2021 Player X vs. Player Y

Started by SilverLion, December 23, 2020, 12:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

Quote from: Money Shot on March 12, 2021, 08:12:03 AM
Clark/Dunkley v Daniel/Daniher

Daniel/Daniher for me, not sold on Clark's JS, think you need a back-up plan if you go down this route

Sabretooth Tigers

:)

I 'd go Clark and Dunkley. Joe's highest score for the last 3 seasons is 103, Clark is young, keen and developing and in my opinion has a far higher ceiling than Daniher. Job security is seen by many as Clark draw back, yet he stayed at Geelong rather than transfer when other teams showed interest in getting him. Dunkley and Daniel both good players, but also IMO Dunkley with the higher ceiling. After all it is about scoring the most points isn't it.

:o

Bully

Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on March 13, 2021, 02:14:35 PM

I 'd go Clark and Dunkley. Joe's highest score for the last 3 seasons is 103, Clark is young, keen and developing and in my opinion has a far higher ceiling than Daniher. Job security is seen by many as Clark draw back, yet he stayed at Geelong rather than transfer when other teams showed interest in getting him. Dunkley and Daniel both good players, but also IMO Dunkley with the higher ceiling. After all it is about scoring the most points isn't it.

Reasonable argument but no sideways available if Clark gets dropped. Will cost you 2 trades to fix defence if no other rooks get the call up. Also worth bearing in mind that Clark will be playing wing where the competition is intense.

Bully

Another point re. Daniher is he'll be getting top notch supply, can see him going at 85 for the season. In his AA year he had 20 scores over 70, be tough to get this consistency with Clark (even if he holds his spot).

shaker

Quote from: Bully on March 13, 2021, 02:32:49 PM
Another point re. Daniher is he'll be getting top notch supply, can see him going at 85 for the season. In his AA year he had 20 scores over 70, be tough to get this consistency with Clark (even if he holds his spot).
I'm picking Clark he stayed at the Cats for a reason and was everywhere in the last match , Daniher not a bad pick but he is a stand alone fwd. and they always throw garbage scores if the defenders are good and stops them scoring plus he has been injured for ever it seems.

Mat0369

Ridley vs Daniel vs Mills vs Doc

shaker

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 13, 2021, 03:05:55 PM
Ridley vs Daniel vs Mills vs Doc
Daniel Ridley Mills Doc in that order for me.

Bully

Bully

Quote from: shaker on March 13, 2021, 02:52:12 PM
Quote from: Bully on March 13, 2021, 02:32:49 PM
I'm picking Clark he stayed at the Cats for a reason and was everywhere in the last match , Daniher not a bad pick but he is a stand alone fwd. and they always throw garbage scores if the defenders are good and stops them scoring plus he has been injured for ever it seems.

Scott has been cagey about Clark, I reckon it will be a week to week proposition.

Ringo

Mat0369

Cripps. One is a proven 110+ scorer that will be in the majority of CB's. The other we have a small sample size and is coming off a long term injury with no idea how he will handle a tag.

Bully

Quote from: Ringo on March 13, 2021, 05:16:40 PM
Cripps V Rowell

Cripps - proven he can easily get to 115, needs some support in the midfield but Williams probably gets the hard tag.

Rowell - second year player coming back from shoulder surgery, has hardly been tested away from home, shortened quarters also helping his cause. Think the expectations on this guy are a tad bit high. Also a chance he gets managed, shoulders can be lingering concerns.

Ringo

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 13, 2021, 05:22:04 PM
Cripps. One is a proven 110+ scorer that will be in the majority of CB's. The other we have a small sample size and is coming off a long term injury with no idea how he will handle a tag.
Thanks Guys - My thinking as well but just wondering how far behind I may be if Rowell comes out firing.

Sabretooth Tigers

Quote from: Bully on March 13, 2021, 02:21:42 PM
Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on March 13, 2021, 02:14:35 PM

Reasonable argument but no sideways available if Clark gets dropped. Will cost you 2 trades to fix defence if no other rooks get the call up. Also worth bearing in mind that Clark will be playing wing where the competition is intense.

All good points Bully. But I'm keeping the Clark faith. As far as sideways is concerned I have enough ready $'s to go up to Hayden Young. Was planning long term keeping Clark as a Def/Mid emergency. Early days, reckon most of us still have several team changes we'll try out before the first bounce. Cheers and best of luck mate. Go Tiges !!!!

dmac07

Which 2 of? Can afford any combo except Ziebell & Tyson.

Ziebell, Tyson, Dow, Daniher, Impey.