2021 Rookies

Started by SilverLion, December 23, 2020, 12:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colley Dogs

I think Hayden Young’s an excellent solution for D6 imo (although I’d categorize him as a low end mid-pricer).

Bkimm... Do you think Frawley keeps out Highmore early?

The challenge isn’t only in finding a rookie that might start at D6... it’s in finding two on the bench that will play enough to make us cash.

bkimm32

Quote from: Colley Dogs on March 02, 2021, 02:22:45 PM
I think Hayden Young’s an excellent solution for D6 imo (although I’d categorize him as a low end mid-pricer).

The challenge isn’t only in finding a rookie that might start at D6... it’s in finding two on the bench that will play enough to make us cash.

Completely different types of players. Frawley and Carlisle will be wrestling for the FB spot. I’d take Carlisle personally but Frawley was nice in our practice match against the Roos.

With the season ending injury to Paton, it opens up a small defensive spot, which Webster and Highmore will be fighting it out for. Webster has the runs on the board from 2018 but he fell out of favour in 2020 after an injury riddled 2019. He was a gun player, but I think maybe times up for him. Highmore obviously isn’t a small defender, but he will assume Wilkies role as an intercepting-rebounder and Wilkie will play Patons role as a small shut down defender. From all reports, Highmore has been ticking all the boxes, he took some great grabs running back with the flight in our practice match. He’s so similar to Wilkie in so many different ways, and I think he will have a huge start to his career just like Wilkie did. In saying all that, Coffield also plays a similar role to them, as an intercept/rebounder, so they may go for Webster over Highmore as more pure attacking defender.

That’s how I see it anyway.

enzedder

Waterman 102k fwd... nice cash grab

Colley Dogs

Quote from: bkimm32 on March 02, 2021, 02:34:42 PM
Quote from: Colley Dogs on March 02, 2021, 02:22:45 PM

Completely different types of players. Frawley and Carlisle will be wrestling for the FB spot. I’d take Carlisle personally but Frawley was nice in our practice match against the Roos.

With the season ending injury to Paton, it opens up a small defensive spot, which Webster and Highmore will be fighting it out for. Webster has the runs on the board from 2018 but he fell out of favour in 2020 after an injury riddled 2019. He was a gun player, but I think maybe times up for him. Highmore obviously isn’t a small defender, but he will assume Wilkies role as an intercepting-rebounder and Wilkie will play Patons role as a small shut down defender. From all reports, Highmore has been ticking all the boxes, he took some great grabs running back with the flight in our practice match. He’s so similar to Wilkie in so many different ways, and I think he will have a huge start to his career just like Wilkie did. In saying all that, Coffield also plays a similar role to them, as an intercept/rebounder, so they may go for Webster over Highmore as more pure attacking defender.

That’s how I see it anyway.

Appreciate the insight. Thank you.

whynot102

Tyler Brockman looking good for the Hawks 3 goals in opening quarter

Mat0369

Brockman looked amazing. I'd probably lock him in ahead of Downie at this point

Mat0369

Lock Kosi in on the bench in defence

enzedder

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 06, 2021, 05:54:03 PM
Brockman looked amazing. I'd probably lock him in ahead of Downie at this point
Didn’t watch it but Brockman had 10 possessions (3 goals) Downie had 17 possessions.

Mat0369

Majority of Brockman's touches came in that first quarter. Downie wkn a bit of the ball at the start of the third but his disposal was awful.

whynot102

Is Jordan Clarke a lock at his price

Mat0369

Only thing that worries me with Clark is his role when Duncan gets back but you would think so. I had him in my midfield and have now moved him into defence considering the lack of rookie defenders

Gavdroid

Quote from: whynot102 on March 06, 2021, 10:07:51 PM
Is Jordan Clarke a lock at his price

I'd like to think so, I had him locked in early on but now getting worried about his job security. He's only playing a half by the looks tonight and the cats seem intent on playing two 32+ year olds on the wings in Smith and Higgins with Duncan still to come back in.

He's in the mix bit not a lock for me now. Is Jiath an option for the Hawks at a similar price? I didn't see the Hawks game, is that intercepting role sustainable for him? What's his js like?

Mat0369

Briggs has destroyed Hickey. He has probably played himself into the spot for round 1.

Hickey is also freaking awful. They're better off playing Sinkers

Mat0369

I wish I trust GWS to play their young guys because they look to have some good ones. Briggs, Bruhn and Buckley have all been excellent

Fid

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 07, 2021, 03:07:34 PM
I wish I trust GWS to play their young guys because they look to have some good ones. Briggs, Bruhn and Buckley have all been excellent

It looks as though Briggs will get a game before Flynn