Where has it gone wrong?

Started by Mat0369, June 14, 2020, 09:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

So after 2 rounds, where have you screwed up in structure or you've selected that's been a complete bust?

For me it's been the midfield. I've picked the wrong premiums with only one scoring over 110 in rounds 1 and 2 (Cripps). Macrae, Kelly, Danger and Bont have absolutely killed me so far.

No Gawn this week also stung a little but Nic Nat has been decent so I'm not overly cut up

shaker

Starting English thinking was going to break out , swapping Byrne-Jones for Houston before R1 , starting MacPherson after he blitzed it in the preseason the rest not to bad maybe Macrae playing crap in the first 2 rounds.

jfitty

It's hard, feel as though we shouldn't get too annoyed over picks we made almost 3 months ago.

This is going to be the strangest season, in a normal year who knows how it would have gone.

That said, frustrated with picks like Bont and Laird, but need to try and complete the team as best I can, so they'll have to hang around.

Rusty00

I'm fairly satisfied with my team structure

Houston not playing the role I expected. I picked Sicily because he was slightly underpriced due to the couple of games he played forward last season and expected him to take kick-ins with Hardwick out injured. Out of nowhere Gunston took all the kick-ins in Rd.1 and now obviously Hardwick is back. Brought Howe in this week. Happy I didn't pick Roberton.

Fairly happy with my mid premos, especially starting with Neale again.

Jury still out on Naismith at R2, with so many other big scores from Gawn, Goldy, etc.

Whitfield not worth the cash so far. Petracca off to a good start.

IntegralX

Quote from: Rusty00 on June 14, 2020, 11:41:14 PM

Jury still out on Naismith at R2, with so many other big scores from Gawn, Goldy, etc.

I don't think Naismith is getting back into that Sydney team yet; Sinclair utterly destroyed Bellchamers today...Pittonet is going to bail out a lot of Naismith owners though.

As for the question at hand, I'm really grateful for those 5 trades as it allowed me to fix most of my errors. NN was the trap I fell into; I'm unsure whether or not to leave him or go down to Pittonet and make a big upgrade depending on who does/doesn't get named (Ex: I could turn Noble if dropped or Green into a premo). I nailed my structure but just have the wrong players in a few spts.

Mat0369

Whitfield is averaging 103 so while he was priced at 111 you were paying for a guy that was going to be reliable at a position of uncertainty. He also looked like he was going to score huge in the first half but slowed down when the Giants hit the wall. They flipped jim and Williams at HT and that appeared to hurt his scoring a touch.

Nic Nat had a poor game where the midfield was smashed and still scored 85. I'm not upset with that. He also gets a gimpy Stef Martin and McInerney next round.

Pitonnet looks to be a legit cash cow with Carlton having 0 rucks right now. Kreuz is out at least 6 weeks. TDK is out at least a couple and Casboult will play forward with Curnow being out for the season. I'm going to do some bouncing around to try and bring him kn because he plays Geelong and Essendon the next two weeks.

Rusty00

Quote from: IntegralX on June 15, 2020, 12:27:30 AM
I don't think Naismith is getting back into that Sydney team yet; Sinclair utterly destroyed Bellchamers today...Pittonet is going to bail out a lot of Naismith owners though.
Naismith destroyed ROB in Round 1 though, so would be tough to lose his spot purely because of injury given he was picked ahead of Sinclair in Round 1. Depends which way Sydney want to go I guess.

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 15, 2020, 03:07:12 AM
Whitfield is averaging 103 so while he was priced at 111 you were paying for a guy that was going to be reliable at a position of uncertainty. He also looked like he was going to score huge in the first half but slowed down when the Giants hit the wall. They flipped jim and Williams at HT and that appeared to hurt his scoring a touch.
Ah yes, I was thinking AF/DT where his scores are much worse.

no eye deer

Houston, Brodie Smith, Bont and Jelly.
Already punted Bont and Smith. Spud Houston is gone this week.
Looks like I made the right decision keeping Dunkley instead of Bont.

Judd Magic

Macrae, Jelly and Brayshaw (Freo) all pretty average so far imo.

I paid big bucks for Macrae and Jelly and they struggle to score over 100.  :'(

j959

Didn't Captain rookie Rowell this week! :o

;)