2021 Defenders

Started by SilverLion, December 23, 2020, 12:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tkringle

Quote from: Woppa15 on April 23, 2021, 08:07:48 PM
Witherden?
What’s the deal, he’s got the ability, why can this guy hold down a spot?
Is he likely to make way when Hurn returns?

Wouldn’t consider him until I saw him and Hurn in the same side for a couple of weeks.

whynot102

Taking a chance and going Scholl as a POD

crowls

Quote from: Colliwobblers on April 15, 2021, 11:21:44 AM
Right now....

1. Ridley     133

DAYLIGHT

2. Bowes    115.5
3. Houston 112.3
4. Mills        110.8
5. Lloyd       108.3
6. Short       108.3
7. Laird       105.8
8. Jiath        103.8
9. Hartley    102 (1 game)
10. Rich       101.5
11. Houli     101 (1 game)

And that's all who are averaging over 100 to this point

If I could pick a defence from scratch now:

Ridley Lloyd - Best scorers.
Mills Laird - Midfielders.
2 of the best of the rest, I'd probably stick with short and grab houston or put the names in a hat :)
Quote from: Bully on April 15, 2021, 08:55:48 AM
Think there's a glut of options, wouldn't even consider a player not in the running for a 100 season.

A Class

Lloyd (110+)
Ridley (110+)

B Class

Laird (105+)
Stewart (100+)
Short (100+)
Docherty (100+)
Houston (100+)
Hurn (100+)
Ryan (100+)

C Class

Mills (95+)
May (90+)
Bowes (90+)
Jiath (90+)
Rich (90+)
Howe (90+)
Crisp (90+)
Daniel (90+)

Ridley Lloyd -  Laird, Mills  - Stewart, Ryan, Doc, Short, Houston, Hurn,  -  Brought in Short over Mills last week and already have buyers regret.    Lloyd my last DEF to bring unless I move Laird to Mids and grab Mills or Ryan one week.   Anybody who has Cripps, Taranto, Kelly etc would be glad to have Laird in the mids over them.   

Watching this year it is like Lloyd ran a SC pigeon summer camp for Zeiball, Short, Bowes.   Ugly footy but effective for SC.    Lloyd must have a bonus clause in his contract for pigeon stats.

Bully

Hurn back this week which means he'll be around 430k in a fortnight. Those with an underperforming mid might want to consider trading & swinging Laird to the mids.

enzedder

My backs are/ will be: Stewart, Ridley, Lloyd, Laird, Short, Scholl with Frederick and Highmore on the bench.
I have 102k Fyfe in mids for Laird/Scholl DPP.

Weighing up getting May in whilst he is so cheap v Marshall forward. Think I will have to pass as my defence is shored up and I want Rowe off my field.
May looks a great buy now. I’d be trading Berry out of mids if I got May.

Fid

Quote from: enzedder on May 03, 2021, 05:33:46 PM
My backs are/ will be: Stewart, Ridley, Lloyd, Laird, Short, Scholl with Frederick and Highmore on the bench.

Weighing up getting May in whilst he is so cheap v Marshall forward. Think I will have to pass as my defence is shored up and I want Rowe off my field.

I am looking at trading out Rowe as well, only if he is selected to play.  I feel that he may get dropped, and if so he can wait a week.  Atm I am looking at trading out Gulden.

enzedder

Quote from: Fid on May 03, 2021, 05:55:08 PM
Quote from: enzedder on May 03, 2021, 05:33:46 PM

I am looking at trading out Rowe as well, only if he is selected to play.  I feel that he may get dropped, and if so he can wait a week.  Atm I am looking at trading out Gulden.
Makes sense.

Bully

Shannon Hurn vs Lachie Whitfield

Hurn has 4 tons & is averaging 108 once you take out the injury game. Should be around 406k

Whitfield slowly increasing his TOG and is looking like a top 6 defender, 100k more expensive but very bye friendly.

Critical decision coming up, not sure really, slightly favouring Hurn at this stage.

Peter

Only worry is Hurn injury prone and managed games

Bluesalltheway

I think I'll see how Hurn goes this week and if he pulls out another good score I'll grab him after his bye, and if he doesn't I'll grab Whitfield

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Bluesalltheway on June 01, 2021, 03:02:45 PM
I think I'll see how Hurn goes this week and if he pulls out another good score I'll grab him after his bye, and if he doesn't I'll grab Whitfield

This

90% grabbing Hurn, but most likely after his bye - even with a solid score this week he should still be 420k or so which is too hard to pass up

Bully

It's the bye that kills it with Hurn this week, will hold off & grab him round 14 in all likelihood.

tommy10

Quote from: Bully on June 01, 2021, 03:42:54 PM
It's the bye that kills it with Hurn this week, will hold off & grab him round 14 in all likelihood.
Yeah agree. If I have the cash leading up to Round 14, I would try my best to do Highmore to Hurn and have Laird as M8.

Peter

What about Darcy Moore

Mat0369

Houston is cheaper with a better bye. I'd also pick Lever and Harmes ahead of him as cheaper options