2021 Forwards

Started by SilverLion, December 23, 2020, 12:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggyz_a_legend

Quote from: IntegralX on March 06, 2021, 10:14:39 AM
JDG at 435k anyone? Looked excellent last night, is this the year he finally puts it all together like Petracca last year? Interchange cap means he’s all but guaranteed to spend much more time in the middle.

Could be a real big POD, but I’ll have to see how Caldwell goes first before I go searching for the cash.

Sidebottom went down last night, but with no Treloar, there's a spot open in the midfield. And as you say, less interchanging means more players need to roll through mids.

He's in my team atm, but far from locked in.

IntegralX

Tony Greene putting his hand up with today’s performance, meanwhile Heeney was...not good. Didn’t get very much mid time either from what I could see. Might be time to make the switch?

Mat0369

Greene always looks amazing this time of year, then he gets an early injury or suspension and is a headache the rest of the season

Money Shot

Quote from: IntegralX on March 07, 2021, 04:35:45 PM
Tony Greene putting his hand up with today’s performance, meanwhile Heeney was...not good. Didn’t get very much mid time either from what I could see. Might be time to make the switch?
Yep time to flick Heeney I think! Greene is not the answer though.

Bully

Quote from: Money Shot on March 07, 2021, 06:02:26 PM

Why flick Heeney? Golden rule is never ditch a premo based on 1 preseason game. Pretty confident we'll get something around the 95 mark & that is fine for f6.

Money Shot

Quote from: Bully on March 07, 2021, 06:06:04 PM

Why flick Heeney? Golden rule is never ditch a premo based on 1 preseason game. Pretty confident we'll get something around the 95 mark & that is fine for f6.
Think it’s more role based!

A lot of people would have been hoping he played up the ground more. He looked to be pretty deep forward for most of the game.

jfitty

To those who watched the game today, how did Butters look?

He keeps tempting me, and that stateline looks tantalizing..

Bully

Quote from: Money Shot on March 07, 2021, 08:43:29 PM
Quote from: Bully on March 07, 2021, 06:06:04 PM

Think it’s more role based!

A lot of people would have been hoping he played up the ground more. He looked to be pretty deep forward for most of the game.

Wasn't he coming in with an injury cloud? In which case he'll probably be eased in.

RaisyDaisy

Heeney has said numerous times this summer, and just a few days ago too, that he will be playing mostly forward this year, with the odd run through the mids

Bully

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 07, 2021, 08:58:13 PM
Heeney has said numerous times this summer, and just a few days ago too, that he will be playing mostly forward this year, with the odd run through the mids

So he's out of contention in your opinion?

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Bully on March 07, 2021, 09:02:24 PM

So he's out of contention in your opinion?

I think he's an option, and should still go 90+ but at this very moment he is not in my side.

IntegralX

I didn't see Heeney attend a single centre bounce today, although admittedly I wasn't watching very closely. Either way I think even 90+ will be hard for him this season. I might swap him for Greene, JDG or Butters...it's an easy correction trade if I'm wrong.

dmac07

Tom Phillips anyone? Or was this weeks game just a one off? Cheap at 402k.

Seems he will clearly be back to being a full time wing/mid this year replace Smith who the Hawks lost. Average 90 in 2018 in his third season when playing as a mid. 24 now and entering his prime.

Wanderer

Quote from: dmac07 on March 08, 2021, 10:22:42 AM

Seems he will clearly be back to being a full time wing/mid this year replace Smith who the Hawks lost. Average 90 in 2018 in his third season when playing as a mid. 24 now and entering his prime.

I got him at a bargain selection in draft but won't be getting him in classic. He has to rack up heaps of the ball because his disposal is so bad. It was a practice match against North. Could be a trap. It all depends on your structure and what else is available at that price range. His scoring floor in the wing role is handy though unless he completely spuds it up.

Ringo

Quote from: Wanderer on March 08, 2021, 10:38:54 AM
Quote from: dmac07 on March 08, 2021, 10:22:42 AM

I got him at a bargain selection in draft but won't be getting him in classic. He has to rack up heaps of the ball because his disposal is so bad. It was a practice match against North. Could be a trap. It all depends on your structure and what else is available at that price range. His scoring floor in the wing role is handy though unless he completely spuds it up.
If we did not have the forward options available definitely one to consider but with so many cheap options available here will be a pass,