Jy Simpkin and Ben Long

Started by whynot102, June 02, 2020, 08:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whynot102

Thinking Macpherson to Long then Roberton to Howe thoughts on both and peoples thoughts on Simpkin can he keep it up

jfitty

I think Simpkin could have a really good rest of season. A little biased as a North supporter, but he played a bunch of midfield time in round 1 which I expect to remain the case.

Looking at him as a Brayshaw replacement..

Peter

Good thought, what do you think of JZ mid time impact?

_wato

I’m really keen on Simpkin. Was he only playing mid after JZ went down though?

whynot102

shaker

Quote from: whynot102 on June 09, 2020, 10:08:38 PM
Thoughts on Ben Longs role
Don't know about his role but he scored 118 in SC but only 51 in DT from only 14 Poss. looks like one of those SC scores where players get a great score from doing little or he had faultless 14 , he might keep that up but thinking you are likely to get scores way lower pass.

tkringle

Quote from: shaker on June 10, 2020, 09:27:20 AM
Don't know about his role but he scored 118 in SC but only 51 in DT from only 14 Poss. looks like one of those SC scores where players get a great score from doing little or he had faultless 14 , he might keep that up but thinking you are likely to get scores way lower pass.

He got a lot of intercept and contested possessions, hence the difference. Still think Bewley with a saved $30K is a better option.

SilverLion

Quote from: tkringle on June 10, 2020, 11:09:06 AM

He got a lot of intercept and contested possessions, hence the difference. Still think Bewley with a saved $30K is a better option.
Or go Townsend and save 60k ;)

Ingram

Keep going back to Townsend. Hard to back a player no one is talking about. Reckon another big score from him on Sunday.

Mat0369

Long looked really good through pre-season in a fantasy friendly role. If I was looking at a smokey he seems like a nice pick

Samsturmfels

what does everyone think these 2 will average?

SilverLion

Quote from: Samsturmfels on June 13, 2020, 01:50:00 PM
what does everyone think these 2 will average?
Anywhere from 60-90 ;D

If they both take the next step, could easily push 90. If they don't, could easily average around 60-70.

frenzy

Young Daicos looked good the other night, don't mind if I do. ;)

Samsturmfels

Quote from: frenzy on June 13, 2020, 02:12:54 PM
Young Daicos looked good the other night, don't mind if I do. ;)
can only get him in the midfield though

bkimm32

Great call... I got sucked in after round 1 and made one of my biggest SuperCoach rookie errors ever and traded out Andrew Brayshaw to bring in Ben Long. Long hadn’t tonned up since meanwhile Brayshaw averages 91 before heading into this round and went massive against the Saints yesterday. Long will probably miss a few weeks now too... might trade them back... what a waste of trades.

Stupid, stupid by me.