2021 Forwards

Started by SilverLion, December 23, 2020, 12:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

Heeney one to consider sub 400k, might be an option if Marshall spends all his time up forward.

RaisyDaisy

I currently have JZ, Tex, Impey, Heeney, Warner, Rookie

I'll be turning Flynn and Warner into Marshall as early as next week, maybe the week after

The last spot, well that will probably go to Dusty at this stage I guess as it's really becoming a matter of last man standing in the fwd line

Ingram

Bailey Dale.

Discuss.

Mat0369

Quote from: Ingram on May 01, 2021, 03:53:45 AM
Bailey Dale.

Discuss.

He's on my radar. He had a couple of lower scores but has been surprisingly good in the other games. He has been their designated kick out guy which has seen his scores spike. Assuming that I'm going to keep Ziebell and Impey he is competing for that last forward spot with Sidebottom, Zorko, Marshall, Dusty, Danger, Hawkins, Heeney, Greene, Butters and Tex.

Shai Bolton is the other. He had that abysmal 29 but all the other scores have been good to amazing.

Bully

I'm totally lost on F6 now that Marshall & Bolton have injury concerns. Very tempted to roll with Heeney when he dips below 300k & then grab a big gun like Danger after the byes.

Mat0369

Marshall sounds done and dusted. I'm thinking something along this for my 6 forwards

Ziebell, Impey, Bolton, Dusty, Zorko and then one of Dale/Danger/Sidebottom/Hawkins/Greene.

I currently only have three of those guys in my side with Ziebell/Impey/Bolton. There is talk Bolton could even return next week but how does it hurt his scoring?

Bully

Heeney looks a steal, would be great bench material & could be a straight swap for Bergman or Jones.

Mat0369

As a bench option, sure. But I'm not worrying about bench options right now

Bully

With the byes in mind & the need for depth I'll probably grab him in a fortnight, this week Steele is my target but will look at a Jones/Bergman straight swap the week after.

enzedder

Rolled the dice on Marshall early and have now paid the price.
Looking at Heeney and Dusty this week for Marshall and Scott.
Forward set up will be: Ziebell, Dusty, Impey, Heeney, Daniher,  Poulter (Waterman, Treacy)

Fid

Forced to trade out Nik Cox this week, seeing he was subbed in.
Cox to Mills
Warner to Heeney

MontyJnr

Who do people think the top 6 forwards will be only including players available before Round 14?

I’m thinking
Ziebell
Zorko
Dusty
Impey
Hall
Sidebottom?

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: MontyJnr on May 17, 2021, 11:39:48 PM
Who do people think the top 6 forwards will be only including players available before Round 14?

I’m thinking
Ziebell
Zorko
Dusty
Impey
Hall
Sidebottom?

Talk about last man standing - incredible how many forwards are dropping like flies

Outside of those 6, Heeney, Tmac, Dale and Hind are probably the only other guys in the mix, but I can't imagine many people grabbing the latter 3 of that list, especially at their current prices - much safer to grab one of the 6 you mentioned or the cheaper Heeney

I've only got JZ and Impey at the moment, but there's a chance I bring in Dusty and Heeney this week - just too many injury trades burnt this year so I need to go for the value in those two, even though I'd rather grab a more expensive, better option I think I might just need to grab those 2

MontyJnr

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 18, 2021, 12:15:09 AM
Quote from: MontyJnr on May 17, 2021, 11:39:48 PM

I’m thinking
Ziebell
Zorko
Dusty
Impey
Hall
Sidebottom?

Talk about last man standing - incredible how many forwards are dropping like flies

Outside of those 6, Heeney, Tmac, Dale and Hind are probably the only other guys in the mix, but I can't imagine many people grabbing the latter 3 of that list, especially at their current prices - much safer to grab one of the 6 you mentioned or the cheaper Heeney

I've only got JZ and Impey at the moment, but there's a chance I bring in Dusty and Heeney this week - just too many injury trades burnt this year so I need to go for the value in those two, even though I'd rather grab a more expensive, better option I think I might just need to grab those 2

Yep agree with you there. I'm looking to get Heeney next week to hold down F6 until Danger returns, which will then push Heeney to F7. I already own Ziebell, Zorko, Dusty & Impey.

I'm really struggling with Hall v Sidebottom right now though. Who would you choose?

Sidebottom has better scoring history and has been getting higher CBA numbers in recent weeks, but it hasn't really translated to big scores.

Hall has a new extremely fantasy friendly role on half back taking kick outs which probably gives him the higher ceiling, but there is risk he may not remain in this role for the entire season.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: MontyJnr on May 18, 2021, 10:00:22 AM
Hall has a new extremely fantasy friendly role on half back taking kick outs which probably gives him the higher ceiling, but there is risk he may not remain in this role for the entire season.

And there's always the injury risk with him too

If you're going to grab Heeney next week, that gives you 5 keepers so I'd be inclined to loop two fwd rookies at F6 for a while and focus on getting prems into other lines, which also gives you a bit more time to see how the fwd keeper landscape plays out