Biggest mistake so far this year?

Started by bkimm32, August 11, 2020, 10:24:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bkimm32

We’ve all made a big error of some kind this year, what’s yours?

Mine is starting Andrew Brayshaw, rage trading him to Ben Long after round 1 (who looked very fantasy relevant on a HBF after that game), only for him to put up a few stinker scores and then be suspended, traded Long to Simpkin who went down hill from that point onward, meanwhile Brayshaw being a fantasy monster the last 10 weeks.... now he will probably find his way back into my team this week. 3 trades and a lot of points lost out of it. Likely would have had me sitting comfortably in the top 100 overall rather than 3000ish.

Learning curve: be confident in your initial starting team and give them at least 5 weeks and only trade if injured.

North Melbournes Finest

Traded out Crisp for Hurn after round 1. I mean Crisp hasn’t been amazing but Hurn has been god damn diabolically bad.

shaker

Heaps of errors to many to list but as soon as this season looked like it was going to be far from normal I decided to have some fun and take some risks , not going to worry to much about that just hope it returns to normal next year.

jvalles69

Yep, traded out Brayshaw after 1 round.

Ringo

jvalles69

Quote from: jvalles69 on August 11, 2020, 10:48:25 AM

This week I also had to trade early so brought Tobe Watson in...then I had to trade him to Sholl...  >:(

bkimm32

Quote from: jvalles69 on August 11, 2020, 11:46:13 AM

This week I also had to trade early so brought Tobe Watson in...then I had to trade him to Sholl...  >:(

Didn’t someone clarify in a seperate thread that this only registered as a single trade rather than 2? 

jvalles69

Quote from: bkimm32 on August 11, 2020, 12:21:24 PM

Didn’t someone clarify in a seperate thread that this only registered as a single trade rather than 2?

Well I'm down 2 trades for the round so no... :'(

jvalles69

Quote from: jvalles69 on August 11, 2020, 12:28:35 PM
Quote from: bkimm32 on August 11, 2020, 12:21:24 PM

Well I'm down 2 trades for the round so no... :'(

Hang on, I think you might be right actually!  I've used 3 trades including that one but it still shows 1 trade left!  :o ;D

Rusty00

Brayshaw for me as well, although in fairness up until Rd.5 I was happy with the trade. I traded him to Bewley which made 130K and they had scored roughly the same total points after 4 rounds. Then Fyfe got injured and the rest is history.

Picking Hill over Serong in Rd.5 didn't turn out too well.

Also, bringing in Sturt in Rd.3, trading him out Rd.4, then watching him pump out a big score in Rd.5 was a bit of a debacle.

Now I look at it, there seems to be a common theme here.....

bkimm32

Quote from: Rusty00 on August 11, 2020, 12:41:23 PM
Brayshaw for me as well, although in fairness up until Rd.5 I was happy with the trade. I traded him to Bewley which made 130K and they had scored roughly the same total points after 4 rounds. Then Fyfe got injured and the rest is history.

Picking Hill over Serong in Rd.5 didn't turn out too well.

Also, bringing in Sturt in Rd.3, trading him out Rd.4, then watching him pump out a big score in Rd.5 was a bit of a debacle.

Now I look at it, there seems to be a common theme here.....
I think a lot of people who have got flowered around in the Sturt fiasco lol I certainly did. Still riding my pine.

Wanderer

It would be out of:

1) Starting MacPherson and then trading him for Long, or;

2) Getting Gawn in a few weeks ago at his peak price.

I still have Brayshaw and I also kept Doedee, which helps.

jfitty

I'm another 'Brayshaw trader', which was only a bad move in hindsight now.

Traded him to Wingard, who had a massive start to the season, so the trade was looking great. Rocketed me up into the top 100, but have since crashed and burned.

This year has been such a strange one, it's hard to take anything too seriously.

tkringle

Yeah i'm another Brayshaw trader.

Its all because we had the 5 trades after round 1, otherwise everyone would have probably kept him as rookie corrections would be priority.

Another thing to blame Corona for..

justaverage