Jack Steven

Started by bkimm32, March 19, 2020, 10:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bkimm32

Not named, what’s everyone doing?

Kind of destroys my structure now he’s missing.  Had close to a perfect team $ wise spent, not really any decent keeper options for less price imo. Need like 20k+ more to get a keeper

LordSneeze

Not picking.

Was announced the other day so was easy enough to look at other options.

bkimm32

Really?

I missed that news. God dammit.

RoughRed

Potential captain this week

shaker

Never entertained getting him he looked like a fat pork chop running around and obviously his body didn't like it the only reason he scored so well in Marsh was the ball was passed to him constantly early I expect as a plan for him to get some touch , he has injury written all over him Smith a much better option.

bkimm32

Quote from: shaker on March 20, 2020, 09:32:12 AM
Never entertained getting him he looked like a fat pork chop running around and obviously his body didn't like it the only reason he scored so well in Marsh was the ball was passed to him constantly early I expect as a plan for him to get some touch , he has injury written all over him Smith a much better option.
I mean, the ball was passed to him because he makes an impact... also you have to be in a good position to receive the ball.

I don’t think anyone has ever doubted Stuvs ability.

Wanderer

Was he actually injured though?

Rusty00

Quote from: Wanderer on March 20, 2020, 11:06:37 AM

If he is not injured it's probably worse, because it means they are "managing" him through the season, that hasn't even started yet.

Wanderer

Quote from: Rusty00 on March 20, 2020, 11:09:23 AM

If he is not injured it's probably worse, because it means they are "managing" him through the season, that hasn't even started yet.
There was a post that went around that said he was boozing. I don't know how credible the source was so don't take it as fact. Just trying to understand if it was injury or not.

Rusty00

Quote from: Wanderer on March 20, 2020, 11:13:03 AM
Quote from: Rusty00 on March 20, 2020, 11:09:23 AM

There was a post that went around that said he was boozing. I don't know how credible the source was so don't take it as fact. Just trying to understand if it was injury or not.
Yeah, I'm not sure. The only thing I saw was Chris Scott saying mid-week that "he was unlikely to play Round 1"

RaisyDaisy

“We’re really happy with what he’ll provide us longer term but we think with his preparation, we think it’s prudent just to hold back a week with him,” Scott said.

“He’s coming from a long way back with his preparation, not just this pre-season but the previous 12 months.

“That’s a call we probably decided to make a little bit more proactively, which is why I’m even prepared to say that’s the probable outcome.

“He did enough to indicate he’s OK to play and his game in Colac, he was one of our better players.”

timtim

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 20, 2020, 12:14:29 PM
“We’re really happy with what he’ll provide us longer term but we think with his preparation, we think it’s prudent just to hold back a week with him,” Scott said.

“He’s coming from a long way back with his preparation, not just this pre-season but the previous 12 months.

“That’s a call we probably decided to make a little bit more proactively, which is why I’m even prepared to say that’s the probable outcome.

“He did enough to indicate he’s OK to play and his game in Colac, he was one of our better players.”

Pass. Will wait until he’s actually on the bubble. Enough value around that price point to make a risky pick at this stage.

SydneyRox

yeah, I had him most of preseason, but did a shuffle and now have Mcpherson at D2 with Brayshaw D3 where steven was

shaker

Didn't say he was injured just that he looked like a blimp and after a hitout he could not back it up says to me he's not in good shape.

Wanderer

Quote from: shaker on March 20, 2020, 01:23:10 PM

Didn't say he was injured just that he looked like a blimp and after a hitout he could not back it up says to me he's not in good shape.
Yeah, he sure did look podgy haha, also pre-season game with not as much intensity.