EXV Mid Season Trade Period

Started by Holz, July 21, 2020, 04:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

At the conclusion of the end of the round in 2 weeks we will be running a Mid Season Trade period while the EXV has a bye.

The Trade period will open the day after the conclusion of the round and then close the day before the next round starts this will likely be 10 or so days.

I will give exact dates once the fixture is known.

You are allowed a maximum of 3 players moved.

No future picks can be trade and you dont have to give a positional or injury reason for your trades just the normal trading rules.

In the lead up you can post in this thread. What your looking for what you have excess of and what your planning.

LaHug

I have 1 million forwards and 0 million mids. I would like to trade for a high scoring mid. As mids typically score more than forwards, I will obviously want an upgrade in points average with this trade where the benefit to you is, obviously, being able to play that player in the forward line. At the moment, I am playing mid/fwd DPPs in the mids and as utilities so pick one of those or one of the players in my forwards and offer me a points upgrade.

Scrads

Do trades HAVE to be 1 for 1, 2 for 2 or 3 for 3 or could we do a 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 and increase/reduce our squad size by 1 or 2 if we want? (obviously either way next off-season you would have to bring it back to normal).

Holz

Quote from: Scrads on July 24, 2020, 10:50:55 AM
Do trades HAVE to be 1 for 1, 2 for 2 or 3 for 3 or could we do a 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 and increase/reduce our squad size by 1 or 2 if we want? (obviously either way next off-season you would have to bring it back to normal).

good clarification Scrads

like last year we keep list sizes the same so they need to be 1 for 1 or 2 for 2.

Scrads

Quote from: Holz on July 24, 2020, 10:55:01 AM
Quote from: Scrads on July 24, 2020, 10:50:55 AM

good clarification Scrads

like last year we keep list sizes the same so they need to be 1 for 1 or 2 for 2.

All good, cheers

Scrads

Anyone contending who is keen to trade young players with potential for older guys getting it done send me a pm :)

Holz

So next weeks round finishes on Friday the 7th of August.

This means we can start the trade period at 11:59pm AEST on the 7th of August

The trade period will end 13th of August at 11:59pm AEST

It means we only have 6 days to get moves done so start talking early.

I will be on to approve or reject trades quickly.

iZander

Looking for a premo defender this trade period, can give an equal fwd or maybe mid or do a combo of youth (with you also giving a dud to keep it 2:2, 3:3) hit me up if interested, only forward not available is greene and probably parish!

Holz

Rocky just dropped a 101,

would be a nice addition to anyone pushing for a flag. 82 average puts him as a top 20 mid.

fanTCfool

Bashers have a stack of midfielders, could do with a F5 or D5.

Holz

Hungary Trade: Ed Curnow
Belarus Trade: Brodie Kemp

thinking long term. I have lots of solid mids so getting a younger guy to bring in the new Hungary era

LaHug

Quote from: Holz on August 10, 2020, 04:23:10 PM
Hungary Trade: Ed Curnow
Belarus Trade: Brodie Kemp

thinking long term. I have lots of solid mids so getting a younger guy to bring in the new Hungary era

Accepted

Thinking short term. Need more guys averaging 70+ this season to support Grundy, Treloar, Clugg. Hoping Kemp is still a few years away or I'll feel kind dumb.

Nige

Russia gives: Travis Boak + Jared Polec
Belarus gives: James Rowbottom + Sam Powell-Pepper

So I'm blessed to have like 8 blokes in my midfield who can start and score fairly well but the issue I currently have is my forward line being sketchy, so I'm acquiring two DPP players who can still provide mid depth (and likely are future mids) but also help cover my forward woes with Gaz out of action and possibly in his last season, saves me relying on a Sam Lloyd or a Jake Melksham type. If it doesn't work out and there's some short term pain, there's definitely gonna be long term gain.

Huggy to confirm.

LaHug

Quote from: Nige on August 10, 2020, 11:34:51 PM
Russia gives: Travis Boak + Jared Polec
Belarus gives: James Rowbottom + Sam Powell-Pepper

So I'm blessed to have like 8 blokes in my midfield who can start and score fairly well but the issue I currently have is my forward line being sketchy, so I'm acquiring two DPP players who can still provide mid depth (and likely are future mids) but also help cover my forward woes with Gaz out of action and possibly in his last season, saves me relying on a Sam Lloyd or a Jake Melksham type. If it doesn't work out and there's some short term pain, there's definitely gonna be long term gain.

Huggy to confirm.

It's no secret that I have strong forward depth and youth but am lacking scoring power behind Grundy/Treloar/Clugg (and even he's inconsistent). This move probably pushes me the wrong way age wise but finally gives me a couple of good scorers (particularly Boak). I was playing DPP forwards as mids or utilities most weeks anyway so it's a short-term gain in points with a sacrifice of flexibility and future points.

Confirmed

Holz

Hungary Trades: Adam Cerra + Matt Kennedy
Greece Trades: Jack Billings + Lachlan Fogarty

Reason: Greece needs a defender to push for a flag and has heaps of mids (like everyone in EXV but me). Cerra also provides lots of upside after dropping a monster last week.

Im not pushing for a flag yet so just building towards one so billings will help me given my weak midfield. Kennedy is averaging 66 but again im not pushing for a flag so happy to give him away.