WXV Vacant Coaching Position: Beijing Thunder

Started by Purple 77, October 08, 2020, 10:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

:(

Toga, one of WXVs greatest people, has called his time after 7.5 years coaching the Beijing Thunder. You will be missed mate!

He leaves behind a team with unfinished business, having made the preliminary finals in each of the past 3 seasons. It's one of the strongest vacant teams we've ever had I'd say!

APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON SUNDAY NIGHT AT 11.59 PM AEDST

This allows for 3 days for any interested coach to apply, which SHOULD be enough time to cater for their conflicting schedules.

I'll then send a vote on Monday to the coaches, and should hopefully get the results within a day or two.

I appreciate that this is during the trade period - which I won't be pausing - however, never fear to whoever wins the position, the trade period allows for unlimited movements and lasts until sometime mid-December.

Now, attention all aspiring applicants!

You know what? I'll say it. WXVs is the best thing about this place, and unlike the forum, it'll never die.

The FF posts are down, but that's only because we converse on Discord now. The activity there? There's more days than not where I check my phone and see a hundred unread posts. For better or for worse, you can't get our coaches to shut up.

Although I've had one hand on the wheel this year (the second one was just resting this year, promise), we have a shower ton of activity throughout the year, from annual awards, weekly match previews (they'll come back!), a proud & rich history (plenty of  scandals), as well as controversial rules and trade period... it's where you fantasy football addicts belong.

But before I go on, ask yourself these questions. Am I active/passion enough to:
1) submit my team every week?
2) respond to votes in a timely manner?
3) trade?
4) Get on ze discord (preferred but not required)
5) Get banterous?!

IF you answered yes to all those questions, and think this is a place you'd love to be a part of, then be sure to apply in this thread.  I can safely assume that the WXVs Community - and myself personally - will be placing a premium on active engagement. Whether that takes the form of banter, a loud voice in threads, or looking to bring fresh new ideas into the comp... that's up to you! I'll leave the application format up to the applicants. Don't take it lightly either - if you are new to the forum, an application that hits it out of the park can win you the position!

ANYONE can apply, whether you are relatively new to FF or even a current WXVs coach, but remember when you write your applications, all the Worlds coaches will be voting for you, and will be reading them. So make sure you get in everything you want to say, but be careful of the TLDR glance (too long, didn't read).

The applicant with the most votes (I hope) will go full guns blazing at getting the Thunder its deserved and maiden premiership that Toga has set up for you!

As always, if you have any questions, feel free to either PM me or post here :)

Cheers all, and good luck!

Full Name2020 POS12020 POS2Salary CapAVG
Lachie NealeMID$894,000134.35
Brodie GrundyRUC$936,000120.65
Tom RockliffMID$450,000106.64
Caleb DanielDEF$505,000101.53
Dayne ZorkoMID$564,00097.87
Jy SimpkinMIDFWD$408,00093.00
Bachar HouliDEF$350,00086.67
Brandon EllisMID$361,00083.88
Kane LambertFWD$407,00083.00
David SwallowMID$427,00081.60
Luke BreustFWD$389,00081.54
Dan ButlerFWD$254,00077.59
Callan WardMID$320,00076.29
James AishDEF$250,00075.31
Heath ShawDEF$315,00073.53
Tom JonasDEF$328,00069.53
Tom CutlerMID$235,00067.88
Wil PowellMID$198,00066.80
Edward PhillipsMID$160,00064.50
Daniel RioliFWD$211,00063.57
Josh CaddyMIDFWD$273,00062.38
Max KingFWD$154,00060.94
Mason CoxFWD$201,00058.11
Daniel HoweDEFMID$223,00058.00
Kane FarrellFWD$153,00057.55
Tyson StengleFWD$143,00056.83
Taylor WalkerFWD$224,00055.50
Kyron HaydenMID$100,00052.38
Jy FarrarFWD$100,00049.00
Callum PorterMID$100,00039.00
Fischer McAseyDEF$100,00037.10
Marcus AdamsDEF$143,00028.00
Jaxon PriorDEF$100,0000.00
Francis WatsonDEF$100,0000.00
Callum Coleman-JonesRUCFWD$100,0000.00
Jackson RossFWD$100,0000.00
Patrick WilsonMID$100,0000.00
Sam AlabakisRUC$100,0000.00
Jack MayoFWD$100,0000.00
Mitch RiordanMID$100,0000.00
Sam FletcherMID$100,0000.00
Callum M BrownDEF$100,0000.00
Jake TarcaFWD$100,0000.00
Isaiah ButtersFWD$100,0000.00

meow meow

I, meow meow am formally applying for the coaching position of the Beijing Thunder.

