Brett Bewley

Started by Dmoney$, June 12, 2020, 11:58:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dmoney$

Does anyone know much about Bewley is round 1 enough of an indication that he’s going to step it up in 2020 and score well consistently or should I be cautious using all my extra $$$ to trade him in?

Wanderer

He seems to be playing in a SuperCoach friendly role. I can't see him setting the world on fire but might be able to pump out consistent scores in the 75-90 range. It all depends how many mid pricers your team has because you can burn a lot of trades upgrading these guys later, especially if they don't live up to expectations. I'm getting him this week to replace Brayshaw FWIW, but not overly confident about it.

RaisyDaisy

Was very close to bringing him in, and actually wanted to, but I had to go with Doedee instead simply because my backline needed a lot of fixing

At 250k he should make as much as a rookie, if not more, and has the better scoring ability and JS

I agree 70-90 most weeks isn't unrealistic, and that's a great return on 250k

Disappointed I couldn't fit him in

Dmoney$

Thanks lads. What’s the reason for the prediction of an average score rise from 50 odd last year to 75-90 this year?

fanTCfool

Role change, played on the wing in Round 1. Blake Acres may claim the spot off him when fit, though.

Dmoney$

Quote from: fanTCfool on June 12, 2020, 12:38:33 PM
Role change, played on the wing in Round 1. Blake Acres may claim the spot off him when fit, though.

Good point, when is Acres back?

shaker

Quote from: Dmoney$ on June 12, 2020, 01:36:45 PM

Not listed as injured probably building fitness could be next week

Rusty00

Quote from: shaker on June 12, 2020, 02:16:20 PM

Acres return is the only reason I'm hesitating on Bewley. Acres apparently left the training track early yesterday, so obviously not quite ready to go this week

tommy10

Quote from: Rusty00 on June 12, 2020, 02:27:54 PM
Quote from: shaker on June 12, 2020, 02:16:20 PM

Acres return is the only reason I'm hesitating on Bewley. Acres apparently left the training track early yesterday, so obviously not quite ready to go this week
Am $8k short of doing Cavarra to Bewley as he would be my F5 but agree once Acres returns, his role will change.