Bully

Quote from: Maca24 on March 19, 2021, 12:55:51 AM
Quote from: tommy10 on March 18, 2021, 08:26:24 PM
Lloyd & Dow vs Short/Doch & Phillips
Short + Phillips

Dunkley, Bontempelli, H.Young
Vs
Rowell, De Goey, C.Daniel

Top, Daniel I like but Rowell has only 5 games to his name & is coming back from injury. Bont looks in ripping form & Dogs have quite a few winnable games coming up.

Mat0369

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on March 17, 2021, 06:43:14 PM
You do realise they don’t just go off when there tired? They go off when the coaches tell them to with rotations...

Yes I do. But you also realise that the rotations are mostly predetermined and based off what the sports scientists say to get the maximum value out of guys? They will spend longer stints on the bench to get their breath back or they will rotate heavily to try and keep them fresh. Hence why you get guys going off the ground after they have kicked a goal. A perfect example of this is Nic Nat. They'll run him under 70% TOG because he is fresher and has a larger impact.

Quote from: bkimm32 on March 18, 2021, 10:16:05 AM
Steele has struggled with his tank in previous seasons...?

Lol what

It was a common complaint by guys that had him in their team. I actually found the numbers by season. 2017 he averaged 75.6%, 2018 he averaged 79.3%, 2019 it was 84.35 and 2020 it was 85.47. The 2019 percentage is actually a lot better than I originally thought it would be.

Quote from: bkimm32 on March 18, 2021, 10:20:08 AM
Wait.....

Did you really just say Jack Steele is going to struggle with running out full length games but CHRISTIAN PETRACCA will benefit from them???

Dude, you should not give fantasy advice lmao

No, I said Jack Steele has struggled to run out full length games in the past. The shorter length games would have helped these burst players that don't have elite endurance as they're on longer in the shorter form and can in turn get a larger percentage of the points than they would have in the past. Someone like Lachie Neale will still see 90% TOG, as will Christian Petracca as he will rest forward rather than on the bench like Dusty did tonight. Trac also improved his endurance running tenfold last offseason and it was visible from the get go and it allowed him to play majority midfield which he wasn't capable of in the past. Jack Macrae played 85% game time last year and will probably play 85% this year. That's a possible extra 13 minutes of game time he will be on for this year. In an extra 13 minutes per game I think Macrae could see a spike.

Quote from: bkimm32 on March 18, 2021, 10:29:52 AM
Lol I don’t think this guy he ever played football before

And he’s crazy if he thinks Jack Steele isn’t going to spend 75% game time in the centre square this season with 10-15+% resting forward with as little time as possible rotating on the bench, being the captain and all this season, they will want his leadership on field as much as possible.

I mean will Steele score more than Petracca and Oliver? I’m not sure, maybe, maybe not... but fitness, aerobic capacity, TOG etc will not play a factor in that at all.

And either way 85% to 84.5% TOG or whatever numbers Mat gave is so marginal that it’s not even close being a determining factor when choosing premiums anyway....

Again, you're looking at this completely wrong. My argument is that if a guy was running at 78% game time and suddenly jumped up to 85% with the shorter quarters I'd like to see him perform at a high level when the game has stretched out to full length again if I'm spending 658k. The numbers will be inflated for these players and jumping from 95 to 122 could be because of this. The positive for Steele is he was running out 85% of the full length games the previous year so he may be a chance to maintain that average but I likely see him dropping back. Oliver has had 3 seasons around the 110 mark so there is less risk in picking him because you know you'll likely get at least that.

Qwerty7698

Mat0369

Jones will probably get a better run and is a little cheaper

SilverLion

Quote from: SilverLion on March 18, 2021, 12:28:52 PM
Quote from: SilverLion on March 17, 2021, 05:54:02 PM
Caldwell + Ziebell vs. Campbell + Bailey

Also:

P Hunter + 1 of Gulden/Berry/Downie/Brockman/Powell

vs.

Meek + McNeil instead of one of Gulden/Berry/Downie/Brockman/Powell

Mat0369

I'd rather go Campbell and Ziebell even though that's not a choice.

I'd also take Hunter and Powell or Gulden

SilverLion

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 19, 2021, 01:26:55 PM
I'd rather go Campbell and Ziebell even though that's not a choice.

I'd also take Hunter and Powell or Gulden
ty

Yeah I've got all those rookies listed, would just need to 'downgrade' one to McNeil to go Hunter up to Meek.

Didn't wanna go both Campbell+Ziebell as I've already got Daniher+Impey :P

Mat0369

I feel the cash gen opportunity is too good to pass up with both those guys. Ziebell could also turn into a F6/F7 keeper. I'm trying to pick the guys that I think will make me the most cash as quickly as possible and I think Campbell and Ziebell fit that category

Wanderer

ants

This one is doing my head in.
Macrae, Rowell, Flynn, harrison Jones, and Mcneil
vs
Gawn, Daniher, B Campbell, powell and warner
so 1 prem and better rookies vs 2 prem

ants

Wanderer

Quote from: ants on March 19, 2021, 03:05:03 PM
This one is doing my head in.
Macrae, Rowell, Flynn, harrison Jones, and Mcneil
vs
Gawn, Daniher, B Campbell, powell and warner
so 1 prem and better rookies vs 2 prem
I would feel more comfortable with the Gawn option. If you still have Flynn on your bench under the Gawn option, then the rookies seem to be a lot more solid than the Macrae option. I think Daniher, Campbell, Powell are must haves, Warner right up there, and Flynn of course. You have to also consider what if Rowell doesn't become a top 10 keeper. You also have to find the cash later on to get Gawn into your side if he dominates like we expect him to.

jfitty

How about Fullerton vs Jones?

Bergman over both if he gets named, but feeling that he won't

Also Butts vs Cox? (hehe)

Mat0369

Butts down back. Had him in my team but I worry once Doedee is back if his role changes.

I'd probably take Jones because if you're going the slow burn option you may as well get one with longer term job security

Bully

Quote from: jfitty on March 19, 2021, 06:12:36 PM
How about Fullerton vs Jones?

Bergman over both if he gets named, but feeling that he won't

Also Butts vs Cox? (hehe)

Fullerton has a bit more breathing space, minimum 2 price rises I think. No expert on strained medials but McStay won't be doing a hell of a lot of running for a couple of weeks.

Port boys are tricky, Hartlett comes back too. I reckon you would have to bench them with a view they will be in and out.