2021 Season Discussion

Started by Ringo, November 18, 2020, 02:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Starting this thread for the 2021 Season.

So couple of Important Dates

Trade Period 1 will close on Friday December 4th prior to National Draft commencing December 7th.

De-Listings to be final by December 6th prior to starting draft.

Trade Period 2 will commence after the drafts with team sizes capped at 44 for the 2021 season.

Should you have any players formally de-listed after the draft there will be a supplementary draft available from the left over players to take lost size back to 44.

Drafts will start on December 8th at 9:00am so make yourselves available to ensure drafts go smoothly.  Believe we should have sufficient players for a full 4 rounds as some coaches will pass eg Swansea will probably not be using 4 of my National Draft picks.

Will start a thread for team listings in due course.

And this for information:

Official AFL Draft Post 2020
Key dates:
November 20 - List lodgement 1
November 27 - List lodgement 2
November 30 - AFL Draft nominations close
December 9 - AFL Draft
December 10 - Rookie and PSD Draft
Mid December - Final list lodgement

Ringo

With the number of players that have been de-listed in the last week and more required by Friday have decided to extend the delisting dates till after the National and rookie Draft.

So key dates for the next couple of weeks.

Monday December 7th Trade Period 1 Concludes
Thursday December 10th National Draft Commences
De-listings required at conclusion of National Draft only 24hours to finalise
Rookie Draft commences minimum 24hours after conclusion of National Draft.

Ringo

As we start the next season just a reminder of Rule 8.2.

8.2 Teams must maintain a reasonably organised Team thread.  This should include at a minimum the current team list.

So as Trade period 2 will end on 18th February it will give you time to get your team thread organised.

This will assist admin in checking any discrepancies.

Due to errors Hedgehogs have had to relinquish their lat rookie pick Mate Colina as Levi Casboult was missed in team lodgements.

OP in teams list by position should be finalised by tomorrow so that may assist.

Check the team lists as well as they will be used for updating UF. 

Ringo

UF is now open for the year. Can you all register using the below link and then nominate your keepers from last year,

https://www.ultimatefooty.com.au/668894/invitation

Ringo

As UF has opened and I have paid for the extra stats etc the following changes will occur from last year and hopefully COVID will not intervene (famous last words)

Captain and Vice Captain will continue to be locked at first game of the round.
Players in UF will be locked at first Saturday game of the round.
Rebound 50 scoring 2 points has been added to scoring.

at    Description    Points
KI    Kicks            3   
HB    Handballs            1   
MA    Marks            3   
HO    Hitouts            1   
TA    Tackles            3   
FF    Free Kicks For    1   
FA    Free Kicks Against   -3   
GL    Goals            6   
BH    Behinds           1   
ED    Effective Disposals    2
CP     Contested Possessions 4
R50    Rebound 50s    2   
CL    Clearances    2   
SP    Spoils           2

We will have no competition for Rds 12,13 and 14 bye rds

Hopefully we can revert back to 8 team finals system and will be decided when all teams are entered in UF. Does not allow

SilverLion

Are we doing the North vs South challenge during the byes?

Ringo

Just a note to coaches when able can you also go into UF and complete keepers from last year. It will help with updating teams for 2021.

Thanks to the 11 teams that have rejoined already.

Ringo

Leeches, Hurricanes and Wolves still to register so can you do asap and then nominate keepers from last year.

Hoods, Hedgies and Hawks need to nominate keepers asap as well.

Can you attend when able so I can finalise teams in UF in preparation for the season. Can not do a lot in UF until I finalise teams either.

Ringo

Grope Lane Giants have relinquished their team so will be seeking a new coach.

If any other coaches are thinking of retiring please also let me know so we can recruit in the one advertisement.

Ringo

Discussion on any changes with lodgements given the 24 hours notice of team announcements.

Currently Lock out occurs at bounce of first saturday game. Given that there may be up to 5 teams who have not been announced think we need to discuss options.

My suggestion is we maintain the first Saturday game as lockout, Captain and Vice Captain though will be locked at bounce of first game noting there are 5 Thursday night games in the first 6 games.

So my suggestion is that we increase emergencies to 6  (adding 2 utilities to UF . Teams to be lodged in the weekly thread with emergencies in order,

Any other suggestions welcome or disagreement with proposal.

Ringo

We have previously used the UF Consolation Final system to run the bottom eight to maintain some interest,  With some new coaches is there any interest in doing this this year. Not fussed either way but giving the opportunity if desired..