2021 Forwards

Started by SilverLion, December 23, 2020, 12:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

And for those looking to get Heeney now and upgrade him to Danger

If he does in fact make 100k from here then he's scoring very well - are you really going to upgrade him then? I doubt it very much

And if he doesn't make 100k, then he's been scoring meh and is a bust pick? Just turn Flynn and Warner into Danger before Syd bye

MontyJnr

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 24, 2021, 06:03:23 PM
Having GG automatically puts me down to 20 max players (Highly doubt I would still have Flynn by then, and he's no guarantee to play that round anyway)

With so many other R14 players, getting to 18 is already going to be quite a stretch, so adding Heeney just makes it near impossible

As for JZ and Impey, they certainly help, but there's been a hell of a lot of injuries this year which have chewed into trades

If Heeney goes 100+ 3 weeks in a row from here, so be it

If he goes sub 100, and even 1-2 sub 90's (which I'd think is more likely) then there's no harm waiting to get him after his bye

Ned Reeves will be on the bubble after his bye if he keeps his spot, so that potentially saves 1 ruck donut in R14.

R13 is actually looking worse for me right now.

MontyJnr

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 24, 2021, 06:06:51 PM

If he does in fact make 100k from here then he's scoring very well - are you really going to upgrade him then? I doubt it very much

And if he doesn't make 100k, then he's been scoring meh and is a bust pick? Just turn Flynn and Warner into Danger before Syd bye

Yeah I have come to the conclusion that Heeney is not a viable stepping stone to Danger.

You are getting him with the intention of him holding down F6 and if you're lucky, you may be able to push him or Impey to F7 later in the season.

Bully

Warner is OK for F6 but I reckon most people would be plugging that hole well before the bye.

Heeney is a proven 90+ player &  that is fine for F6 in the current climate. Danger may also take sometime to settle in, you can't play Warner there forever.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Bully on May 24, 2021, 09:45:02 PM

Warner is OK for F6 but I reckon most people would be plugging that hole well before the bye.

Heeney is a proven 90+ player &  that is fine for F6 in the current climate. Danger may also take sometime to settle in, you can't play Warner there forever.

You've changed your tune

Grabbing Heeney now with the expectation of him being your F6, possibly even F7/M9 cover is fine

It was the Heeney to Danger in a few weeks that I didn't agree with

Bully

Heeney to Danger still might make sense if it means an extra premo score on the field in round 14. Depends on the form line of both players.

MontyJnr

Quote from: Bully on May 24, 2021, 10:20:03 PM
Heeney to Danger still might make sense if it means an extra premo score on the field in round 14. Depends on the form line of both players.

It depends how many trades you have.

I value each trade at 150K profit which Heeney cannot make before his Round 14 bye unless he scores 150 each week (in which case you probably won’t want to trade him).

If you have managed to avoid most of the carnage so far and have saved plenty of trades though, then you may be able to use a luxury trade on this move and settle for less profit - I’m personally not in this situation though.

It also becomes viable if Heeney fails as a pick and you need to move him on, but this isn’t a situation we should be planning for.

Bully

People need to prepare to burn a trade, whether that is Heeney or any underperforming mid/forward. Danger likely to be a must-have, a 90 average might be the bare minimum or it might require an upgrade to 110 (assuming Danger reverts to his career numbers).

Bully

There also needs to be some consideration for the points gained by fielding a premo in round 14.

Just as an example, if you are struggling for 18 starters & Heeney to Danger nets 110 points then this needs to be factored into overall averages.
Spread over the remaining 9 rounds this is an additional 12 points on average. Same goes with other players who have a round 14 bye.

Trading Heeney is the perfect get out of jail clause if he fails & that's in effect what makes this trade such a safe pick IMO.