Devon Smith

Started by bkimm32, July 17, 2020, 09:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bkimm32

Anyone have him still? Unfortunately with so many injuries I haven’t been able to trade him but he will be gone as soon as I can.

Samsturmfels

Quote from: bkimm32 on July 17, 2020, 09:55:19 PM
Anyone have him still? Unfortunately with so many injuries I haven’t been able to trade him but he will be gone as soon as I can.
Pretty sure his ownership was around 60%. With him having a bye coming up and still scoring better than rookies I'm keeping him for now. Im gonna upgrade the rest of the field first.

Wanderer

Quote from: Samsturmfels on July 17, 2020, 11:53:42 PM
Pretty sure his ownership was around 60%. With him having a bye coming up and still scoring better than rookies I'm keeping him for now. Im gonna upgrade the rest of the field first.
+1 Will be handy for byes.

HoleMeal

Quote from: Wanderer on July 18, 2020, 09:03:33 AM
+2

Ringo

Quote from: HoleMeal on July 18, 2020, 09:07:04 AM
+2
and +3 Quite happy for him to sit at F5/6 whilst I complete mids and strengthen defence.  Priorities!!!

Thewizz71

Just needs to stop giving away dumb arse free kicks.
I don't think he's as tough as he thinks he is.

Goosey

Quote from: Ringo on July 18, 2020, 10:04:38 AM
Quote from: HoleMeal on July 18, 2020, 09:07:04 AM
+2
and +3 Quite happy for him to sit at F5/6 whilst I complete mids and strengthen defence.  Priorities!!!
In no position for luxury trades such as this, still have MacPherson too :(

RaisyDaisy

He's frustrating, but everyone has him, and upgrading rookies is more of a priority

As some have said, bye cover will be handy too

I'll keep him, and instead I plan on trading Dusty unless he dramatically improves because he's been even worse than Dev

MontyJnr

He looks terrible. Not a premium. Might get a bit of an edge on the majority if you trade.

Wanderer

Quote from: MontyJnr on July 18, 2020, 12:46:06 PM
He looks terrible. Not a premium. Might get a bit of an edge on the majority if you trade.
If you trade him to a Petracca or a premium Demon/Bomber it could give you an edge, just as long as that premium outscores him for the rest of the year.

Samsturmfels

The positive with Smith is atleast he has made some cash. It hurts more when i realise Laird, Cogs, Dusty, Cripps, whitfield have lost 
about 410k in total, and about 68 sc points on average, all now average under 101 due to form or injury. 

shaker

Quote from: Samsturmfels on July 18, 2020, 01:23:27 PM
The positive with Smith is atleast he has made some cash. It hurts more when i realise Laird, Cogs, Dusty, Cripps, whitfield have lost 
about 410k in total, and about 68 sc points on average, all now average under 101 due to form or injury. 

Yeah he certainly is not the only under perfoming player this year but this is not a usual year he stays.

Wanderer

1) He is averaging over 80 points per match (including last night's 71), which is higher than the forward rookies.
2) He averaged 97 two years ago (last year he was injured), so there is the potential of some upside.
3) He will be useful during the byes.
4) He has DPP, which could come in handy.
5) His price doesn't look like dropping further than his starting price yet.
6) Other than Simpkin, Whitfield, Walters, Petracca and now Greenwood maybe, the jury is still out on the other forward options.

The Bombers midfield is struggling and they are relatively young, so maybe he gets more of a run through there and turns things around.

I'm holding him for now.

frenzy

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 18, 2020, 12:39:28 PM
He's frustrating, but everyone has him, and upgrading rookies is more of a priority

As some have said, bye cover will be handy too

I'll keep him, and instead I plan on trading Dusty unless he dramatically improves because he's been even worse than Dev

To think Whitfield was $30k cheaper last week, if you didn't already have him.

HappyDEZ

When you still have Pitto & Starc on field Dev is going A OK. Pitto to Grundy this week if I can cobble together 6 DEFs & Jy is OK .