Simpkin v Petracca v Smith v Ebert

Started by Thewizz71, June 24, 2020, 03:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewizz71

Thinking of offloading Whitfield and maybe an underperforming Bont or Danger?
Looking at one or two of these "break out" contenders.

Mat0369

Ebert has a habit of starting well before regressing about 8 weeks into the year. He is last on that list. As for the other 3, I started with Petracca and I've been contemplating how to get the other two into my team. The Libba addition didn't hurt Smith at all in SC, while Simpkin is locked into the North mid and is winning a lot of contested pill. I think I want both at some point. Grab Simpkin maybe due to the BE

whynot102

Mat0369

No, I would hold Rozee. He started extremely well, copped a boot to the face and disappeared. I don't know how much Wines hurts his scoring, but I think it was more the kick in the face that hurt him in that game

tkringle

Simpkin, then Petracca for me.

One thing making me reconsider this though is having no idea how supercoach plans on dealing with the missed Dees v Dons game. If they are going to give double points, then Petracca easily.. Hopefully that it clarified today or tomorrow..

Only Smiths second season so he might slow down. Ebert always slows down about half way through the year

benharris222

Quote from: tkringle on June 24, 2020, 03:46:32 PM

One thing making me reconsider this though is having no idea how supercoach plans on dealing with the missed Dees v Dons game. If they are going to give double points, then Petracca easily.. Hopefully that it clarified today or tomorrow..

Only Smiths second season so he might slow down. Ebert always slows down about half way through the year

This for me! The missed game throws everything off. Simpkin looks really damaging at the moment, but the double game could help make up a lot of points.

Wanderer

Quote from: benharris222 on June 24, 2020, 08:43:35 PM
Quote from: tkringle on June 24, 2020, 03:46:32 PM

This for me! The missed game throws everything off. Simpkin looks really damaging at the moment, but the double game could help make up a lot of points.

No double points as just announced. Just taking the highest score of the two games they play.

LordSneeze

I haven't posted about Simpkin yet, but he is a hard pass for me.
He is averaging +40 DT to SC conversion for a players that is an average +4-5 I dont see that being sustainable even with the shortened quarters increasing this. I feel this is a chasin point situation, need to take into account average for your team, not average for the full year.

Petracca I picked, but ive been burnt by him before. Ive been impressed by him in the 2 games so far and feel e is a better chance to keep it up.

Smith, for me no, how many players can the dogs have that average over 100, too risky for me given the other Doogies options.

Ebert, Hard no, chasing points for me

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: LordSneeze on June 25, 2020, 05:16:28 PM
I haven't posted about Simpkin yet, but he is a hard pass for me.
He is averaging +40 DT to SC conversion for a players that is an average +4-5 I dont see that being sustainable even with the shortened quarters increasing this. I feel this is a chasin point situation, need to take into account average for your team, not average for the full year.

Petracca I picked, but ive been burnt by him before. Ive been impressed by him in the 2 games so far and feel e is a better chance to keep it up.

Smith, for me no, how many players can the dogs have that average over 100, too risky for me given the other Doogies options.

Ebert, Hard no, chasing points for me

I'm not sure the +40 means much and you're probably reading into it too much

Look at a lot of the top SC scorers so far and they all have huge SC/AF differentials. Simpkin is playing pure mid so for a fwd option he should be able to continue to perform. Will he keep going 100+? Probably not, but he should be a Top 6-8 fwd unless something dramatically changes

Dunkley out for 6 weeks should only help Smith you'd think, but I wouldn't consider him until I had Petracca and or Simpkin first

Ebert is the king of fading in the 2nd half of the season so this is just classic Ebert at the moment

IntegralX

Personally going to go for B. Smith. Has started well and should see an increase in midfield minutes now that Dunkley is gone for 6 weeks. Cunnington should return for North and impact Simpkins scoring a little.

PowerBug

Please do not get Ebert guys. He plays as a fwd (next to 0 midfield time) and I don't think we could've had an easier first 3 rounds for him to score well in. Plus he always tails off, just look at every season in the last 5 or 6.

I already own Petracca, and will be getting Simpkin this week. Any of the other 3 are good options!

Mat0369

Yeah it's hard to split Simpkin and Smith. Only reason I'd probably go Simpkin is he has shown a higher ceiling. Watch me hold off my trade tonight and then regret it.