Round 11 Trades

Started by Rusty00, August 06, 2020, 02:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

backpocket

Quote from: OZDocker on August 10, 2020, 02:46:24 PM
Quote from: backpocket on August 10, 2020, 12:04:20 AM
Does anyone know if round 12 is a 3 trade round/ squads the night before again?

Legend. Got so many different answers all weekend

Sabretooth Tigers

???

Out   Gawn  (Balta in to ruck0,       McIntyre      Budarick

In     T Mitchell,             Pettracca,           H Schoenberg

Plan to pick Gawn up again  after he has 1 or 2 games back, have the cash. With byes utilized by teams during this fixture helter skelter how many teams do you think may rest players during the SC final rounds in preparation for the regular finals series ?? Reckon that most may have just 2 or 3 trades left coming in to our finals and I'm thinking that won't be enough.  Any thoughts ??

:-\ ;)

Samsturmfels

Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on August 10, 2020, 06:26:16 PM
???

Out   Gawn  (Balta in to ruck0,       McIntyre      Budarick

In     T Mitchell,             Pettracca,           H Schoenberg

Plan to pick Gawn up again  after he has 1 or 2 games back, have the cash. With byes utilized by teams during this fixture helter skelter how many teams do you think may rest players during the SC final rounds in preparation for the regular finals series ?? Reckon that most may have just 2 or 3 trades left coming in to our finals and I'm thinking that won't be enough.  Any thoughts ??

:-\ ;)
Really like the Petracca  pick up (Hurts not having him in my team).

i feel the thing that will kill lots of peoples overall ranks is having to many players missing due to a bye. For example between crows, dogs and cats i have 10 players between them.

Sabretooth Tigers

:)

True Sam. I have 9 trades left with $295k salary. Need Gawn, 2 mids and 1 forward to finish my team. Only weaknesses in finished team would be Cripps and Docherty. But I'm of the opinion that there will be players rested in rounds 16 and 17 and that could rightly screw us if we don't have enough trades over. Perhaps the go might be to fill the last couple of positions during finals.

Samsturmfels

Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on August 10, 2020, 06:43:11 PM

True Sam. I have 9 trades left with $295k salary. Need Gawn, 2 mids and 1 forward to finish my team. Only weaknesses in finished team would be Cripps and Docherty. But I'm of the opinion that there will be players rested in rounds 16 and 17 and that could rightly screw us if we don't have enough trades over. Perhaps the go might be to fill the last couple of positions during finals.

well thats impressive, I can also add Simpkin, Baz as weaknesses

Sabretooth Tigers

Quote from: Samsturmfels on August 10, 2020, 06:50:28 PM
Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on August 10, 2020, 06:43:11 PM

well thats impressive, I can also add Simpkin, Baz as weaknesses

Wouldn't be counting Simpkin out just yet. Best of luck mate.

Grazz

3 Trades for RD12
I presume the squads night before rule will apply due to RD11 finishing on Wed 12th and straight into RD12 on Thu13th. Rd12 finishes on Mon17th followed by RD13 on Fri 21st which should mean normal team line up release. I wish i knew when the last 5 bye games were scheduled.

I'm not certain but I thought I heard or read somewhere the last four rounds are byes.

Sabretooth Tigers

Thought they are all playing each other once = 17 rounds then finals. So 14/15/16/17 would be the SC finals. That is going to really test trades for finals and filling teams. No room for error. Cheers all.

:o

Samsturmfels

Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on August 10, 2020, 08:23:27 PM

Thought they are all playing each other once = 17 rounds then finals. So 14/15/16/17 would be the SC finals. That is going to really test trades for finals and filling teams. No room for error. Cheers all.

:o
18 rounds due to byes

Sepcialone

A trade that I should of seen earlier
While looking at Ceglar's bad score , he was always ruck cover which is why I kept him but his price is similar to the Big O McInerney
Has anyone else that kept ceglar or done the trade considered this type of  trade?

Sabretooth Tigers

Quote from: Grazz on August 10, 2020, 07:15:01 PM
3 Trades for RD12
I presume the squads night before rule will apply due to RD11 finishing on Wed 12th and straight into RD12 on Thu13th. Rd12 finishes on Mon17th followed by RD13 on Fri 21st which should mean normal team line up release. I wish i knew when the last 5 bye games were scheduled.

I'm not certain but I thought I heard or read somewhere the last four rounds are byes.

???

Think you are correct. Bloody hell, finals with byes and some teams possibly resting players for the AFL finals is definitely going to make life interesting.

::)

bkimm32

If the last 4 rounds are bye rounds, it may be beneficial to finish the team with a couple rookies on field here and there if it means being able to squeeze an extra super perm or 2 in.

crowls

Quote from: bkimm32 on August 11, 2020, 08:06:41 AM
If the last 4 rounds are bye rounds, it may be beneficial to finish the team with a couple rookies on field here and there if it means being able to squeeze an extra super perm or 2 in.
agree with this.   no need for a strong m9/f7/d6

PowerBug

It's looking like at this stage:

Rounds 14-17 will be the same as what Rounds 9-12 are fixture wise (So condensed into 3 weekends). We know that 10 teams will have a bye in this time. Expect this to be over 3 rounds (4,4,2 split).

Best 18 has already been confirmed for any round with less than 9 fixtures. The precedent was set here back in Round 3.

Extra trades came in this time because of the condensed fixtures, there was no guarantee that this would happen again and I would not bank on it happening again, if it does it's a bonus.
A Port supporter with a full set of his own teeth
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

alex1234

Quote from: PowerBug on August 11, 2020, 11:38:43 PM
It's looking like at this stage:

Rounds 14-17 will be the same as what Rounds 9-12 are fixture wise (So condensed into 3 weekends). We know that 10 teams will have a bye in this time. Expect this to be over 3 rounds (4,4,2 split).

Best 18 has already been confirmed for any round with less than 9 fixtures. The precedent was set here back in Round 3.

Extra trades came in this time because of the condensed fixtures, there was no guarantee that this would happen again and I would not bank on it happening again, if it does it's a bonus.

Last night on the half time show (adelaide v collingwood) Gerard Whateley and Mark Robinson were discussing the next footy frenzy saying that it was very similar to this footy frenzy the main difference being that all 10 teams were going to have the bye in the same round, with less double headers and minimal Tuesday/Wednesday night games

I would love to rewatch this if anyone can find footage and i’m surprised that it didn’t appear in my twitter feed but if this is the case i don’t think best 18 is gonna cut it. - i looked last night and i’ll have 11 playing if that were to be the case