2020 Byes

Started by Samsturmfels, July 22, 2020, 01:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samsturmfels

Wondering what everyone's thoughts are of the byes that have been announced?

I currently have 5 players on my bench not playing, low trades and 4 dons/dees players currently playing.

Out of the 6 teams who have the byes i somehow only have 6 players from those teams (Cogs, doch, cripps, Whit, Philp, BJ Williams).
Which means i have 19 players for the remaining 10 teams  :o If the Pies, Dogs and Tigers were to have the same bye my team will may be stuffed as i currently have 9 players from those 3 teams.

Here is the byes:
Round 10: Fremantle, West Coast, Hawthorn, Carlton
Round 11: Greater Western Sydney, Sydney

Round 14 Bye teams:  Adelaide, Brisbane
Round 15: Geelong, Gold Coast, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide, St Kilda, Western Bulldogs
Round 16: Collingwood, Richmond

Updated Changes
Total trades: 34 (increased from 30)

Round 8 trades: Maximum of two

Round 9-12 trades: Maximum of three

Best 18 scoring system for bye rounds (Round 10 and 11)

Waiver wire cleared at 4am in KFC SuperCoach draft on the morning after a round ends.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/485426/fixture-reveal-dons-dees-inked-in-as-afl-unveils-all-the-r14-18-games

Ringo

Not alone there will be interesting to see bye structures in next batch.

bkimm32

Bad bye time for the out of form Cripps and to a far lesser extent Mitchell from a supercoach perspective... if they had a later bye they would be good candidates to sideways trade to other players who have already had byes... looks like they will have to stay in most teams

RaisyDaisy

Have to assume that they will implement Best 18

Kind of think they should be doing Best 18 for every round moving forward now - with all these short turn arounds we're going to see key SC players rested you would think

Either way, the theme for this season has pretty much been "who cares" and just do the best you can to complete a side, and cop whatever comes

I'm alright with these current byes - it's the second lot with Gee/Coll/Rich/WBD/Bris etc that is going to smash me, and I would think most people

I'm not doing any planning - just looking to buy low and sell high, get as much bang for buck as I can

Ringo

Waste of time planning in my opinion as with 4 day turn arounds can expect some restings.  Nexr round of fixtures could be a killer as RD says depending on how they structure byes,

Samsturmfels

Updated changes

Ringo

Quote from: Samsturmfels on July 22, 2020, 03:34:36 PM
Updated changes

Also note Best 18 count for Rds 10 and 11

shaker

Awesome more trades to squander.

crowls

Quote from: shaker on July 22, 2020, 05:24:06 PM
Awesome more trades to squander.
Great now I can bring in all the players that scored after I traded them out for 20% more than I got for them. :-\

Samsturmfels

Round 15: Geelong, Gold Coast, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide, St Kilda, Western Bulldogs

How many players is everyone missing per round atm?
i am,
R14: 3 (2 keepers, 1 rookie)
R15: 8 (6 keepers, 2 rookies) (will be 9 by the end of this round)
R16: 6 (2 keepers, 4 rookies)

Mat0369

Danger, Duncan, Bont, Macrae, Stewart and Bailey Smith. Might trade Smith now instead of Dev

timtim

Quote from: Samsturmfels on August 14, 2020, 04:18:15 PM

How many players is everyone missing per round atm?
i am,
R14: 3 (2 keepers, 1 rookie)
R15: 8 (6 keepers, 2 rookies) (will be 9 by the end of this round)
R16: 6 (2 keepers, 4 rookies)

6 teams with bye in 1 round... surely more trades are coming with best 18 (best 14 maybe haha)

I suggest everyone spam HS on Facebook with “trades, trades, trades, trades”

Rusty00

After trades this round I will be

R14: 3 (1 keeper, 2 rookies)
R15: 7 (5 keepers, 2 rookies)
R16: 3 (2 keepers, 1 rookies)

Bailey Smith and Houston included in those 5 in Rd.15 so hopefully will have the trades to turf them by then.

Wanderer

Currently:

R14: 2 (1 keeper, 1 rookie)
R15: 7 (3 keepers, 4 rookies)
R16: 2 (1 keepers, 1 rookie)

Rusty00

Had my team planned nicely around this bye round, when many others either hadn’t, or didn’t worry about it as were going for leagues only. Have 18 premiums on the field, so subsequently hoping for a nice score and move up the rankings.......

Shuey 63
Dusty 54
Walters 49

Must have had too much good fortune earlier in the season, so the SC Gods are punishing me now :'(