2021 Defenders

Started by SilverLion, December 23, 2020, 12:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

/////////////////////////

Whitfield will easily be the best defender. No question.
Isaac Cumming will breakout into premium territory.
Nick Haynes is the best intercepter in the comp and will be top 6.

Zac Williams is an injury prone dud. Do not pick.

RoughRed

Thoughts on  A. Pearce from Fremantle. Was Rance like in 1st season but cruelled by injury. Looks like returning to a full season in 2021. $235.6k BE 44

Samsturmfels

Quote from: RoughRed on February 11, 2021, 02:17:50 AM
Thoughts on  A. Pearce from Fremantle. Was Rance like in 1st season but cruelled by injury. Looks like returning to a full season in 2021. $235.6k BE 44
53 games in 6 years and highest score of 88. No Thanks.

enzedder

Have Milera and happy with him at D4 but with Paton breaking his leg today a defensive spot has opened and Jimmy Webster is the like for like to claim that spot back. He’s 284k. Probably the front runner though I see Highmore is being spoken up about on Twitter. Highmore is taller and probably not as like for like. We’ll see though.

jfitty

Any love for Docherty?

Started like a house on fire last year then faded hard.. Can he get back above 105+? Love him at his price as an alternative to Williams.

Mat0369

Quote from: jfitty on February 24, 2021, 12:01:21 AM
Any love for Docherty?

Started like a house on fire last year then faded hard.. Can he get back above 105+? Love him at his price as an alternative to Williams.

Honestly tempted to start both. I think he has a nice bounce back with a year of footy into his legs. Saad in means they can't lock down on Doc and when he is at his best a defensive forward doesn't curb his scoring. I think last year he got a couple of niggles and struggled from there. He missed a lot of footy and he didn't want to kiss anymore. He was honestly better off taking a couple of rest games but I understand why he didn't.

Ingram

The amount of times I've traded Stewart out and in again is nuts. I don't want William's risk and Milera I'm not sold on. I feel like I blew all my luck last year starting Short, I don't think I'll get lucky again so a sure thing in Lloyd Laird Stewart is locked for me. Hoping Chapman DVG and Highmore all play Rnd 1 with Jones and Wehr on the bench.

Hopefully a rookie shortage doesn't screw with this structure.

crowls

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 24, 2021, 12:46:45 AM
Any love for Docherty?

Honestly tempted to start both. I think he has a nice bounce back with a year of footy into his legs. Saad in means they can't lock down on Doc and when he is at his best a defensive forward doesn't curb his scoring. I think last year he got a couple of niggles and struggled from there. He missed a lot of footy and he didn't want to kiss anymore. He was honestly better off taking a couple of rest games but I understand why he didn't.
Been surprised there has not been any real love for Doc.   Proven performer with excuses for last year.  Definitely in my considerations.   Lloyd definite,  Laird, Stewart, Daniel, Williams, Doc  are my D2/3 options depending on money and player fitness.   

Mat0369

Quote from: Mat0369 on January 29, 2021, 06:19:41 PM
The guy in the low 400's range I see breaking out is Lukosius. He started stringing together some good scores before tailing off terribly post bye.

He apparently played the majority of the game on the wing. This is after the Ellis interview saying he had a  number of players gunning for the wing role including Lukosius

crowls

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 28, 2021, 01:19:44 AM
Quote from: Mat0369 on January 29, 2021, 06:19:41 PM
The guy in the low 400's range I see breaking out is Lukosius. He started stringing together some good scores before tailing off terribly post bye.

He apparently played the majority of the game on the wing. This is after the Ellis interview saying he had a  number of players gunning for the wing role including Lukosius
for sc would rather see him playing HB.    good player with breakout potential.  not in my considerations though.

Mat0369

Quote from: crowls on February 28, 2021, 11:33:16 PM
for sc would rather see him playing HB.    good player with breakout potential.  not in my considerations though.

A few players have turned that defensive wing role into SC gold in the past. Zone off a kick behind the play and manufacture the loose for easy intercept possessions. Offensively they try and get the ball in his hands to deliver the ball forward of centre.

enzedder

Quote from: crowls on February 25, 2021, 10:01:54 AM
Any love for Docherty?

Been surprised there has not been any real love for Doc.   Proven performer with excuses for last year.  Definitely in my considerations.   Lloyd definite,  Laird, Stewart, Daniel, Williams, Doc  are my D2/3 options depending on money and player fitness.
Brought Doc into my 2021 team for the first time today. Sitting at D4 with ZWilliams at D5.

Sabretooth Tigers

Quote from: enzedder on March 02, 2021, 11:08:22 AM
Any love for Docherty?

Brought Doc into my 2021 team for the first time today. Sitting at D4 with ZWilliams at D5.

:)

Have had Doc in and out. My concern is Saad. Would or could his game style reduce Docherty's scoring opportunities ??

:-\

Colley Dogs

Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on March 03, 2021, 01:12:20 AM
Quote from: enzedder on March 02, 2021, 11:08:22 AM
Any love for Docherty?

:)

Have had Doc in and out. My concern is Saad. Would or could his game style reduce Docherty's scoring opportunities ??

:-\

Saad, Docherty, Williams is a conundrum. I recently brought in Saad as my only Blue, at D4 (with Duggan at D5). Line ball choice between the three, but what swayed it for me is that Saad’s role is so defined, and his scoring won’t be affected by anyone. I’m expecting a 95 - 100 average, but hoping for a flat 100 if everyone keeps looking to give him the ball.

Williams and Docherty have higher ceilings, but lower floors.

Don’t want to run with two down back, as I already have Walsh, Cripps, and Dow.

Mat0369

Saad would be my third choice out of all those guys.