2021 Player X vs. Player Y

Started by SilverLion, December 23, 2020, 12:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billnats

Quote from: smashbox on March 17, 2021, 08:29:26 AM
Dan Houston vs Duggan
Tom Mitchell & Toby Greene vs Taranto & Dunkley
Duggan - only because Houston burnt me last year.
Taranto/Dunkley without hesitation

billnats

A) Laird, Rowell, Forward Rookie @ F4
B) Duggan, Fyfe, Forward Rookie
C) Laird, Tyson, Phillips

RoughRed

Dan Houston vs Duggan
My personal preference would be Duggan but imo no desernable difference between the two
Dunkley and Taranto for me. I question both TMitchell and TGreene capacity to play a full season.

Mat0369

Dan Houston vs Duggan

Houston for the first one

Second one is tough, I think the Mitchell/Greene combo could be a difference maker, I just don't trust Greene to stay on the park and we don't know how Mitchell will go after the off-season surgery. I'd probably lean towards option 2

Mat0369

Quote from: billnats on March 17, 2021, 08:51:58 AM
A) Laird, Rowell, Forward Rookie @ F4
B) Duggan, Fyfe, Forward Rookie
C) Laird, Tyson, Phillips

Probably option a. Laird is a much better than Duggan. Phillips doesn't move the needle for me. Fyfe I like over Rowell, but not enough to end up with Duggan instead of Laird.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 16, 2021, 11:37:14 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on March 16, 2021, 11:25:36 PM
Or maybe he just raised his game to a new level last year.

Possible, but guys like Neale and Trac would be in the 90's while Steele is probably looking at 85% at best. With the games extending out I'd want to see how his tank goes back at the longer quarters before forking out 658k for him

So your saying petracca has a better tank then steele? Anything to back this up?

barlowlove

Samsturmfels

Mat0369

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on March 17, 2021, 11:45:33 AM
So your saying petracca has a better tank then steele? Anything to back this up?

Trac played 90.1% TOG last year. It was 4th in the AFL behind Gaff, Neale and Langdon. He looked in peak condition last year running both offensively and defensively and that's a large reason his points spiked. He probably rested forward more than what Steele did, but Trac was a machine last year.

I was shocked to see Steele up to 85.4 which was higher than Cripps, Macrae and Danger (all 85.1%).

I just had a quick scan over Steele's 2019 and there are a lot of 75-80% TOG through the middle of the season, but he actually started the season quite high which I found surprising looking at the numbers. In the last portion he pushes that up to 85-90% which is ideal for a gun mid.

Hazza09

Can’t make my mind up with the following players, one day out and starting to panic.

Murray ( or a equivalent D8 ), Taranto, Briggs, Waterman
Vs
J Clark, Ziebell, J Jordon ( or a equivalent M10 ), Warner

I could change Warner to Fullarton who I’m starting to warm too.
Even though I rate Taranto I need to bring in a D5 as I’m starting to get the feeling that L Jones might not get selected.

Mat0369

Option 1 gives you a potential keeper but zero cash gen. Option 2 I feel gives you more cash gen and a couple of guys that will be decent stepping stones. I would go with option 2.

tommy10

Quote from: Hazza09 on March 17, 2021, 03:35:39 PM
Can’t make my mind up with the following players, one day out and starting to panic.

Murray ( or a equivalent D8 ), Taranto, Briggs, Waterman
Vs
J Clark, Ziebell, J Jordon ( or a equivalent M10 ), Warner

I could change Warner to Fullarton who I’m starting to warm too.
Even though I rate Taranto I need to bring in a D5 as I’m starting to get the feeling that L Jones might not get selected.
Option 2 - if Warner doesn't play then you could downgrade him. It'll be interesting to see if Waterman is named....only played a quarter I think in the AAMI game, so not very confident on him. You can pick up Briggs as a fwd too (depending on your backs).

Hazza09

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 17, 2021, 03:37:27 PM
Option 1 gives you a potential keeper but zero cash gen. Option 2 I feel gives you more cash gen and a couple of guys that will be decent stepping stones. I would go with option 2.

Yes I agree, replacing Taranto basically with Ziebell and improving my rookies.
I don’t really like the idea of it but with limited defensive rookies I’ve had to go Llyod, Laird, Daniel, Short and now J Clark.
Just can’t see how it’s going to be possibly to go with a D5 and D6 defensive positions with rookies.

I could replace Taranto with Rowell, but I love Rowell’s game for SC over Taranto’s.

The other option was to go Dusty to Dunkley but I just can’t make my mind up on that one too.

RoughRed

Grundy + Walsh + $15k
Vs
Neale + Draper + $106k

Mat0369

Quote from: Hazza09 on March 17, 2021, 03:56:09 PM
Yes I agree, replacing Taranto basically with Ziebell and improving my rookies.
I don’t really like the idea of it but with limited defensive rookies I’ve had to go Llyod, Laird, Daniel, Short and now J Clark.
Just can’t see how it’s going to be possibly to go with a D5 and D6 defensive positions with rookies.

I could replace Taranto with Rowell, but I love Rowell’s game for SC over Taranto’s.

The other option was to go Dusty to Dunkley but I just can’t make my mind up on that one too.

I'm personally taking Taranto. A lot of guys tend to break out in year 5 (which Taranto is coming into his 5th season now) and last year was a bit of a wash with the injury. The season before that he won a best and fairest in a team that made the GF before going huge on the big stage. Rowell should be clear of his injury but we have no idea how he will adjust to the tag since the one game he did get tagged he busted his shoulder instantly.

Quote from: RoughRed on March 17, 2021, 04:23:46 PM
Grundy + Walsh + $15k
Vs
Neale + Draper + $106k

I don't like the Draper pick. You need him to average 95-100 to be a decent stepping stone in the ruck. I feel Grundy and Walsh at least gives you two keepers.