2021 Player X vs. Player Y

Started by SilverLion, December 23, 2020, 12:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on March 13, 2021, 05:28:43 PM
Quote from: Bully on March 13, 2021, 02:21:42 PM
Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on March 13, 2021, 02:14:35 PM
:)

I 'd go Clark and Dunkley. Joe's highest score for the last 3 seasons is 103, Clark is young, keen and developing and in my opinion has a far higher ceiling than Daniher. Job security is seen by many as Clark draw back, yet he stayed at Geelong rather than transfer when other teams showed interest in getting him. Dunkley and Daniel both good players, but also IMO Dunkley with the higher ceiling. After all it is about scoring the most points isn't it.

:o

Reasonable argument but no sideways available if Clark gets dropped. Will cost you 2 trades to fix defence if no other rooks get the call up. Also worth bearing in mind that Clark will be playing wing where the competition is intense.

All good points Bully. But I'm keeping the Clark faith. As far as sideways is concerned I have enough ready $'s to go up to Hayden Young. Was planning long term keeping Clark as a Def/Mid emergency. Early days, reckon most of us still have several team changes we'll try out before the first bounce. Cheers and best of luck mate. Go Tiges !!!!

Contingency plan good, only 1 trade to fix. Best of luck & enjoy the unfurling of two flags.

Ringo

Quote from: dmac07 on March 13, 2021, 05:39:25 PM
Which 2 of? Can afford any combo except Ziebell & Tyson.

Ziebell, Tyson, Dow, Daniher, Impey.
Zeibell and Daniher for me. Seems to be the most popular at the moment.

billnats

A) Williams & Dunkley
B) Stewart & Butters
C) Laird & Phillips

Bully

Quote from: billnats on March 14, 2021, 11:49:57 AM
A) Williams & Dunkley
B) Stewart & Butters
C) Laird & Phillips

Option A if you are willing to cop a rookie score round 1
Option C if you want to go with a full deck

billnats

Quote from: Bully on March 14, 2021, 12:08:04 PM
A) Williams & Dunkley
B) Stewart & Butters
C) Laird & Phillips
Option A if you are willing to cop a rookie score round 1
Option C if you want to go with a full deck

Williams can also be Duggan to avoid the rookie score R1 but think Williams is the better long term option of the two.

shaker

A) Williams & Dunkley
B) Stewart & Butters
C) Laird & Phillips
For me it can't be A need a good start to the season and points are gold so I would go B Stewart reliable and Butters is really proving he can score well.
P:S just reading your post above Duggan and Dunkley , Duggan pumped out some good scores in latter part of last season.

Woppa15

Duggan vs Williams vs Witherden vs Docherty

Trying to find some value to make my $$$ stretch further, I’m short of filling a few rookie spots and suspect I’m too top heavy.

Bully

Quote from: Woppa15 on March 14, 2021, 04:58:45 PM

Trying to find some value to make my $$$ stretch further, I’m short of filling a few rookie spots and suspect I’m too top heavy.

Docherty

Fid

Quote from: Bully on March 14, 2021, 05:02:19 PM
Quote from: Woppa15 on March 14, 2021, 04:58:45 PM

Docherty

+1

Samsturmfels

Lloyd + Rowell vs Daniel + Merrett

shaker

Samsturmfels

Quote from: shaker on March 14, 2021, 06:20:28 PM
Quote from: Samsturmfels on March 14, 2021, 06:12:18 PM
Easy one Daniel  + Merrett

thanks mate. For me i am still struggling to decide

DM scored on average 217.1 vs 224.6 LR. However Lloyd may be potential slightly overpriced and Rowell could potential be under-priced (but also overpriced).

Bully

Quote from: Samsturmfels on March 14, 2021, 06:27:51 PM

DM scored on average 217.1 vs 224.6 LR. However Lloyd may be potential slightly overpriced and Rowell could potential be under-priced (but also overpriced).

Lloyd & Merrett more chance to be keepers so there's that to consider.

As far as Neale goes, it all depends on how he starts, think he's 120 this year although I may be wrong. Risky leaving him out of course, but I think the Brisbane mids such as Berry & McCluggage will start to get a bigger slice of the pie.

Woppa15

Quote from: Bully on March 14, 2021, 07:03:54 PM
Quote from: Samsturmfels on March 14, 2021, 06:27:51 PM

Lloyd & Merrett more chance to be keepers so there's that to consider.

As far as Neale goes, it all depends on how he starts, think he's 120 this year although I may be wrong. Risky leaving him out of course, but I think the Brisbane mids such as Berry & McCluggage will start to get a bigger slice of the pie.

Just on that Neale comment Bully, is 120 enough to start him do you think? Or hope for a slow start and perhaps first upgrade?

Mat0369

If you don't start Neale, how do you plan on bringing him in? If he scores his average against each team leading up to the bye he won't drop under 600k using the Tooserious salary calculator. So if you plan on bringing him in early how do you plan on doing it? It's near impossible unless you're culling underperforming premiums and if you are it's a waste of a trade.