2021 Player X vs. Player Y

Started by SilverLion, December 23, 2020, 12:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

He was referring to Harrison Jones not Lachie I believe.

jfitty

Quote from: Bully on March 19, 2021, 06:24:18 PM
Quote from: jfitty on March 19, 2021, 06:12:36 PM
How about Fullerton vs Jones?

Bergman over both if he gets named, but feeling that he won't

Also Butts vs Cox? (hehe)

Fullerton has a bit more breathing space, minimum 2 price rises I think. No expert on strained medials but McStay won't be doing a hell of a lot of running for a couple of weeks.

Port boys are tricky, Hartlett comes back too. I reckon you would have to bench them with a view they will be in and out.

Thanks lads!

Harry Jones is the one I meant - feel he could be a slow burn, but possibly staying in the team longer than Fullerton will?

Bully

Quote from: jfitty on March 19, 2021, 06:34:08 PM
Quote from: Bully on March 19, 2021, 06:24:18 PM
Quote from: jfitty on March 19, 2021, 06:12:36 PM
How about Fullerton vs Jones?

Bergman over both if he gets named, but feeling that he won't

Also Butts vs Cox? (hehe)

Fullerton has a bit more breathing space, minimum 2 price rises I think. No expert on strained medials but McStay won't be doing a hell of a lot of running for a couple of weeks.

Port boys are tricky, Hartlett comes back too. I reckon you would have to bench them with a view they will be in and out.

Thanks lads!

Harry Jones is the one I meant - feel he could be a slow burn, but possibly staying in the team longer than Fullerton will?

Honestly don't have much of a clue where Essendon is concerned. If they are in rebuild mode then he probably gets a decent run, having an interrupted first year not great however, especially with fewer rotations. Slow burn absolutely, probably need 8 games.

Wanderer

Now with Downie not playing:

Sharp (Def/Mid) vs Berry (Mid)?

smashbox

hawkers65

Quote from: Wanderer on March 19, 2021, 07:51:12 PM

Berry

In 5k short on Stewart which is tragic so

Houston or McDonald? Always liked both as POD's I just didn't have the stones when I could afford Stewart.

Wanderer

Quote from: hawkers65 on March 19, 2021, 07:58:44 PM

Berry

In 5k short on Stewart which is tragic so

Houston or McDonald? Always liked both as POD's I just didn't have the stones when I could afford Stewart.

I have McDonald FWIW. I watched him play the pre-season game and apart from not doing much in first qtr, he started doing what he did last year and racking up possessions in the last 3 qtrs. That's all I needed to see. Yes, his score was low due to poor disposal efficiency, but his role seems to be the same. Walsh had a low score in preseason game due to poor disposal efficiency but got a lot of it, so I think McDonald will do the same as Walsh did when the real stuff starts. McDonald was a massive POD for me last year and I'm backing him in again. I am not worried about Ziebel impacting him.

Wanderer

Quote from: smashbox on March 19, 2021, 07:58:38 PM
Fyfe vs Mitchell vs Kelly
Mitchell only because he is way more durable and seems the safest pick.

Bully

Sharp given the shortage of rookie defenders, he's a steeple chaser which I also like.

smashbox

Hazza09

Scott as a Emergency or Rowe / Berry?

tommy10

SilverLion

Mat0369

RoughRed

Neale + Daniher + $50.2K
v
Oliver + Caldwell

Neale gives another captain/vice captain option to match up with Gawn!