Round 2 Trades

Started by RaisyDaisy, March 22, 2020, 12:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sidvicious

do we use all 5 trades or not. How many rounds remain b4 finals ?

shaker

Quote from: sidvicious on May 25, 2020, 01:30:17 PM
You bet your bottom dollar we do.

tommy10

Quote from: shaker on May 25, 2020, 01:49:59 PM
Not sure if I'll use all 5 trades, but definitely worth using more than 2 imo to get the team right. Finals are from rounds 14-17.

RaisyDaisy

tommy10

Quote from: tommy10 on May 25, 2020, 04:55:08 PM
Not sure if I'll use all 5 trades, but definitely worth using more than 2 imo to get the team right. Finals are from rounds 14-17.
After looking at my team, I think I'm gonna do 5 haha  ;D

LordSneeze

Really depends what you feel you need to fix. Given we are keeping 30 trades with a shortened season you can be more aggressive with corrections. Would playing lighter actually be better longer term as you can trade harder during upgrades.

Are you willing to sideways a premium if they scored poorly in R1 or back your initial team?
Do you jump on the mid pricers or lower premiums who scored well? (EG Howe)
What Rookie corrections are required? Impossible to know until we get more information on who is likely to lineup

Ringo

With finals from Rd 13 - 17 not a lot of time to get team right.

5 trades to be used have done three so far but that may have to be reversed when we see who is playing.

If Sam Sturt is named and not in team a virtual must with a huge price rise predicted,

_wato

Lunchbox, Roberton, Green, Xerri/Cavarra OUT

Howe, Naismith, Sturt, Georgiades IN

Don’t like Lynch’s draw, not enough time this year to hold on for the scores in the back end. Roberton was disgusting, only gonna hold if Carlisle plays and they publicly say Roberton will play loose.

Naismith is like Witts a few years back, absolute MUST. Will hit 450k and quickly. Cash gen is the most important thing this year.
And Sturt + Georgiades are the two rookies I missed. If Cavarra is dropped he will go and Xerri can be used to loophole the forwards.
Gonna make use of Sauce / Naismith and play whoever has the friendlier fixture (Naismith Rd2, Sauce Rd3)

Apart from that im giving all my premos another week (Dunkley, Yeo, Sicily, Crisp) looking at you

tkringle

Might as well use all the trades. Will still have enough for the maximum 2 per week and 3 left for finals

jfitty

I'm wondering how aggressively we should move guys like Bont, Dunks, etc given the different circumstances this year..

Bont > Viney, means Brayshaw > Heeney for me.. Plus some rookie corrections and it looks great.

shaker

Quote from: jfitty on May 27, 2020, 12:02:51 PM
I'm wondering how aggressively we should move guys like Bont, Dunks, etc given the different circumstances this year..

Bont > Viney, means Brayshaw > Heeney for me.. Plus some rookie corrections and it looks great.
I'm thinking if ever there was a year to go ballistic on trades this is it.

_wato

Quote from: jfitty on May 27, 2020, 12:02:51 PM

Then Viney gets injured, or plateaus to a 95-100 average, Heeney gets stuck forward and pulls out a 90-95 whilst Bont goes 115 and Brayshaw after building his tank (preseason surgery) goes to 90. Then you’re like f***

Hippo

I started Viney and would like to think that by the time a Plateau happens hes at a price to sideways with 1 trade. hes pretty much guaranteed to go up by 100k by rd4, another 110+ game after that and hes between 530-580k.
With Dees next 4 rds and Gawn dominating hit outs and being fit, he'll get there surely.

and that 200k you make from Bont to him (as a example) gets you Roberton too Howe and Spudshaw too say a Wingard.

in this scenario your team is up $300k in 3rds.

Keep Bont Brayshaw and Roberton your team is up f@rk all. And the fact Buddy is back and you trade in Heeney - Heeney has no money value as a trade

IntegralX

Considering 2 of the following options:

OUT: Smith, Cavarra, Bedford, NN, Bont

In: Howe, Sturt, Naismith, Heeney, any defender under 500k (Haynes/DBJ)

OR

In: Howe, Sturt, Naismith, Hurn, Viney

I absolutely hate the way sc is playing out this season...I'd rather lose due to running out of trades than sitting on my hands.

tommy10

Quote from: Hippo on May 27, 2020, 01:45:00 PM
I started Viney and would like to think that by the time a Plateau happens hes at a price to sideways with 1 trade. hes pretty much guaranteed to go up by 100k by rd4, another 110+ game after that and hes between 530-580k.
With Dees next 4 rds and Gawn dominating hit outs and being fit, he'll get there surely.

and that 200k you make from Bont to him (as a example) gets you Roberton too Howe and Spudshaw too say a Wingard.

in this scenario your team is up $300k in 3rds.

Keep Bont Brayshaw and Roberton your team is up f@rk all. And the fact Buddy is back and you trade in Heeney - Heeney has no money value as a trade
Buddy has injured his hammy again!