Firstly let me acknowledge the brilliant job that Toga has done with the team over the years. Well done mate, your contributions were always of the highest quality. I think we can all agree that Toga was the most respectful, polite and just all round best guy in WXV history.

But times change, and there is now a need for the Chinese empire to get ruthless. Li Keqiang is putting the pressure on to get results, and NOW.

I believe I am the right man for the job. Why? Because I am furious at you coaches. I don't come in with a clean slate. We have history and I want to destroy you all. There is an accepted theory that I ruined my previous club, but I am putting it all on you guys. You were wrong. You were the ones who blocked my plans and left me with players that were useless for my vision of the future. But enough about that. It’s done, finished. My focus would be on the now, and how to best eviscerate you lot for the foreseeable future and beyond. I know the ins and outs of WXV. I can get it done.

The list is in good shape and has some truly elite talent. Plenty of people would want to leave it mostly as is and just look for a few little tweaks here and there. I don’t subscribe to that theory. Prime era Holz and his Dublin teams were winning minor premierships and flags with ease, and then pulling off the biggest trades of the trade period. EVERYONE has a price, and I don’t believe that any one player is untradeable. I would either succeed or fail, but either way things will happen and the competition would be better for it. Trades and the discussion around them is what makes the competition interesting and fun, and you know that I'd be active.

I'm online way too much, down to talk trades whenever, I talk plenty of shower and am continuously honing my banter game, and I get involved with rules discussion and pretty much all aspects of the comp.

I believe I would add plenty to the comp, a tremendous amount, maybe the most ever. Let’s make WXV great again.

Urbaninfinnity

Hey everyone, I'm Urbaninfinnity, or Urbs, and I'm here to apply for the position of head coach at the Beijing Thunder. Most of you probably know who I am through other leagues/discord, and for those who don't, I'd say you're missing out. (maybe)

I've only been in these draft leagues for about a year now, and am a coach in ASC, ADT and most recently BXV's. I'm not gonna pretend I have a bunch of experience compared to others, but I like to think I know what I'm doing most of the time.

While I'm not well versed in WXV's lore, Toga has left behind a great squad of players who are right in the window, and it's sad he wasn't able to see it through to get their maiden flag. The plan is to finish what he started, and make sure his hard work doesn't go to waste.

As for what I'd do in the off-season, I'd say this team could use bolstering at F4 & D4 to really push for the flag. I have a certain swanky CHF in mind, so expect him to be my first order of business heh

Basically if you're after a coach who likes to get down and dirty with some banter and isn't gonna send his side to the gulags, I'm your man.

Good luck to all the other applicants, and thanks to the coaches for reading.

Urbs out.

ChuckStig

Hello, I'm ChuckStig, Stig for short, and I am formally expressing interest in the Beijing Thunder coaching position for the WXVs competition.

I'm relatively new to this fantasy footy world, having taken up a role in ADT & ASC only a few months ago. While I may look inexperienced, I'm battle hardened and ready for anything. I'm prepared to continue the legacy that Toga has left behind with this squad, make it my own & lead it to glory.

My love for the game? I'm a Carlton supporter. I can survive anything.
My commitment? Unfaltering
My bantz? I like to think they're okay.

So, you know, just PM me your PayPals and we'll work something out okay? <3

Thanks for your time, I appreciate you reading through & considering my application. Best of luck to all applicants.

- Stig

TL;DR
Hello Mr. Kurns. I bad want.... coach now. Me sick.

Purple 77

Purple 77

Thanks for the applications guys!

I'll now send out a vote asking each current coach to vote for their 1 most preferred candidate.

Good luck!

Purple 77

The votes are in! (except for one team)

All coaches received at least 3 votes, but there was one coach whom received an unassailable 8 votes.

Please join me in welcoming fellow Taswegian Urbaninfinnity as the new head coach of the Beijing Thunder!