Biggest mistake so far this year?

Started by bkimm32, August 11, 2020, 10:24:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enzedder

Quote from: shaker on August 11, 2020, 10:31:22 AM
Heaps of errors to many to list but as soon as this season looked like it was going to be far from normal I decided to have some fun and take some risks , not going to worry to much about that just hope it returns to normal next year.
You and me both.

Samsturmfels

Trading the Bont after Rd 1 not looking good now (aswell as Brayshaw).

Sabretooth Tigers

:'( 

Started with  Nicnat,  D Brayshaw, D Smith,  D Houston  B Smith  and went sideways with all. Was rated 26997 after 5 rds but now 2134 after a pretty rough start.

;)

sidvicious

Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on August 23, 2020, 02:08:04 PM

Started with  Nicnat,  D Brayshaw, D Smith,  D Houston  B Smith  and went sideways with all. Was rated 26997 after 5 rds but now 2134 after a pretty rough start.

;)
Well done on that rank

Mat0369

Quote from: jvalles69 on August 12, 2020, 12:32:53 PM
Another mistake was listening to the pre-season hype and switching Oliver to Bont last minute, never again list.

Try Neale and Oliver for Bont and Danger  :-X

Thewizz71

Fid

This has to be the biggest season ever for sideways trades, and the coaches that have resisted this, stand to be way ahead come seasons end.

My main sideways trade was:

OUT Bontempelli ($623,000)
IN  Howe ($431,900)

The other sideways trade was in round 10:-

OUT Sicily ($603,900)
IN Zac Williams ($460,700)
OUT Steven Hill ($266,400)
IN Schoenberg ($117,300)
OUT McInerney ($232,900)
IN Tom Stewart ($443,000

My only real regret is not jumping on a player before their first price increase, but it's so hard to jump on someone after just one game.  The only time I have done this was picking up Schoenberg when he was selected to play his first game.  When you hear that he was playing senior football @ the age of 14, it was one I jumped on.

Fairly happy so far, but it is a hard season when we have to jump on players to grab cash, not knowing if after just one game they get to continue to make decent cash.

Sabretooth Tigers

Quote from: sidvicious on August 23, 2020, 05:04:43 PM

;)
Well done on that rank

Thanks SV.

:o

Geez I'm really having one of those weeks in SC. Thought I was sitting pretty with Macrae as VC and Xerri
as captain but just saw that Xerri is Playing. Thankfully I can swap Grundy to captain. Don't think he sets
the world on fire v Goldstein but definitely better than Xerri. Was expecting a 2500 plus score but ... ... .. ?

::)

no eye deer

Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on August 23, 2020, 11:17:05 PM
Quote from: sidvicious on August 23, 2020, 05:04:43 PM

;)
Well done on that rank

Thanks SV.

:o

Geez I'm really having one of those weeks in SC. Thought I was sitting pretty with Macrae as VC and Xerri
as captain but just saw that Xerri is Playing. Thankfully I can swap Grundy to captain. Don't think he sets
the world on fire v Goldstein but definitely better than Xerri. Was expecting a 2500 plus score but ... ... .. ?

::)

Yeah, bad luck mate.
I was worried about Xerri playing. My only other rookies that I knew weren’t playing were Swans, so I had to roll the dice on someone in the Dogs/Dees game, or hope that Xerri was dropped.
I wasn’t confident with so many gun mids in the same game, but went Macrae, which is about the only thing I’ve got right this week and it was by default.

Sabretooth Tigers

;)

Great default ned, good to see someone getting on the right side of the luck gods.
Hopefully it is as contagious as c19. Cheers mate.

:)

tommy10

whynot102

crowls

Quote from: Mat0369 on August 23, 2020, 06:33:58 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on August 12, 2020, 12:32:53 PM
Another mistake was listening to the pre-season hype and switching Oliver to Bont last minute, never again list.

Try Neale and Oliver for Bont and Danger  :-X
Hi mat,  where do I send the brick?   For hitting your head against?   Jeez it must have been a long season for you.  I just want to curl up and die every time I see Lloyd's score and I still dont have him.  It must be horrible see olly and neales score each week. 

Mat0369

Quote from: crowls on August 26, 2020, 01:37:10 PM
Hi mat,  where do I send the brick?   For hitting your head against?   Jeez it must have been a long season for you.  I just want to curl up and die every time I see Lloyd's score and I still dont have him.  It must be horrible see olly and neales score each week.

Both seem to have come good over the last 4 of 5 weeks but jeez they've been slaughtering me when I look at the other two.

I've smashed the last two weeks and those two guys have been a part of it. Same goes for Nic Nat who I also started with.

Other moves that have hurt/failed.

*Bringing in Rivers and Harley round 2. Both have been flops
*Dusty and McAsey to Pitto and Selwood. Was looking great up until the Selwood injury killed his cash gen before I could trade him out. Dusty has gone nuts since the Selwood injury as well.
*Trading Noble instead of Brander to Stephen Hill
*Bringing in Yeo
*Selwood and Pittonet out to Treloar and Egg instead of Rampe and Zorko in a last second swap.
*Tobe Watson instead of Sholl
*No Rankine
*Walters and Parker the jury is still out on. They were brought in over simultaneous weeks and had poor scores the first week in my team. Walters bounced back with a 90 though.

Having said all that, I managed to start with Howe, Trac Nic Nat and Macrae. So it's not an entire crapshow.

crowls

Quote from: Mat0369 on August 26, 2020, 04:09:18 PM
Quote from: crowls on August 26, 2020, 01:37:10 PM

Both seem to have come good over the last 4 of 5 weeks but jeez they've been slaughtering me when I look at the other two.

I've smashed the last two weeks and those two guys have been a part of it. Same goes for Nic Nat who I also started with.

Other moves that have hurt/failed.

*Bringing in Rivers and Harley round 2. Both have been flops
*Dusty and McAsey to Pitto and Selwood. Was looking great up until the Selwood injury killed his cash gen before I could trade him out. Dusty has gone nuts since the Selwood injury as well.
*Trading Noble instead of Brander to Stephen Hill
*Bringing in Yeo
*Selwood and Pittonet out to Treloar and Egg instead of Rampe and Zorko in a last second swap.
*Tobe Watson instead of Sholl
*No Rankine
*Walters and Parker the jury is still out on. They were brought in over simultaneous weeks and had poor scores the first week in my team. Walters bounced back with a 90 though.

Having said all that, I managed to start with Howe, Trac Nic Nat and Macrae. So it's not an entire crapshow.
Started Neale and Oliver, 
traded whitfield to trac round 4,
No Gawn -started English then traded him down just before he started scoring to Pitt.  Got Draper as R2.
Traded in Viney rd2 and traded him week before he started scoring again. 
Pitt to Ladhams Rnd 9, then ladhams to fwds to bring in Draper was a genius move until he Covid out.
Please can someone remind doc how to play he is killing me at d6
Need about another 200k to get Draper to prem Ruck and Doc into Lloyd.  4 trades left. 
Different game when you dont see teams until 24hrs before hand.   Finals is going to be tough.