Blues Blues Blues 2020

Started by Blues Blues Blues, March 14, 2020, 10:57:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blues Blues Blues

Hey all

What a flowered year 2020 is. Feel depressed I won’t be able to see the Blues next Thursday night. Anyway, below is first crack at team this season.

Def: Laird, Doc, Roberton, Noble, Zack-Thatch, Brander (McLennan, Gould)
Mid: Neale, Fyfe, Josh Kelly, Cripps, Oliver, Rowell, Green, Pickett (McHenry, Robertson, Budarick)
Ruc: Grundy, Gawn (Xerri)
Fwd: Whitfield, Dusty, Ceglar, Smith, DCameron, Rankine (Taylor, Georgiades)

Cash remaining $46.1k.

Love some feedback!

Ringo

Structure is sound and similar to most.  Just time to sit and wait for teams and adjust rookies as required and may need most of that 46k as it looks like we will not have too many cheap options there.

Good luck.

LordSneeze

Roberton at D3 looks pretty light, but outside that a good starting point.
Are you picking Ceglar as you think he is a keeper or as Ruck cover? Most aren't starting him if going GG.

arbel

I think a little too much ruck cover?
You have Xerri on ruck bench and then Ceglar and Cameron in FWD line?
Ceglar could be F6 or F7 at seasons end but may be better picking others that could turn into premos like Steven.
Usually with GG set up in rucks it is set and forget and just sideways trade if needed

Blues Blues Blues

Thanks for the feedback all - much appreciated!

I’ve had a little tinker and new team is below:

Def: Sicily, Houston, Docherty, Noble, Zerk-Thatcher, Brander (Gould, Williams)
Mid: Fyfe, Cripps, Dunkley, Danger, Rowell, Green, Picket, Roberton (Mahoney, Hibberd, Budarick)
Ruc: Grundy, Gawn (Combden)
Fwd; Whitfield, Dusty, Dawson, Petracca, Smith, Cameron (Rankine, Taylor)

Cash remaining $7.7k.

Decided to bolster defense and upgrade Ceglar, but had to sacrifice a premo mid. But I am hoping the rookies will score well.

I’ve also brought in Dunkley for Neale - not sure if this is wise but I like how he scores when playing in the midfield.

Blues Blues Blues

Hey all

OK - really struggling on what area to attack first. Thinking defence and mids.

Def: Docherty, Laird, Ridley, Starcevich, Noble, Rivers [Brander, B Williams]
Mid:: Neale, Fyfe, Cripps, Danger, Viney, Rowell, T Green, McInerney [Budarick, Picket, T Brown]
Ruck: Gawn, Grundy [Comben]
Fwd: Petrarca, Whitfield, D Smith, Rozee, C Taylor, M King [D Cameron, Davis]

Trades: 21, Cash: $260k

Hopefully Fyfe back this week.
Viney leaking cash, and Rowell has to go.
Rozee playing like shower since I grabbed him.

Will obviously wait to see if Noble, Picket named, plus see if Brander is over his injury.

Thinking:
1. Starc to Haynes, Rowell to Yeo [Starc has a BE of 70, and Haynes looks to be a must have [also a BE of 66]. Yeo also very cheap [BE of 98] and hopefully the Eagles have pulled their fingers out, and will now play at home in WA] - CASH REMAINING: $6k
2. Viney out [move Starc or Rivers to Mids], trade in Haynes. Rowell to Josh Kelly - CASH REMAINING: $95k
3. Viney out [move Starc or Rivers to Mids], trade in Haynes. Rowell to Yeo - CASH REMAINING: $204k

Viney [BE of 136] whilst Yeo has a BE of 98 and Kelly a BE of 100.

What would you do?!

PowerBug

Option 1. Starc to Haynes is an big upgrade. I like Yeo as well for the reasons you mentioned.

Viney gets one more chance for you then you can look to ship next week. Still rather him than a rookie :-\

Blues Blues Blues

Quote from: PowerBug on July 07, 2020, 08:21:22 PM
Option 1. Starc to Haynes is an big upgrade. I like Yeo as well for the reasons you mentioned.

Viney gets one more chance for you then you can look to ship next week. Still rather him than a rookie :-\
Thanks PB. Good feedback - will review teams when they come out

Ringo

Like option 1 as well - Give Viney another week or two (I have him too) as he is still scoring OK better than rookies, last week was his lowest score of the year,

RoughRed

Option 1
Rivers JS seems poor - based on media

Blues Blues Blues

Not happy.

No Noble, Rivers and Brander means I’ll have to put my planned upgrades on hold or I’ll have 2 donuts in defence. Can’t afford both Yeo and Haynes unless I trade Starc, and as he is playing I need to field him.

OPTION A: Thinking now Rowell to Haynes [via Rivers to mids], and Brander to either Hill or Hibberd. Will give me a full playing backline, plus hoping Hill and Hibberd will hit their straps and find previous form? Leaves me $211k [Hill] or $46k [Hibberd].

Not ideal, I feel like I’m potentially wasting a trade to avoid a donut.

OPTION B: Rowell to Aarts [via D Smith to mids], Brander to Haynes. Leaves me $301k for next week

Other ideas??

Ringo

Also could do Rowell to Haynes via Rivers and Brown to Aarts via Smith for similar results.

Blues Blues Blues

You know that helpless feeling when you don’t know how to address your team? Well that’s me!

17 trades remaining and $459k

Def: Haynes, Docherty, Ridley, Laird, Hill, STARCEVICH [Brander, Williams]
Mid: Neale, Danger, Cripps, Viney, D Smith, Picket, Simpson, Budarick [FYFE, Green, Rivers]
Ruck: Gawn, Grundy [Comben]
Fwd: Petracca, Whitfield, ROZEE, Taylor, M King, Rankine [D Cameron, Davis]

I have held Fyfe, and to be honest I’m thinking I may as well hold him and address the other issues.

First trade I’m pretty set on:
- Starc to Sicily: Starc leaking cash, and Sicily has a BE of 28. He dominated despite Hawks getting smashed

For second I’m undecided. Possibly:
[A] Rozee to Bailey Smith: Rozee has flowered me this season well and truly. I’d love to trade Rozee to Greenwood but am $49k short. I’m not sure if Smith will keep his scoring up, but at cant afford
Rozee out, Smith to forwards, and trade in either Coniglio or Yeo
- Cogs: looked great on weekend and smashed out 141. BE of 60, and other than a 49 vs Pies and a 87 vs Dogs, has been 97 or more the other 5
- Yeo: BE of 90, and after a slow start has posted a 121, 105 and 102. Back in Perth now, and Eagles looking good.
- Higgins: BE of 20, and coming off the back of a monster 182. Has posted some poo scores [35 vs Dogs, 61 vs Swans], but otherwise has been 90+. Can go big, with 117, 141 and 182. But is he too inconsistent?

Keen for some advice and suggestions if you have the time - my head hurts!

Thanks in advance

Ringo

You could do Brander to Sicily and that leaves Starc on your bench for e.
then Rozee to whichever option you prefer I like Higgins as a POD the the 35 he posted against Dogs he was carrying a knee injury and had 4 FA and the game against Swans he was tagged by Hewett,

Blues Blues Blues

Quote from: Ringo on July 21, 2020, 11:18:05 PM
You could do Brander to Sicily and that leaves Starc on your bench for e.
then Rozee to whichever option you prefer I like Higgins as a POD the the 35 he posted against Dogs he was carrying a knee injury and had 4 FA and the game against Swans he was tagged by Hewett,

Cheers Ringo.

What about Cogs 49 vs the Pies. Do you know why he scored so low that game?