WXV Award Nominations 2020

Started by Purple 77, September 13, 2020, 06:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

NDT

Jake Lloyd for B&F
Zak Butters for Coaches Award

PowerBug

For any individual awards to be handed out at Rio under the current management team it requires a base level of team performance, which was not met during the 2020 season. As such there is no Best and Fairest winner nor is there a Coaches Award winner.
Just your average footy nuffie.
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

GoLions

Quote from: PowerBug on September 19, 2020, 02:30:41 PM
For any individual awards to be handed out at Rio under the current management team it requires a base level of team performance, which was not met during the 2020 season. As such there is no Best and Fairest winner nor is there a Coaches Award winner.
Ooft, that's harsh on Maynard heh

PowerBug

Quote from: GoLions on September 19, 2020, 02:41:32 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on September 19, 2020, 02:30:41 PM
Ooft, that's harsh on Maynard heh
He is a team player, he will understand :)
Just your average footy nuffie.
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

GoLions

Quote from: GoLions on September 14, 2020, 11:43:01 AM
There were a few guys who put their hand up for Kate's coaches award this year:
- Callum Mills finally had his breakout year (after being enquired about every year and I've always said he was ready to break out at any moment ;D), lifting his avg from 82 to 101ppg and becoming Kate's #1 scoring defender.
- Luke McDonald showed some promising signs in 2017, but fell off a cliff since then. After Rd7 he was averaging 63, with only 2 scores over 60. Since then, he has averaged 117, with only 3 scores under 100 (95, 94, 84), and some biiig hundos, to bring his season avg to 93 and locking down a starting spot in Kate's defence.
- Sam Collins is the lesser known of Kate's defence, but he's a guy i backed a few years ago who showed a lot of promise until being delisted by Freo. He then tore it up in the VFL and was picked up by the Suns, and rejoining my list. He boosted his avg this year from 60 to 81, and locking in the D4 spot down back, intercepting everything that came his way.

But the winner, and call it recency bias if you must, is Sam MeneGOAT. He had prior years of premo scoring, but dropped off quite heavily in 2019 and seemed to have fallen out of favour at the Cattery, playing only 9 games and averaging 81. I took a risk and traded pick 9 for him in the off-season, and scores of 35 and 55 (injured) in the first 3 rounds meant i was worried I'd made a huge mistake. However, after that, he has gone under 100 only 3 times (including a 97), averaging 116 in that time. He has shown a massive ceiling as well, with 3 scores over 150, including a match winning semi final performance in which he scored 193, in a game that seemed all but over.

Congrats MeneGOAT!
And the winner of Kate's Best and Fairest award for 2020 is Mitch Duncan! Got very close at the end with MeneGOAT almost catching him :o

Honourable mentions to Higgoat, Shuey, LMac, and Mills.