2021 Mids

Started by SilverLion, December 23, 2020, 12:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

I have Tyson sitting at M7 at the moment. My worry is that he is straight out when Cunnington, Anderson and Dumont are back.

The North midfield is actually really tricky to pick. LDU looked amazing but he is the same price as Cunnington who has runs on the board. I feel Cunnington is well priced and could be a M8 keeper. Then there is Simpkin who is primed for a 5th season breakout into premium territory.

Bully

Yeo or Sloane anyone?

Mat0369

Yeo is out with OP. Sloane may be an okay pick at his price but at his age is likely on the decline, seems to be picking up constant niggles and is still the Crows mid that probably gets tagged.

shaker

Quote from: Bully on March 07, 2021, 12:25:55 AM
Quote from: whynot102 on March 07, 2021, 12:18:05 AM
Anyone considering LDU and Dom Tyson

Think you have to take Heppell in that range & I don't think another mid pricer would be wise.
Heppell is way past his best and has a new role in the backs now scored 53 yesterday and played a full game LDU is in the next crop of mid guns he might not quite get there this year but he will outscore Heppell easily IMO I would even take Tyson over Heppell because of his price.

Bully

Quote from: shaker on March 07, 2021, 09:14:23 AM

Think you have to take Heppell in that range & I don't think another mid pricer would be wise.
Heppell is way past his best and has a new role in the backs now scored 53 yesterday and played a full game LDU is in the next crop of mid guns he might not quite get there this year but he will outscore Heppell easily IMO I would even take Tyson over Heppell because of his price.

Fair enough, so Heppell not playing a rebound role? Thought he might pick up where Saad left off.

shaker

Quote from: Bully on March 07, 2021, 12:35:04 PM
Quote from: shaker on March 07, 2021, 09:14:23 AM

Fair enough, so Heppell not playing a rebound role? Thought he might pick up where Saad left off.
He might score better than he did yesterday but if there is enough mid rookies I'd be going down that path and sticking the extra $$$ into another line or a better premo , there is no way I'd be using him as a M5 and using him as a M6 is a bit of a waste.

Bully

I'm a bit late to the party & didn't see any of Rowell's games in 2020 but 50% ownership? What am I missing here? You basically have to pick him as a keeper & the bloke is coming back from serious injury. What are the actual expectations here? I have him pegged at 100-105 which won't cut the mustard & even that is a best case scenario.

RoughRed

Quote from: Bully on March 07, 2021, 02:51:49 PM
I'm a bit late to the party & didn't see any of Rowell's games in 2020 but 50% ownership? What am I missing here? You basically have to pick him as a keeper & the bloke is coming back from serious injury. What are the actual expectations here? I have him pegged at 100-105 which won't cut the mustard & even that is a best case scenario.
He was freakish good in his few games going 80, 171, 141, 114 then injury 6. Love to see him back to that but IMO returning from a season ending injury coming into his 6th AFL senior game the risk for me is high
Agree with your 100 - 105 average by season end
But geez he was good!

IntegralX

The issue with Rowell is his tiny sample size, and now he’ll likely cop the tag every week. He’s also been put back a year on his development. I have Rowell in right now but might swap him across to Taranto, whom I feel is a much safer player and will free up 40k in the process.

That being said if Rowell lights it up in GCs preseason hitout next week he’ll be straight back into my team.

Bully

Quote from: IntegralX on March 07, 2021, 04:43:35 PM
The issue with Rowell is his tiny sample size, and now he’ll likely cop the tag every week. He’s also been put back a year on his development. I have Rowell in right now but might swap him across to Taranto, whom I feel is a much safer player and will free up 40k in the process.

That being said if Rowell lights it up in GCs preseason hitout next week he’ll be straight back into my team.

Taranto or Cunnington seems like a safer bet, both those guys should be good enough for M8 & they save a bit of dough. Think we need to take into account shorter quarters, this benefits rookies who usually have trouble running out games. Think Rowell will also get some attention this year & we don't really know how well he will play away from home.

jfitty

Taranto brought his own footy today, feel like he's the man for M5. Won't get the tag, should run around and do what he pleases

Bully

Quote from: jfitty on March 07, 2021, 05:42:37 PM
Taranto brought his own footy today, feel like he's the man for M5. Won't get the tag, should run around and do what he pleases

My thoughts exactly.

Money Shot

Quote from: jfitty on March 07, 2021, 05:42:37 PM
I currently have Cripps M5 and Powell M6!

In saying that though Taranto definitely seems to be the pick of the $300-$500k players.
Could really take his game to the next level this year.

whynot102

Bully

Quote from: whynot102 on March 08, 2021, 05:05:30 PM
Bont/McCrae anyone

Macrae locked, Bont I'll pass as Treloar likely to send him forward.