Trading Max Gawn Out

Started by alex1234, August 07, 2020, 10:08:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alex1234

I am of the impression that Max Gawns upper shoulder injury is going to significantly reduce his scoring ability across the next 2-3 weeks and maybe even more

I started Gawn and so i have had the wonderful experience watching him as my captain average 145 for the last 10 weeks but now i feel it’s done

Is it so wrong the idea of Gawn averaging 100-110 for the next 8 weeks with a shoulder injury being not worth his current $722k price and thus trading him out before he drops again will significantly increase my points output - especially with the best 18 approach for more than half the rest of season

My initial thought is draper - with the spare cash from the trade i have being used to bring in petracca and fyfe in the same round as trading gawn out

have I lost the plot???

bkimm32

Short answer - yes, you’ve lost the plot.

alex1234

Quote from: bkimm32 on August 07, 2020, 10:41:44 AM

This is comforting

bkimm32

Quote from: alex1234 on August 07, 2020, 10:44:26 AM
Quote from: bkimm32 on August 07, 2020, 10:41:44 AM

This is comforting
It has some merit, I suppose.

I just think while he might have a few down weeks at 100 or so (he’s just as likely to come out with a 150 this round) he’s going to get back to consistent 130+ after a month.

Meanwhile, assuming you make this trade, you’ll have a borderline best 22 ruckman on field, who’s played one game for a 70. You would have used 2 trades just to make 300k in the absolute best possible scenario. Just seems incredibly risky to me   

RaisyDaisy

And what's the plan in 2-3 weeks time when Gawn is healed and pumping out that 145avg? (Assuming he will even drop in ppg in the first place which is no guarantee at all)

Draper to Gawn would be impossible

Draper could get managed too

Wanderer

If you have heaps of trades left, then it's worth a punt to trade Gawn out, but not for Draper. You would need to trade out to a ruck that has rock solid JS, can still pump out decent scores and who has had his bye already. NicNat the only one I can see, and with NicNat comes the usual risks.

alex1234

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 07, 2020, 11:30:18 AM
And what's the plan in 2-3 weeks time when Gawn is healed and pumping out that 145avg? (Assuming he will even drop in ppg in the first place which is no guarantee at all)

Draper to Gawn would be impossible

Draper could get managed too

Draper not being cemented in best 22 is defiantly an issue, but i think the ideal of him being managed is as high as gawn being managed and i don’t have any r3 (102k)

Ideally if money permitted i’d go back up to a quality ruckman but i’ve accepted the fact that it won’t be gawn as his price will be too high

At the minute it’s either have gawn and an f6 and a d6 as rookies

or trade gawn out and have a full squad with draper

the cash flow issues are quite real at the minute

ants

timtim

Thoughts on this...

Gawn â€"> Goldy

Gawn BE is 240 and expected to lose $50k over next two weeks while Goldy May hold steady/make 10-20K

You can cover a donut, make ~70K, and buy a few weeks too see just how much impact Gawn’s shoulder niggle has?

justaverage

If you have Draper I don't think he will be dropped, hold Max and assess the situation next week

crowls

Dont start gawn,  cry for 6 weeks
bring in Ladhams for 350k for two 120+ scores
move him to fwds and start draper and finally laugh now Gawn is rested.   
Took bloody long enough.    Need a couple of 80's from Gawn and I can go Ladhams to Gawn before the finals.

timtim

Quote from: crowls on August 08, 2020, 08:34:31 PM
Took bloody long enough.    Need a couple of 80's from Gawn and I can go Ladhams to Gawn before the finals.

This. Love it

I just traded out Gawn to Oscar Mcinerney. No Smartin or Archie smith for next 5-6 weeks. Rucked solo last two games averaged 105/110-ish

Gawn BE 240 so he’ll lose a ton of cash once he’s back. With a bit of luck I’ll be able to go Oscar to Gawn

YOLO haha

crowls

good move on oscar timtim, I think it will pay off big time for you.  Looked at it but already had ladhams. 

Fid

Quote from: timtim on August 08, 2020, 08:44:57 PM
Quote from: crowls on August 08, 2020, 08:34:31 PM

This. Love it

I just traded out Gawn to Oscar Mcinerney. No Smartin or Archie smith for next 5-6 weeks. Rucked solo last two games averaged 105/110-ish

Gawn BE 240 so he’ll lose a ton of cash once he’s back. With a bit of luck I’ll be able to go Oscar to Gawn

YOLO haha

Does anyone know how long Gawn is out for? 

I understand the BE, but if he is out this week and the next is it worth a trade?

Remembering that Gawn has a game in hand....

crowls

just  read an article that said he is just being rested because of sore knee not the shoulder/back issue he is carrying.  Sounds like back next week unfortunately for me.  https://t.co/YOG05mwpIg