Biggest mistake so far this year?

Started by bkimm32, August 11, 2020, 10:24:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samsturmfels

1. Didnt start with Neale and still dont have Lloyd, Sicily, Petracca and Greenwood
2. Every year i start Fyfe over Neale yet Neale has outscored Fyfe for the last 6 years
3. Traded Brayshaw after round 1.
4. Trading in value picks Simpkin and Baz smith
5. Never considering Greenwood and Petracca at the start of the year.
6. Trading in Viney. Although he has averaged close to 99 which is good for his price, him missing 2 games has hurt.
7.  have used 6 trades on rookies who have made close to $0 and have another 4 dead rookies still in my team  :'(

Although all of those mistakes i have still made some good decisions such as starting with Gawndy, Macrae and getting Ridley (450K) and doedee for 273k

bkimm32

Quote from: Samsturmfels on August 11, 2020, 03:38:29 PM
1. Didnt start with Neale and still dont have Lloyd, Sicily, Petracca and Greenwood
2. Every year i start Fyfe over Neale yet Neale has outscored Fyfe for the last 6 years
3. Traded Brayshaw after round 1.
4. Trading in value picks Simpkin and Baz smith
5. Never considering Greenwood and Petracca at the start of the year.
6. Trading in Viney. Although he has averaged close to 99 which is good for his price, him missing 2 games has hurt.
7.  have used 6 trades on rookies who have made close to $0 and have another 4 dead rookies still in my team  :'(

Although all of those mistakes i have still made some good decisions such as starting with Gawndy, Macrae and getting Ridley (450K) and doedee for 273k
I’m very similar to all of these except for Neale who I started. Also didn’t get Viney, but thankfully got Oliver in just before his 200 which was HUGE for me

Ringo

Quote from: Ringo on August 11, 2020, 11:21:00 AM
Starting SC this year
and to add to this bringing in rookies after 1 game and getting stuck with him.  Loathe to waste trade on them.  Latest being Keane from Pies who is not even emergency, add to Butler. Skinner and co.  Hoping Shienberg keepls playing and reports Simpson only rested are true,
Trading in Viney after Rd 1 high score but starting to put up reasonable scores now.
Trading in Baz Smith
Jury still out on Trading out Bont as part of Viney trade,
Getting wrong rookies.

Samsturmfels

Quote from: Ringo on August 11, 2020, 05:01:47 PM
Quote from: Ringo on August 11, 2020, 11:21:00 AM
Starting SC this year
and to add to this bringing in rookies after 1 game and getting stuck with him.  Loathe to waste trade on them.  Latest being Keane from Pies who is not even emergency, add to Butler. Skinner and co.  Hoping Shienberg keepls playing and reports Simpson only rested are true,
Trading in Viney after Rd 1 high score but starting to put up reasonable scores now.
Trading in Baz Smith
Jury still out on Trading out Bont as part of Viney trade,
Getting wrong rookies.
The trade probably isnt worth it in the end since trading out Bont he has averaged nearly 107 sc points (about 273 points) compared to about Vineys 99 points a game. The one positive is that its about $190k saved/made when looking at both of their prices at the current round.

bkimm32

And the latest big mistake is trading out Darcy Cameron for Draper instead of Rankine... whilst having Gawn. RIP

Samsturmfels

Quote from: bkimm32 on August 11, 2020, 10:23:50 PM
And the latest big mistake is trading out Darcy Cameron for Draper instead of Rankine... whilst having Gawn. RIP
Keeping Rankine for now isnt a bad idea. There was a huge uncertainty if Cameron would even play this week. Its just a bit unlucky that both Draper and Gawn are out.

whynot102

Trading in Rozee after two massive scores holding for 7 weeks for a 40 average and a $180k loss

Hazza09

Well where to begin!
Even though I think I got most of my decisions accurate there have been many that I do regret.

1. Not starting with Lloyd, eventually bought him in but cost me a bit.
2. Overlooking Macrae for Cripps.
3. Thinking Petracca was a trap so eventually paid overs to bring him in.
4. Bought in Sturt after his 100 and only got 12 more points out of him.
5. Made some poor decisions on rookies at the start, Cavarra & T Brown.
6. Completely got burnt by Dylan Roberton.
7. Traded in Stephen Hill who was always going to be a trap and he was.
8. Held onto Starcevich for 3 weeks to long.

But I was tempted to trade out Brayshaw after Rd 2 but had other issues to deal with & the same with Whitfield after his injury.
I did get it right with Serong as a rookie and thought Noah Anderson was going to be similar to Rowell but didn’t work out that way and he went for Steele this week  :-\

bkimm32

Quote from: Hazza09 on August 12, 2020, 01:11:48 AM
Well where to begin!
Even though I think I got most of my decisions accurate there have been many that I do regret.

1. Not starting with Lloyd, eventually bought him in but cost me a bit.
2. Overlooking Macrae for Cripps.
3. Thinking Petracca was a trap so eventually paid overs to bring him in.
4. Bought in Sturt after his 100 and only got 12 more points out of him.
5. Made some poor decisions on rookies at the start, Cavarra & T Brown.
6. Completely got burnt by Dylan Roberton.
7. Traded in Stephen Hill who was always going to be a trap and he was.
8. Held onto Starcevich for 3 weeks to long.

But I was tempted to trade out Brayshaw after Rd 2 but had other issues to deal with & the same with Whitfield after his injury.
I did get it right with Serong as a rookie and thought Noah Anderson was going to be similar to Rowell but didn’t work out that way and he went for Steele this week  :-\
1-6&7 Same boat for me

jvalles69

Another mistake was listening to the pre-season hype and switching Oliver to Bont last minute, never again list.

bkimm32

Quote from: jvalles69 on August 12, 2020, 12:32:53 PM
Another mistake was listening to the pre-season hype and switching Oliver to Bont last minute, never again list.
On he contrary for me not listening to the pre season hype and selecting “proven” supercoach players like Dustin Martin and Devon Smith over the likes of greenwood and petracca

fanTCfool

Did the same thing. Bont underwhelming and we've all seen what Oliver has done...

no eye deer

timtim

Quote from: fanTCfool on August 12, 2020, 04:45:52 PM

Did the same thing. Bont underwhelming and we've all seen what Oliver has done...

I feel your pain. Love the Bont as a player but does my head in from a SC point of view

crowls

Playing SC in 2020  without a crystal ball   :)