal efficiency & I wonder when they will revert back to Lukosius who is in my opinion a better kick.

Ringo

Agree with the comment on Bowes and Luka being moved around is my concern with Bowes.

However this one Short v Houston.  Houston could be a pod and with Ports injuries may become even my relevant.  Against Shorts disposal efficiency. Thought Houlis return may effect him but did not appear to last week. What will happen when Vlastuin returns as well.

Thewizz71

Been on the Houston train before. What's changed?

Mat0369

Houston looks the goods this year. I actually preferred him playing HB as he was able to roam free and had kick in duties. He moved into the guts and killed it but the worry is they may use him as a run with player which kills his average.

Doc and Rich are the other two floating under the radar

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 15, 2021, 01:08:45 AM
Houston looks the goods this year. I actually preferred him playing HB as he was able to roam free and had kick in duties. He moved into the guts and killed it but the worry is they may use him as a run with player which kills his average.

Quite a few solid options, that's why Jiath might be too big a risk at this stage. Hurn at 410k is just about a lock for me, you know he will take 80% of the kick outs.

tkringle

Quote from: Bully on April 15, 2021, 08:14:18 AM

Quite a few solid options, that's why Jiath might be too big a risk at this stage. Hurn at 410k is just about a lock for me, you know he will take 80% of the kick outs.

But Hurn is out with a calf for 2-3 weeks..

Bully

Quote from: tkringle on April 15, 2021, 08:25:41 AM

This is obviously down the track (coach said 1-2 weeks), will hope my D6 holds out until then, priority is midfield for now.
Honestly can't remember another year where most of the mids have significantly dipped below their starting price. Titch at 550k & Neale at 520ks crazy at this point in the year.

tkringle

Quote from: Bully on April 15, 2021, 08:50:08 AM

This is obviously down the track (coach said 1-2 weeks), will hope my D6 holds out until then, priority is midfield for now.
Honestly can't remember another year where most of the mids have significantly dipped below their starting price. Titch at 550k & Neale at 520ks crazy at this point in the year.

Yeah AFL injury list now saying 2-3 weeks. With his age it could stretch out as well given it’s a calf.

Yep after this week I am going to focus on the midfield as well. Who the top 8 after Macrae, Oliver and Steele are is unclear though. Might Target Titch.

Bully

Quote from: tkringle on April 15, 2021, 11:23:05 AM
Quote from: Bully on April 15, 2021, 08:50:08 AM

Yeah AFL injury list now saying 2-3 weeks. With his age it could stretch out as well given it’s a calf.

Yep after this week I am going to focus on the midfield as well. Who the top 8 after Macrae, Oliver and Steele are is unclear though. Might Target Titch.

Titch probably my focus, I like a guaranteed 110 & a guy who rarely misses. After that I will probably roll the dice on Neale, by that stage a legit POD.

Mat0369

I have two parter

Steele vs Oliver vs Danger

I'm trading Daniel out and they're my three options. I feel Danger is due for a big one this week, is out of a lot of teams due to the suspension and could be an excellent POD.

Oliver could get the Worpel tag but has been great to start the year other than the GWS game.

Steele just keeps ticking along and is in 19% of teams. He could be a must have and I can comfortably get him in this week.

Part two

Jordon vs Daniher vs Campbell

I feel Campbell has more money to make once the 29 drops out of his rotation. He is the one I'm inclined to keep.

Daniher has stagnated but comes up against his old team that is struggling for KPD depth. A nice match up and could kick the cash gen off again

Jordon seems to be out of the rotation with Melksham back. 50% TOG is pretty bad and he has a 40ish BE. He was a bit of a wasted trade so far.

All my other rookies have negative BE's other than Kosi/Highmore and I can't swing them for Waterman anyway.

I can do my Danger/Oliver trade using just the one. If I grab Steele I'm just short so I would need to pull the trigger on part two tonight and can't wait and see

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 15, 2021, 01:47:34 PM
I have two parter

I'm trading Daniel out and they're my three options. I feel Danger is due for a big one this week, is out of a lot of teams due to the suspension and could be an excellent POD.

Oliver could get the Worpel tag but has been great to start the year other than the GWS game.

Steele just keeps ticking along and is in 19% of teams. He could be a must have and I can comfortably get him in this week.

Part two

I feel Campbell has more money to make once the 29 drops out of his rotation. He is the one I'm inclined to keep.

Daniher has stagnated but comes up against his old team that is struggling for KPD depth. A nice match up and could kick the cash gen off again

Jordon seems to be out of the rotation with Melksham back. 50% TOG is pretty bad and he has a 40ish BE. He was a bit of a wasted trade so far.

All my other rookies have negative BE's other than Kosi/Highmore and I can't swing them for Waterman anyway.

I can do my Danger/Oliver trade using just the one. If I grab Steele I'm just short so I would need to pull the trigger on part two tonight and can't wait and see

I was a little shocked at Steele's ownership, roughly on par with Clarry, thought he would be around 10%. I'd like him at some stage but not at 650k.

Danger has a high BE, I'd probably wait on that, could see him start deep forward until he gets his mojo back.

Clarry is basically averaging 130 once you take out the De Boer game, good price & despite a high BE I'd grab him while you can, the 130 ensures he will bounce straight back up.

As for the rookies, I'd probably punt Jordon, I would have done the same but I needed the extra cash from Daniher. I reckon 50% game time indicates he's on the cusp of getting dropped.

tommy10

Quote from: Bully on April 15, 2021, 02:09:13 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on April 15, 2021, 01:47:34 PM
I have two parter

Part two

I was a little shocked at Steele's ownership, roughly on par with Clarry, thought he would be around 10%. I'd like him at some stage but not at 650k.

Hopefully he has a couple of quiet games including tonight. Would love to get him under 600k.

Mat0369

Quote from: Bully on April 15, 2021, 02:09:13 PM

Danger has a high BE, I'd probably wait on that, could see him start deep forward until he gets his mojo back.

Clarry is basically averaging 130 once you take out the De Boer game, good price & despite a high BE I'd grab him while you can, the 130 ensures he will bounce straight back up.

As for the rookies, I'd probably punt Jordon, I would have done the same but I needed the extra cash from Daniher. I reckon 50% game time indicates he's on the cusp of getting dropped.

Not stressed with Danger's BE as he has only played 1 game. He should slot back into the midfield this week although I saw Cameron is missing so he could spend extra time forward. If he smashes North this week (which he should) that number comes down anyway for his price rise. He also had the most CB's for the Cats in that game against the Crows so while playing a lot of forward he still had that time in the midfield.

Worpel could go to Oliver this week the same way he did to Brayshaw last week. You're probably right that Steele is too expensive but I am shocked he is in under 20% of teams. I should still be able to grab Oliver this week and Danger in a fortnight.

I'm also thinking Jordon is the weakest link. Unfortunately I'll have to pop Campbell on my mid bench this week.