2021 Rookies

Started by SilverLion, December 23, 2020, 12:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverLion

<Insert General Rookie Questions/Discussion for the 2021 season here>

crowls

Does anyone have a list of mature age rookies for 2021?

hawkers65

You can lock in Connor Downie as a 117k starting mid rookie. He was seriously impressive today.

Impey also did enough for me to warrant taking him as an expensive rookie at 210k. His JS is rock solid and he spent the entire game as the bounce of half back so has a SC friendly role.

shaker

Quote from: hawkers65 on February 24, 2021, 03:00:08 PM
You can lock in Connor Downie as a 117k starting mid rookie. He was seriously impressive today.

Impey also did enough for me to warrant taking him as an expensive rookie at 210k. His JS is rock solid and he spent the entire game as the bounce of half back so has a SC friendly role.

Yep also watched it Impey a bargain Downie certainly put his hand and looks a lock but have been playing to long to assume he plays R1.

Ringo

Quote from: crowls on December 23, 2020, 10:56:52 AM
Does anyone have a list of mature age rookies for 2021?
Here are who I have identified over 18:
James Rowe - Crows - Forward
Tom Highmore - Saints - Back
Jacob Wehr - Giants - Back
Luke Parks - Blues
Lachlan McNeil = Dogs - Mid
Samson Ryah - Tigers - Ruck
Beau McCreery - Pies- Fwd/Mid

Money Shot

Quote from: shaker on February 24, 2021, 03:12:59 PM

Yep also watched it Impey a bargain Downie certainly put his hand and looks a lock but have been playing to long to assume he plays R1.
Where do you guys see Impey averaging around?

I’m very tempted...

hawkers65

Quote from: Money Shot on February 24, 2021, 03:51:52 PM

Where do you guys see Impey averaging around?

I’m very tempted...

Before his injury, Impey was in BnF form for us off half back. Including a 10 game stretch of 84, 99, 86, 82, 82, 58, 98, 75, 117 and 90 for an average of 87. So it's not like he's unproven. I see him averaging at least 75 with him having the security of being picked every week if fit.

bowyanger

Most times, and teams,  I would agree with this but the Hawks had a few retirements and have a few injuries, Isaac Smith left...their starting 22 will have a bunch of new faces this year

Lets see who I can think of that wont be Rd1 but played last year in the starting 22...

Poppy, Patton, Gunston, Sicily, Smith , Stratton, Wingard, Frawley, Henderson & Scully

If Downie doesnt start Rd 1 then Ill eat my hat, the Hawks will be scraping together a team when the season starts...
I expect Kosi to  play a few & Moore to play on the wing a bit.
Greaves & CJ to feature often and Phillips on  the other wing.
McGuiness to be unleashed
That still leaves 3 holes to fill if Grainger Barrass gets blooded early

Not a rookie but on a side note....
Worpel getting coached by one of the best midfielders the club has seen (Sam Mitchell),  I expect Worps to improve again and if not become elite - then be very close to it
Everyone is into Zerrett in a year where his contract most definately maybe a distraction.....Im going with Worpel instead - IMO -  better value, less risk, greater potential for PPG increase which is what SC is all about

crowls

Quote from: bowyanger on February 24, 2021, 05:54:31 PM

Most times, and teams,  I would agree with this but the Hawks had a few retirements and have a few injuries, Isaac Smith left...their starting 22 will have a bunch of new faces this year

Lets see who I can think of that wont be Rd1 but played last year in the starting 22...

Poppy, Patton, Gunston, Sicily, Smith , Stratton, Wingard, Frawley, Henderson & Scully

If Downie doesnt start Rd 1 then Ill eat my hat, the Hawks will be scraping together a team when the season starts...

Worpel getting coached by one of the best midfielders the club has seen (Sam Mitchell),  I expect Worps to improve again and if not become elite - then be very close to it
Everyone is into Zerrett in a year where his contract most definately maybe a distraction.....Im going with Worpel instead - IMO -  better value, less risk, greater potential for PPG increase which is what SC is all about

Good feedback Bowyanger - thanks.  Thought Worpel might have developed more last year, and definitely see the opportunity for ppg growth this year.   Whether he is worth the risk maybe,  for me would be Rowell v Worpel at M5.  I am not as convinced as many on Rowell. Really still a first year player and expect his consistency to be suspect over a full year.  However given what he has demonstrated he may be the one in 100 year player to pull it off. 

bowyanger

Quote from: crowls on February 25, 2021, 10:08:49 AM
Quote from: bowyanger on February 24, 2021, 05:54:31 PM

Good feedback Bowyanger - thanks.  Thought Worpel might have developed more last year, and definitely see the opportunity for ppg growth this year.   Whether he is worth the risk maybe,  for me would be Rowell v Worpel at M5.  I am not as convinced as many on Rowell. Really still a first year player and expect his consistency to be suspect over a full year.  However given what he has demonstrated he may be the one in 100 year player to pull it off.

Worps or Rowell...flip a coin really

Gotta remember, Worpel hasnt played 50 games yet

JBs-Hawks

Pay abit more and get Cripps or Walsh

crowls

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on February 25, 2021, 02:57:53 PM
Pay abit more and get Cripps or Walsh
Probably the best approach and downgrade only if cash poor.      JB - Q without notice - total points for year -  Cripps or Walsh.   

JBs-Hawks

Fid

I watched the Nth V Saints pratice match on line today and Charlie Lazzaro (Nth) looked lively

shaker

Oliver Henry looking like the only Pie rookie in with a chance for a R1 start and Cockatoo looks no chance still battling a hamstring.