Main Menu

EXV Finals Week 1

Started by Holz, August 26, 2020, 05:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Belgium Bashers   705/10 (71 average) v   Russian Roulettes 652/9 (72 average)

Belgium has closed the gap after some bad games from the Russians

Greek Titans 653/11 (59 average) v Spanish Stallions 617/8 (77 average)     

Will take something crazy for Greece to take this and with the likes of Neale coming for Spain dont see that happening.

Swiss Storm 765/11 (70 average) v Hungarian Hulks 512/9 (57 average)

This is probably over, the only chance is if Petracca goes absolutely berserk and Oliver has a shocker.

Vatican Valkyries 492/10 (49 average) v Belarus Bison 723/10 (72 average)

Congratulations on the Bison progressing to the next round, Valk's season much like McGraths is over.

LaHug

Quote from: Holz on September 03, 2020, 10:12:00 AM
Quote from: LaHug on September 03, 2020, 09:46:51 AM
Quote from: LaHug on August 28, 2020, 07:36:52 PM
Quote from: LaHug on August 27, 2020, 10:10:44 AM
BISON

Def: Lachlan Weller, Jayden Short, James Aish, Jake Lever
Mid: Travis Boak (VC), Hugh McLuggage, Ed Curnow, Jared Polec
Ruck: Brodie Grundy (C)
Fwd: Jy Simpkin, Izak Rankine, Tim Membrey, Jamie Cripps
Uti: Kyle Langford (M/F), Toby Nankervis (R)

Emg: Harry Cunningham (D), Hayden Crozier (D), Charlie Cameron (F), Nick Blakey (F)

Too many major injuries for us with Treloar, Tucker, Dunstan all out for far too long and Houston's suspension the icing on the cake. Can't expect to make it far with those outs and a relatively shallow scoring depth. Will be lucky to scrape through this week and will need big scores from Grundy, Boak, Nank to have any chance.

Assuming one or both of Polec/Narkle not named, I'll have to shuffle around a few players and play a M/F in the mids again...

I forgot to drop Polec when he wasn't named again last week. Whoops. I guess that means Langford moves into mids and my first emergency comes into utility? I don't trust Blakey after last week's game so I'm shuffling Es...

That is correct Cunningham comes in to replace polec.

I'll spend the rest of the day trying to think if I have a better replacement... but I know I don't haha

Holz

Quote from: LaHug on September 03, 2020, 11:31:03 AM
Quote from: Holz on September 03, 2020, 10:12:00 AM
Quote from: LaHug on September 03, 2020, 09:46:51 AM
Quote from: LaHug on August 28, 2020, 07:36:52 PM
Quote from: LaHug on August 27, 2020, 10:10:44 AM
BISON

Def: Lachlan Weller, Jayden Short, James Aish, Jake Lever
Mid: Travis Boak (VC), Hugh McLuggage, Ed Curnow, Jared Polec
Ruck: Brodie Grundy (C)
Fwd: Jy Simpkin, Izak Rankine, Tim Membrey, Jamie Cripps
Uti: Kyle Langford (M/F), Toby Nankervis (R)

Emg: Harry Cunningham (D), Hayden Crozier (D), Charlie Cameron (F), Nick Blakey (F)

Too many major injuries for us with Treloar, Tucker, Dunstan all out for far too long and Houston's suspension the icing on the cake. Can't expect to make it far with those outs and a relatively shallow scoring depth. Will be lucky to scrape through this week and will need big scores from Grundy, Boak, Nank to have any chance.

Assuming one or both of Polec/Narkle not named, I'll have to shuffle around a few players and play a M/F in the mids again...

I forgot to drop Polec when he wasn't named again last week. Whoops. I guess that means Langford moves into mids and my first emergency comes into utility? I don't trust Blakey after last week's game so I'm shuffling Es...

That is correct Cunningham comes in to replace polec.

I'll spend the rest of the day trying to think if I have a better replacement... but I know I don't haha

mills is out, not sure if that makes the decision easier

LaHug

Quote from: Holz on September 03, 2020, 05:10:28 PM
mills is out, not sure if that makes the decision easier

Was hoping this made Cunningham better but he disappeared after quarter time...

Holz

Belgium Bashers   (18.   8.   116   )    def    Russian Roulettes   (16.   11.   107   )

Decent effort by Russia with Ridley and Berry leading the way they needed a monster from Zorko and he was super disappointing. Danger and ROB do enough with solid contributoes from everyone else

Greek Titans   (15.   10.   100   )    lost to    Spanish Stallions   (19.   8.   122   )
This game was never really a challenge despite Crisp being BOG. The scary thing is nobody even played that well (by their standards) and they still won easy.

Swiss Storm   (18.   9.   117   )    def    Hungarian Hulks   (14.   8.   92   )
Storm beat the #1 and  #2 seeds and Hungary struggled. This should come as no surprise as Hungary actively rebuilt in the mid season trade period.

Vatican Valkyries   (13.   6.   84   )    lost to    Belarus Bison   (17.   6.   108   )

What a fizzer, Huggy was worried about team Selections and he could have put himself as captain and still won this game. This was quite possibly the worst finals game ever from the Valks.