2021 Ruck Options

Started by crowls, December 22, 2020, 09:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ingram

I'm currently nuts with one of Gawn/Grundy R1 and Flynn Treacy R2 R3. Maybe this is the year of the ruck rookie? It has allowed me to squeeze Danger in at F1 and Hately M7.

TexR74

Anyone considered Nankervis?
I know we're all over Gawn/Grundy, but last year I was set with Grundy and Goldstein all season and it worked out fine for me, and with Soldo out for the year and Coleman-Jones currently out, surely Nank can outperform his current price tag?

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: TexR74 on February 22, 2021, 06:49:46 PM
Anyone considered Nankervis?
I know we're all over Gawn/Grundy, but last year I was set with Grundy and Goldstein all season and it worked out fine for me, and with Soldo out for the year and Coleman-Jones currently out, surely Nank can outperform his current price tag?

Just don't see the point, unless you think he is capable of going close to matching GGG, otherwise why bother?

Gawn/Grundy is still the clear choice imo, however Hickey is someone to consider now as that really cheap option should you not go with GG

Mat0369

If you do start Hickey you need to be willing to cull a prem on another line if it goes pearshaped with Marshall injured.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 23, 2021, 02:40:42 AM
If you do start Hickey you need to be willing to cull a prem on another line if it goes pearshaped with Marshall injured.

Certainly something to consider and plan for, but if Flynn/Treacy can debut and play it makes it much easier

shaker

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 23, 2021, 08:35:42 AM
Quote from: Mat0369 on February 23, 2021, 02:40:42 AM

Certainly something to consider and plan for, but if Flynn/Treacy can debut and play it makes it much easier
Mummy said on the AFL site it's time to hand the number 1 ruck duties to the young guys not him and Flynn looks to have it over Briggs.

Mat0369

Saw that. I'm thinking Gawn/Grundy with Briggs at D8, Flynn at R3 and Treacy at F8.

crowls

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 23, 2021, 08:38:49 PM
Saw that. I'm thinking Gawn/Grundy with Briggs at D8, Flynn at R3 and Treacy at F8.
Good options Mat.   GG F looks the prime ruck starting combo.

whynot102

Reading Hickey played well at $260k means you can upgrade to another prem fwd or defender thoughts

Money Shot

Quote from: whynot102 on February 27, 2021, 08:22:24 PM
Reading Hickey played well at $260k means you can upgrade to another prem fwd or defender thoughts
Would much rather start Grundy/Gawn and Rookie than Sidebottom and Hickey

IntegralX

Quote from: whynot102 on February 27, 2021, 08:22:24 PM

Hickey is freaking awful. One of the worst players on an AFL list out there. I think this game can put an end to the Hickey experiment...looking like Gawndy and no one else. McInerney is the only one left that I’m willing to consider.

whynot102

Meek looking okay for R3

Ingram

Meek Flynn Hunter Briggs Treacy think I'll take 2 at most. Treacy and Briggs > Hunter > Flynn > Meek.

Need to see who's playing and work out positioning.

Samsturmfels

Quote from: Ingram on February 21, 2021, 01:00:33 AM
I'm currently nuts with one of Gawn/Grundy R1 and Flynn Treacy R2 R3. Maybe this is the year of the ruck rookie? It has allowed me to squeeze Danger in at F1 and Hately M7.
+1

Although it is way safer going Grundy/Gawn, i do feel like there is an opportunity to go with two ruck rookies. Meek almost certain to play round one now with Lobb injuring himself today and Darcy not expected to be back for rd 1. Surely Flynn will be picked ahead of Briggs rd 1. Then theres Paul Hunter. Dont know much about him apart from him only just being picked up from saints and is 28. But if they were to pick him as a second ruck with Ryder (ahead of Mckernan) he'd be another option. Then there is Fullarton and Treacy who are ruc/fwds, who also are a possibility to play rd 1.

However, when looking at Gawndy i still struggle to find a reason not to pick them both.

Zabs

I’m looking at Draper. 78 with 58 percent game time. Looked at Essendon’s fixture and Draper only has 2 hard games against Goldy and Grundy in first 14 games. The extra cash makes the rest of my team look significantly stronger.