2021 Player X vs. Player Y

Started by SilverLion, December 23, 2020, 12:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverLion

<Insert Player X vs. Y Questions for the 2021 season here>

crowls

Reasons for one or the other:
Cash - Laird $564K v Z Williams $458K     save 106K
Score history - L4Y  105.1,96.8,108.3,100.2  v 85.4,101.6,-,93.9    Laird more consistent

Laird is my first choice with Williams with the go to if I need to find cash.   Williams has more potential upside, assuming playing mid at Carlton.   

crowls

Jy Simpkin v Cripps v Walsh for M5

Simpkin has shown he is capable of scores over 120+  is 22 yrs old and ready to step up to prem mid status. (110+ EOY avg).  Faded away in 2nd half of the year.  Another preseason and primed to improve again.

Cripps is underpriced for what he is capable of and maybe with Williams and Walsh to help he might be more consistent.    Walsh is a great footballer still 20yrs of age.   More upside potential with Simpkin is my thought.   What are your thoughts?

Peter

Simpkin not a top SC player IMO and also plays for NM (big handicap). Have tossed up the other two and leant with Cripps due to ceiling and slight cash saving

SilverLion

Quote from: crowls on January 06, 2021, 06:20:19 PM
Reasons for one or the other:
Cash - Laird $564K v Z Williams $458K     save 106K
Score history - L4Y  105.1,96.8,108.3,100.2  v 85.4,101.6,-,93.9    Laird more consistent

Laird is my first choice with Williams with the go to if I need to find cash.   Williams has more potential upside, assuming playing mid at Carlton.   
I'm likely picking both. I'd go Laird in preference if I was only picking one.

Quote from: crowls on January 06, 2021, 06:33:37 PM
Jy Simpkin v Cripps v Walsh for M5

Simpkin has shown he is capable of scores over 120+  is 22 yrs old and ready to step up to prem mid status. (110+ EOY avg).  Faded away in 2nd half of the year.  Another preseason and primed to improve again.

Cripps is underpriced for what he is capable of and maybe with Williams and Walsh to help he might be more consistent.    Walsh is a great footballer still 20yrs of age.   More upside potential with Simpkin is my thought.   What are your thoughts?
None of them. I'd go Rowell or Taranto instead.

Sabretooth Tigers

::)

J Caldwell  V  J Hately

This one is doing my head in Both ave 64 last season. One played 6 games, one played 9, Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Purely on scoring alone please.  Cheers pete.

:-\

JBs-Hawks

Peter

Agree. Hately, if you have to as better chance of some sort of increase as No  3 or 4 midfielder. Caldwell most likely behind Merrett, Shiel, McGrath, Langford, maybe Heppell

crowls

Hately,  based on getting more game and mid time.    Personally I would rather see heppel at BF and Caldwell in the middle for Essendon

Sabretooth Tigers

Sabretooth Tigers

Close in price, but which is the best option ??

I Heeney $454,500   V   J De Goey $435,200 

Money Shot

Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on January 28, 2021, 01:22:46 PM

Close in price, but which is the best option ??

I Heeney $454,500   V   J De Goey $435,200 

Didn’t realise De Goey was so cheap!!!

Heeney seems like the safer option though and definitely has the runs on the board!

enzedder

DeGoey is an impact player but not good for SC as he is too inconsistent.

crowls

De Goey is the new Stringer.   Hard to see him being a consistent scorer.

sidvicious