2021 Ruck Options

Started by crowls, December 22, 2020, 09:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crowls

Teampicker opened today and put up my first team of the year.

In same spot as last year around ruck decisions.

Gawn/Grundy set and forget
Grundy/options
Gawn/options

See a number of ruck options
English should be able to step up another level and add 10-15pts per game
Preuss playing full time is capable of 100-120 depending on how he beds down.  Ripe to breakout.
Draper - too young and will be up and down like english was.

NicNat - toorisky but a valid choice especially with Marshall and Ladhams being viable Fwd picks with DPP ruck status.

I have gone the Grundy/Preuss option as I see upside for both of them and small downside risks.   really like Marshall and Ladhams in my fwds as well.

SilverLion

Gawn, Preuss, Treacy with R. Marshall forward.

Mat0369

Yeah I'm thinking Gawn and Preuss. I'm not going near Hickey and only difference I might potentially go with is Grundy over Gawn

enzedder

Quote from: SilverLion on December 23, 2020, 12:32:57 AM
Grundy, Preuss, Treacy with R.Marshall forward.

Ringo

Quote from: enzedder on December 23, 2020, 03:38:23 PM
Quote from: SilverLion on December 23, 2020, 12:32:57 AM
Grundy, Preuss, Treacy with R.Marshall forward.
My current thoughts - Just need to ensure the 100k difference between Gawn and Grundy is wisely spent. At the moment is my team Allows Heppell at M6.

RaisyDaisy

Sabretooth Tigers

::)

At this stage it's  Grundy who I think will improve out of sight next season, all going well behind the scenes at Magpieland, and Preuss who has played understudy to two very good ones in Gawn and Goldstein,  Treacy is R3 and  Marshall  selected forward. Like this set up atm.

:)

Sabretooth Tigers

Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on December 23, 2020, 10:36:55 PM
::)

At this stage it's  Grundy who I think will improve out of sight next season, all going well behind the scenes at Magpieland, and Preuss who has played understudy to two very good ones in Gawn and Goldstein,  Treacy is R3 and  Marshall  selected forward. Like this set up atm.

Everything supports the above setups,  Grundy, Preuss and Treacy with Marshall or Ladhams or both up forward.
                                                                  BUT
I keep coming back to " how the flowering hell  (did it for you mods )  do we get Gawn into our sides if he fires up early. Traditionally we rookie correct early followed by possible mid price breakouts then falling prems. After which it is  usually bye set up. so where do we find the $'s and the time to trade in a possibly still 700k + ruck. He is a high scoring "C" regular and after all this cafuffle I reckon somehow I'm going to have to find a way to go the ever reliable  Gawn/Grundy combo again. Think this will be one of those season defining decisions we face and unfortunately it appears there is no wrong decision at this stage. Good luck with it all, cheers. 

:) ;) ??? ::) :-\ :-[

Money Shot

Preuss is locked for me! Should score around 100 with a strong GWS midfield underneath him.

Gawn and Grundy is who I am torn between!

I have went Gawn currently but think Grundy could easily be the #1 ruck this year.

Peter

I just can’t see how Preusscan make anywhere near enough in the early rounds against his projected opponents. IMO, stick with GG and look for value in the $200-$300k area to make money, Eve if it means 11-12 keepers rather than 12-13 starters

Ringo

Found this on another site which may help Ruck Decisions.

Averages vs Rnd 1 opponents (last 3 games only):
Brodie Grundy 171
Max Gawn 144

Sabretooth Tigers

;)

Starting to really warm to the idea of big Max running around with the big " C ", captain on his back V opponents who don't have him.

Peter

Especially early in season when you see his fixture.

RoughRed

For those looking outside the GG option, Sean Darcy (Fremantle) may struggle to get up for R1

https://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/852935/sean-darcy-injury-update

Zabs

Is anyone keen on Stef Martin instead of Preuss?? At $276k, and a dominant midfield supporting him surely if fit he can make decent cash and be another decent stepping stone to Grundy.....